List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

The idea has been floated on here before and has been shot down but the club should consider allocating some of Brayshaw's midfield minutes to the wing. If you think about it his strengths aren't contested possessions but his two way running, disposal accumulation and defensive acts. He should split the time with Erasmus who's main strength is contested possessions which would accelerate his development and partially solve our winger problem. I think it is worth experimenting with because a combo of Ras and Brodie could be deadly.
Agree.

Brayshaw real weapon is getting to contests around the ground.

He doesn't need to start in the middle to do that.

Also, there is talk of Jackson playing wing as well.

Just an idea, start Jackson or Brayshaw on wing and allow them to run to the contests. Then get a high forward like Frederick to keep the width.

Might be 29 with a swap of futures.

He doesn’t want to be at freo, move him on

Him not wanting to be at Freo really showed this season didn’t it?

Tbh I think the extra season of Rory Lobb and getting say a future 3rd rounder next year is worth more to us than Pick 29.

He stays and plays a similar level of footy for us this year it’s not impossible we improve enough to be in premiership contention. Then he leaves when Fyfe, Walters and Hamling come out of contract. Even if they all stay that’s a ****tonne of extra money to throw at a KPF. That’s if we even need one after Amiss and Treacy have spent another year in the system.

I’m suggesting he’s worth a look as a free swing, low $ option. I’m not suggesting he walks into our best 22.

I'm ok with picking him up for nothing, I want to know where you see him offering something for the $100,000 we would pay him.

I don't think he is a forward and I think he would be behind maybe eight other choices for a midfield spot - unless he wants to play wing but Geelong seem to think he has half a game of effort in him.

Remember a fair few people in here saying the same about Clark being a spud too. The reality is Fremantle need mature age players and Narkle is worth a shot. His best is pretty damn good

I said the Clark trade would turn out to be unders last year actually…

And I’m also saying there’s much better players we can pick up than Narkle.

Him not wanting to be at Freo really showed this season didn’t it?

Tbh I think the extra season of Rory Lobb and getting say a future 3rd rounder next year is worth more to us than Pick 29.

He stays and plays a similar level of footy for us this year it’s not impossible we improve enough to be in premiership contention. Then he leaves when Fyfe, Walters and Hamling come out of contract. Even if they all stay that’s a ****tonne of extra money to throw at a KPF. That’s if we even need one after Amiss and Treacy have spent another year in the system.
Actually.

Not sure why people don't understand that.

I'm ok with picking him up for nothing, I want to know where you see him offering something for the $100,000 we would pay him.

I don't think he is a forward and I think he would be behind maybe eight other choices for a midfield spot - unless he wants to play wing but Geelong seem to think he has half a game of effort in him.

I’m interested in the 8 midfielders ahead of him!

Realistically we have Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie as our main mids. We’ve lost Mundy.

I’d love to see Erasmus in the middle more.

After that it’s throwing magnets around.

Sure Aish could play a role in the midfield, maybe Switkowski for speed.

Narkle is a midfielder. We’re not exactly deep in our midfield. Even depth like Tucker and Blakely have gone.

I’m interested in the 8 midfielders ahead of him!

Realistically we have Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie as our main mids. We’ve lost Mundy.

I’d love to see Erasmus in the middle more.

After that it’s throwing magnets around.

Sure Aish could play a role in the midfield, maybe Switkowski for speed.

Narkle is a midfielder. We’re not exactly deep in our midfield. Even depth like Tucker and Blakely have gone.

You forgot a two time Brownlow Medalist.

NOD has played inside mid at lower levels and is certainly big enough to do it.

Johnson is also an inside mid. He can just play wing as well.

There’s Crowden too if we keep which I reckon we do now he’s survived the cuts.

Playing Narkle as a inside mid would be like playing Liam Henry there. Pretty similar player just with way worse skills.

It’s my opinion they’ll be better players available as delisted free agents and also better mature agers in the state leagues.

