Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Scully looks a very likely type. Not sure if we would go down the key forward path but his contested marking and kicking for goal are the best in this draft.

He actually takes more contested marks than uncontested.

Has kicked 6.0, 7.0 and 7.2 this year that I know of.

Tom Scully looks a very likely type. Not sure if we would go down the key forward path but his contested marking and kicking for goal are the best in this draft.

Taking more contested than uncontested isn’t necessarily a good sign. Might mean he can’t get separation.

Scully has been out of favour after some poor form.

Not included in the SA U18 v U20 games or the current champs game today.

He's a likely type but he could slide big time.

he is basically 10cm+ taller in every game, players just kick it to him in the goal square and he outmarks guys who are approx 190cm and he is 204cm, since he has played against tougher competition he has really struggled, he has some skill, but put any real body pressure on him and those contested marks disappear, was easily beaten in the AFL Academy game where i think he went goaless and was beaten in the NSW/ACT game where he also went goaless, its only in the sanfl u18's where he is this unicorn that contested marks and goals at will, also people are unsure why he didnt get picked for the SA U18 v SA u20 game and kicked 2.3 at sanfl u18's level last week and now isnt picked for the 1st champs game, is he playing for a div 2 school team? sanfl u18's? injured? or dropped? no one is sure?

he is basically 10cm+ taller in every game, players just kick it to him in the goal square and he outmarks guys who are approx 190cm and he is 204cm, since he has played against tougher competition he has really struggled, he has some skill, but put any real body pressure on him and those contested marks disappear, was easily beaten in the AFL Academy game where i think he went goaless and was beaten in the NSW/ACT game where he also went goaless, its only in the sanfl u18's where he is this unicorn that contested marks and goals at will, also people are unsure why he didnt get picked for the SA U18 v SA u20 game and kicked 2.3 at sanfl u18's level last week and now isnt picked for the 1st champs game, is he playing for a div 2 school team? sanfl u18's? injured? or dropped? no one is sure?

Reckon that Scully will end up being a 2nd rounder mate ?

Reminds me too much of Liam McBean, who has been dominant at SANFL level but didn’t at AFL level. Wouldn’t risk it with an early pick.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

At the SA vs Allies game. Quick thoughts:

Keeler impressive without dominating.

McKercher impressive for allies, quick with a good foot.

Phillipou has great hands in tight.

Didn’t notice munkara but will pay more attention this quarter.

Foster is very athletic and took a good pack mark.

Bennier is one of my favourites, that I hope we look at, but has been quiet due to the ball being at the other end

Some half time thoughts at the SA v Allies game

Walter is a very solid kid - easily pushed off his opponent in front of where I am. Like an adult vs kid.

Rowston for GWS A is a likely type. Good overhead, can kick a goal from 50.

I thought lovelock was the dominant SA mid. Phillipou’s hands are very clean, but plays outside more than inside.

McKercher again impressive. Has poise, great kick, and quick.

It’s a cold, breezy day, which shouldn’t affect the game too much, but I’m not really seeing top 10 talent on display. I think back to rankine, JHF, Rozee who all showed a lot more natural talent for SA at these champs. Guess it is the first game, standard could keep improving. Let’s see how good the second half is…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back