Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

There are multiple reasons the Jackjumpers are used as an example, one of the main ones is the way the team has embedded itself in the community and has the whole state onside.

I am a passionate Tasmanian and heavily involved in the basketball community here, there is a lot the AFL can learn from how they have set up here. Have recruited character first, had a strong back office who have sponsorship across the board.

There have been multiple business cases that support a AFL team being successful being here and the success of the Tasmanian Jackjumpers supports that case.

To be honest I along with a lot of other Tasmanians are sick of the AFL and are now at the point of saying Fk off, sick of empty promises, and sick of forking out millions of $'s to Hawthorn and North Melbourne to play here.

Heard the coach of the Jackjumpers today state how he tapped into the character and values of Tasmanians and it is has worked this includes working hard (they were the best defensive team in the league) and being hungry but humble. Something the AFL has not been.

Tasmanians have deserved better from the AFL for decades.

If you think the Jackjumpers example does not demonstrate / support how a AFL team would work you are wrong. Tasmania has also had the strongest economy in the country for the last 5 years but do not let facts get in the way.

'Not to mention the normal money involved in running an AFL club would totally eclipse the Jack Jumpers.' Yep but Tasmania has the economy to support a team and should and will stop throwing money down the drain to the AFL.
When your Premier turns off the $’s, when neither Hawthorn or North are earning that extra $5mill pa, when both of those two clubs then have to either sell into new crowded markets or lose on the stadium deals if played in Melbourne, when AFL support in Tas goes backwards, when the national broadcast rights decrease in value, you might get your team.
I hope this is sooner than later, because it might be a Pyrrhic victory for both your state, team and the AFL.

One day somebody’s really going to lose it.
A player, a spectator…somebody.
It‘ll be during a final, bookmark it.
Yep fancy umpires making mistakes. Never happened until this year. Did the ball miss the post in 2009? Social media really just makes things so much worse. Now we pick one decision and decide umpiring is stuffed. I’d suggest it has been a great umpired game with the normal 20% mistakes.

When your Premier turns off the $’s, when neither Hawthorn or North are earning that extra $5mill pa, when both of those two clubs then have to either sell into new crowded markets or lose on the stadium deals if played in Melbourne, when AFL support in Tas goes backwards, when the national broadcast rights decrease in value, you might get your team.
I hope this is sooner than later, because it might be a Pyrrhic victory for both your state, team and the AFL.
I won’t be popular. Think 18 sides is to many. Anymore is crazy but it will happen unfortunately we’ll for me.

Yep fancy umpires making mistakes. Never happened until this year. Did the ball miss the post in 2009? Social media really just makes things so much worse. Now we pick one decision and decide umpiring is stuffed. I’d suggest it has been a great umpired game with the normal 20% mistakes.
It wasn't a mistake it has been happening for weeks, obviously another great AFL directive to free kick when two players touch each other.
Hard to believe anyone would defend this, oh wait.....

Of course they make mistakes. As do players.

I’m just commenting on the rising discontent amongst supporters against what’s happening. Imagine the scenario of a final being lost due to a ridiculous dissent call.

Were you happy with the amount of free kicks given last round? With the whistle taking over the game?

Of course they make mistakes. As do players.

I’m just commenting on the rising discontent amongst supporters against what’s happening. Imagine the scenario of a final being lost due to a ridiculous dissent call.

Were you happy with the amount of free kicks given last round? With the whistle taking over the game?
No I wasn’t happy. They had 12 umpires out so half the squad were seconds umpires. They have no depth because less kids are umpiring because of social media and abuse at junior footy.
It wasn't a mistake it has been happening for weeks, obviously another great AFL directive to free kick when two players touch each other.
Hard to believe anyone would defend this, oh wait.....
So it was 100% no mistake? Looked like 100% mistake to me.

I won’t be popular. Think 18 sides is to many. Anymore is crazy but it will happen unfortunately we’ll for me.

Can't be the national game if you CBF with 1 state and 1 territory of people. hell, aFL was happy with Tassie even when their ground consisted of one stand and a trumpet for a siren, yet here places are with new beaut locations to support things, whoda thunk it.

Who will watch VFL standard with 600 frees a game and 7 000 at the game?

I will for one. This ping pong into half time powerspike and 60 frees per game is getting boring as batshit, let's get some people who actually love the game at the core level, get the local support who want to be there for those people and get some goddamn feel back into this soulless greedy monopoly bullshit the AFL is.

Can't be the national game if you CBF with 1 state and 1 territory of people. hell, aFL was happy with Tassie even when their ground consisted of one stand and a trumpet for a siren, yet here places are with new beaut locations to support things, whoda thunk it.

I will for one. This ping pong into half time powerspike and 60 frees per game is getting boring as batshit, let's get some people who actually love the game at the core level, get the local support who want to be there for those people and get some goddamn feel back into this soulless greedy monopoly bullshit the AFL is.
I’d rather a good game than a poor national game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50 meters everyday of the week LOL

Yep and you know what. Both great games. Maybe the problem is less frees stuffs up the game.
Both horrible games destroyed as a spectacle.

Now they won't give a free kick 50 after it is kicked away.

Hilariously bad.

Brad Scott you have created this utter bullshit.

They just make it up.

Hilarious again leads with the head, free kick. Umpiring is hilariously bad.

No a direct push in the back and they are too scared to pay it.

Really excellent standard umpires.
Mistakes? Never seen them before. No idea how people could watch it like that. Looked like a great game and excellent umpiring summed up by an excellent last decision

N
50 meters everyday of the week LOL
never a 50. Great decision. Common sense but let’s whinge like little children but don’t change anything with trying to get more umpires. Just whinge.
Both horrible games destroyed as a spectacle.

Now they won't give a free kick 50 after it is kicked away.

Hilariously bad.

Brad Scott you have created this utter bullshit.

They just make it up.

That will be a 50 50 call for ages. I agree with the umpire, common sense to not give 50. The rule of giving 50 for stuff like that is because it slows the game down for defenders to get back but the siren had already gone so it wouldn’t have affected the next play whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nawwww Tiggies having a cry.

Also, ump couldn't exactly hear his headset properly with all the noise and peopel expect a player practically on the line to hear a whistle knowing that there's not much time left in the match what that whistle was regarding with his back to said whistle.

There's a bit of bullshit floating around about unrealistic expectations. I blame BT crapping on about it on commentary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back