Position 2022 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

FMJ0F5IVgAMd3BX

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A seagull like Lloyd (107 avg) or Hall (105 avg) is nice, but still doesn't compare to a defender that's actually a midfielder like Laird (116 avg)
Always pick good midfielders in other positions on field if possible. Shame laird doesn't have DPP anymore otherwise he'd one of the first picked; even at 600k+

15 Of The Most Tremendous Donald Trump Memes - Memebase - Funny Memes

Nobody cares about midfield time losers. This isn't 2008-2019 anymore.

It's full back kick ins or piss off.

Give me a seagull, who has no impact on the game whatsoever, who's team is down by 10 goals that keeps playing on and kicking it long to a 50/50 contest on the wing his team is going to inevitably lose anyway.

THAT is the kind of player you want. Why? Because that player gets Champion Data's chol hard.

Hall and Ziegull weren't good in 2021 because of MiDfIeLd TiMe, they were good because they are both scabs who had no impact on the result.

Untitled-design-2.jpg

There is an update on the role for Lachie Ash in 2022, a role in the midfield this season is again on the cards.

He was moved into the midfield in 2021, part of his role was to identify & run with specific opposition players.
It appears he will continue through the middle of the ground at some level in 2022, Phil Davis provided an update this week.

“Really love what Lachie Ash is doing,”

“I think he’s in really good shape.”

“Spending more time in the midfield which I think is really exciting.”

View attachment 1312444

giphy.gif

Soz, meant that. The move to the midfield was always what we wanted pre 2020, not sure now. I’d rather a half back these days.
Its hard to keep up these days and the early movers get a masive advantage.
Anyone who picks a starting team with the right set up to tickle CDs chol has an even bigger advantage.

Of course luck and mostly trading come into it but that starting structure is crutial.
Last year was the year to have s**t truck forwards who actually play defense for the same s**t truck team carry you to glory.

More seagulls this year I reckon. The hard to find gems will likely be something else this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its hard to keep up these days and the early movers get a masive advantage.
Anyone who picks a starting team with the right set up to tickle CDs chol has an even bigger advantage.

Of course luck and mostly trading come into it but that starting structure is crutial.
Last year was the year to have sh*t truck forwards who actually play defense for the same sh*t truck team carry you to glory.

More seagulls this year I reckon. The hard to find gems will likely be something else this year.
capture.gif

15 Of The Most Tremendous Donald Trump Memes - Memebase - Funny Memes

Nobody cares about midfield time losers. This isn't 2008-2019 anymore.

It's full back kick ins or piss off.

Give me a seagull, who has no impact on the game whatsoever, who's team is down by 10 goals that keeps playing on and kicking it long to a 50/50 contest on the wing his team is going to inevitably lose anyway.

THAT is the kind of player you want. Why? Because that player gets Champion Data's chol hard.

Hall and Ziegull weren't good in 2021 because of MiDfIeLd TiMe, they were good because they are both scabs who had no impact on the result.

Someone should change the name of this thread to 2022 Seagulls

Just having a quick look at players who changed to/from backline last year.

Laird 105 > 116
Mills 101 > 112
McDonald 95 > 68

Heppell 94 > 97
Hind 61 > 93
Impey 74 > 90
Hall 73 > 105
Ziebell 90 > 107
Dale 55 > 95

For players like Ziebell, Impey and Heppell who were injured I’ve gone their last fullish season.

I don’t think it’s as simple as someone going into the midfield means more points these days. Personally I’ll be looking more for the next Dale/Hall who is being sent to half back. If you can nail that pick it’s a massive headstart. Guess looking at those stats you could make a case either way.

Will Day anyone?

At worst he's going to average 85+ with his eyes closed. Priced at $350k.

Will Day anyone?

For me it'll all come down to backline rookie options. If we get some then Day will probably not be in my calculations. If rooks are scarce then he'll be a good chance

Will Day anyone?

New coach so we won't know his role and also injured twice last year for only 5 games. Still only played 16 career games he will be an excellent player but I wouldn't start him.

Like the Day pick screams D4 to me

Just can’t shake the Lloyd/Ridley/Whitfield/Sicily combo ats

Considering we'll be trying to squeeze in all of Sicily, Day, Jiath, Impey and Scrimshaw as intercept/rebound defenders, I wouldn't be surprised if Sicily's scoring was impacted. That gap between Sicily and Day could end up quite narrow and I'm certainly considering the latter, allowing a saving of $100k.

The practice games and Hawthorns intra-clubs could be telling when we see where everybody lines up.

Wasn't considering Tom Stewart due to the lengthy recovery times of Lisfranc injures, but apparently he is having a full preseason. Any word on how he's looking at preseason?

Wasn't considering Tom Stewart due to the lengthy recovery times of Lisfranc injures, but apparently he is having a full preseason. Any word on how he's looking at preseason?
I think clubs are having a hard time training atm due to covid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back