Because he probably kicks up a stink this year… get his money off the books. Play Jackson Tabnerner & amiss.
Not in his interest to act up.

He will 30 next year and if he does a stinker he won't get a big pay day.

If he plays awesome, teams will throw money at him.

Tabs body isn't reliable, Jackson is not a great forward and Amiss is too young to carry such a load.

I said the Clark trade would turn out to be unders last year actually…

And I’m also saying there’s much better players we can pick up than Narkle.

Of course there’s better players than Narkle.

However, everyone seems to be missing the point.

Please tell me your top 3 DFA that we could go for that
A) would come to us. WA types seem logical hence me suggesting Narkle.
B) have sat behind sides with large depth
C) fit an age profile our club would consider. 24 is right in the correct age bracket.

The whole point of Narkle is he’s a free hit. I could’ve said Deven Robertson, but he’s not a delisted free agent.

He’ll I could’ve said Hunter Clark!

Let me know your top 3 bang for buck options.

Narkle is as no brainer as it gets if we target a DFA mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot a two time Brownlow Medalist.

NOD has played inside mid at lower levels and is certainly big enough to do it.

Johnson is also an inside mid. He can just play wing as well.

There’s Crowden too if we keep which I reckon we do now he’s survived the cuts.

Playing Narkle as a inside mid would be like playing Liam Henry there. Pretty similar player just with way worse skills.

It’s my opinion they’ll be better players available as delisted free agents and also better mature agers in the state leagues.

Narkle is literally nothing like Henry…

Not in his interest to act up.

He will 30 next year and if he does a stinker he won't get a big pay day.

If he plays awesome, teams will throw money at him.

Tabs body isn't reliable, Jackson is not a great forward and Amiss is too young to carry such a load.
He’ll find a club next year, no one is giving him a big pay day at 31..

He wants to live in Melbourne. It will get done

C) fit an age profile our club would consider. 24 is right in the correct age bracket.

The whole point of Narkle is he’s a free hit. I could’ve said Deven Robertson, but he’s not a delisted free agent.

If Lobb, Logue and Meek leave, it would be better to get a tall DFA than a Narkle.

I meant they’ll be better players available as Delisted Free Agents or late in the draft.

It’s pointless asking me now who the best DFAs are. Most clubs will be delisting more players from this point on. Many of the better DFAs won’t be delisted until after trade period. I’ll have a look and answer your question in another post though.

Besides they say you need 30 AFL standard players to win a flag. We have at least 2-3 options from outside the best 22 that can play inside mid. Some people on here act like we need 40/42 players on our list to be AFL ready or we’ll miss the eight. We’ll be fine.

Then he would be cutting his nose to spite his face because no one will be interested in giving him a new contract.
Lobb being at Freo next year would be a disaster - we only need players at the club (except for obvious reasons Fyfe & Walters) who will be there 2024-26.

I meant they’ll be better players available as Delisted Free Agents or late in the draft.

It’s pointless asking me now who the best DFAs are. Most clubs will be delisting more players from this point on. Many of the better DFAs won’t be delisted until after trade period. I’ll have a look and answer your question in another post though.

Besides they say you need 30 AFL standard players to win a flag. We have at least 2-3 options from outside the best 22 that can play inside mid. Some people on here act like we need 40/42 players on our list to be AFL ready or we’ll miss the eight. We’ll be fine.

LOL. I’m literally saying Narkle is a free hit… as in it wouldn’t matter if he played Peel, but he can play AFL.

We can create a squad that isn’t just 18 year olds through picks past 50.

Once again, as a DFA he seems a no brainer. I know I asked for 3 but just give me 1 other current DFA that we could target?

If Lobb, Logue and Meek leave, it would be better to get a tall DFA than a Narkle.

Things may change but at this stage I don’t any talls that we’re delisted this year I think would offer enough for me to want to pick them up as a DFA.

At the very least I’d rather see us look to see what mature agers are available at our draft picks rather than going for players we know are nothing more than list cloggers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back