Event 2021 Trevor Barker Award - McKenzie, Steele & Sinclair steal the show

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate that the club and Steele probably have a very specific message to deliver to members but Steeley sounds like he's got a gun to his head delivering this :tearsofjoy:
Just a nervous public speaker. Actions speak louder than words for these Alpha's.

I think this is better than "here's 3 hours of waiting for food, eating food and generally mulling about" that occurs in person.
Surprised Hanners, Carlisle and Crouchy didn’t make an appearance

Snake having PTSD zooming in. Frought with danger that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a nervous public speaker. Actions speak louder than words for these Alpha's.
Thought he spoke fine, so lucky to have him at the club

Steele just embodies St.Kilda. Tough, no frills, heart on sleeve. Deserves a 2nd B&F. One more and he'll be amongst the dozen at the club to have ever done so.

He’s going to be as loved as Lenny.

Top 10 with where they came from:

Steele - 2016 trade with GWS
Sinclair - 2014 rookie draft pick 1
Membrey - 2014 delisted free agent
Wilkie - 2018 rookie draft pick 3
Crouch - 2020 free agent
Hill - 2019 trade with Fremantle
Ross - 2011 draft pick 25
Howard - 2019 trade with Port
Webster - 2011 draft pick 42
King - 2018 draft pick 4

A couple of interesting things there:

- Most of our top 10 weren't from the national draft.
- 5 of our top 10 were brought in during trade period.
- 5 of them joined the club in the last 3 years.

Highlights our years of poor drafting, I guess.

A really good top 10 this year, great to see the unsung heroes like Sinclair, Wilkie and Webster get rewarded for really good seasons (especially Sincs, he was a revelation this year).

We knew Steeley would win but still so glad to continue seeing him rack up accolades, he works so damn hard and just does all the little things right - the perfect leader. From the first game he played for us I knew he was a tough nut that would always try his guts out but wow 2x best and fairest and going for back-to-back brownlow podium finishes at this point, good effort if you bet on that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back