Training 2022 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Used to go to the footy with a guy called Heath, became a pro wrestler in the US, he was a bit mental.
Don't know how far you go back but when I was a kid in the 60's growing up in East StKilda I lived next door to a wrestler
as in Channel 9 World Championship Wrestling (Jack Little). Wrestler's name was Peter Spence. He wasn't much good.
Sometimes a good guy, sometimes a bad guy. It was fun to see him on TV getting smashed up by the likes of Killer Karl Kox, Mario Milano (the original Italian Stallion – real name Mario Bulfone), Spiros Arion and Abdullah The Butcher. And then see him walking around the next day like nothing had happened.
He admitted it was BS - said it was art/dancing......in retrospect he he may have been a bit weird a la David Lynch.

Last edited:
Don't know how far you go back but when I was a kid in the 60's growing up in East StKilda I lived next door to a wrestler
as in Channel 9 World Championship Wrestling (Jack Little). Wrestler's name was Peter Spence. He wasn't much good.
Sometimes a good guy, sometimes a bad guy. It was fun to see him on TV getting smashed up by the likes of Killer Karl Kox, Mario Milano (the original Italian Stallion – real name Mario Bulfone), Spiros Arion and Abdullah The Butcher.
Skull Murphy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the gallery, who's the bloke in the background of photo #11 (Marshall tackling Peris)?
Campbell, Hayes...? Can't place him

wZ7wAER.jpg

Looks like Jack Hayes.

The common thing with Geelong, Richmond and now Melbourne, is that they were all under-achieving at some point, and in each case, the presidents and boards said enough is enough and basically set the bar higher for their football and business departments. I saw some of it from people I knew at Geelong back in the 2000s as they were about to climb up and win a flag. Nobody was spared scrutiny no matter who you were. Success is driven from the top, and we need to see it in bags at the Saints.
Could also add that there was an emphasis on having a gun deep midfield …Something we seem to ignore over the last 10 years.

A lot of the players look very lean. Whether that's a good thing or not we will find out but the players have trimmed down.
Definitely looks like they're going for speed rather than strength at the moment.

With the new rules being really strict about holding the ball, it's not going to matter much if you can stand up in a tackle or not, it's going to be far more productive to evade the tackle initially.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back