News 2021 Trade/Free Agent News and reported targets Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is not to discuss current Hawthorn players and whether they’re tradeable, who they're linked to or what you think they’re worth.

This thread is about our Trade targets at other clubs that are linked to us via media(not facebook pages).

Reminder, we are also not thinking up trade hypotheticals of how you would get it done in here, or asking what these players we are linked to are worth.

This is the first test of the Mitchell/Collins/McKenzie dynamic. If we overpay for Ladhams I'll be monumentally disappointed. If we end up paying a future second or a similar price and potentially get crafty with TOB to Port to even things out - I'll be more content of the new regime and their ability to be dealmakers, not the old Hawthorn way of just paying what is asked.

This is the first test of the Mitchell/Collins/McKenzie dynamic. If we overpay for Ladhams I'll be monumentally disappointed. If we end up paying a future second or a similar price and potentially get crafty with TOB to Port to even things out - I'll be more content of the new regime and their ability to be dealmakers, not the old Hawthorn way of just paying what is asked.
Yep fair call.

Only disclaimer is got to view all our trades wholistically at the end of the trade period. Let's just hope we don't bring any GWS bargains in with 3rd or 4th rounders...

As been mentioned on here numerous times big Pete has questionable off field behaviour with a bit of a Port rat pack.

Let’s hope he buys into what we are doing at the Hawks and at age 23 turns out to be a very good risk.

Hawthorn will not be pursuing Port Adelaide ruckman Peter Ladhams in this trade period. The 23-year-old has been exploring options with Sydney and the Hawks potentially interested however Port have said they expect a first round pick in return for the ruckman.

where’s this from?

Hawthorn will not be pursuing Port Adelaide ruckman Peter Ladhams in this trade period. The 23-year-old has been exploring options with Sydney and the Hawks potentially interested however Port have said they expect a first round pick in return for the ruckman.
you *in beauty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would still prefer to get Ladhams over lynch but it’s looking likely port won’t accept anything less than a first (which is definitely overs).
Agree on both: Ladhams is better than Lynch, but not worth a first. We need to be frugal with our draft picks. If that's the price for Ladhams, move on.

On the whole Hawthorn pulling out of the Ladhams trade.......was it at this point last year where we "pulled out" of the Tom Phillips trade?

Almost no mention of us this year. Is that because we are no longer the easy story for the media, change in coaching staff or we just not looking around for players, just picks?

On the whole Hawthorn pulling out of the Ladhams trade.......was it at this point last year where we "pulled out" of the Tom Phillips trade?

Yes, that is what I was thinking.

Collingwood were being too optimistic so we walked away.

Then, when reality set in for them, we got what we wanted at the price we wanted.

Personally, I am not keen on Ladhams. He wants to be a Ruck. What we need is a young Fwd / Ruck to partner Reeves.

However, I will trust the club to know more than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back