Game Day 2022 SC Round 1 - Let's Get Ready To Ramble

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year where we're about to hit crazy season on the board.

In order to keep some order around the place, I've locked all threads except the standard ones that we have during the season - refer #5. Will leave the rate my preseason thread going until final lockout.

Any new threads that don't fit in to the standard structure will likely end up merged with either an existing suitable thread, or the General Chat thread as a catch-all.

Good luck to everyone - this is one of the toughest years to pick a starting side that I can remember.

None of those 3 will be dropped for Ryder

A dozen other spuds to choose from first
Hahaha true, but the talls played well. They’d have to completely change their structure.
I wouldn’t be against dropping Wood and going overly tall!
Daicos is going to be ridiculous, what a gun!

Are we still dismissing this is the year of the mid-pricer?

Cripps
Hewett
Cerra (? $)
Lipinski
Gresham
De Goey

Good start so far

Next up

Rowell
Berry
Caldwell
Coniglio

Go you good things
There's a heap of players you can make a genuine case for, club change, role change, finally fit... there's less flash-in-the-pan, preseason bolter type, "training the house down" stories

keepers:
-Cripps - has averaged 120 in the past, looks fit and moving well
-Hewett - moved club for a permanent midfield role
-Lipinski - high endurance, one of the best kicks in the AFL, almost 24 years old, was behind some of the best midfielders in the competition, moved club for a permanent midfield role
-De Goey - averaged 110 after the midfield time increased last year, outside of one night club incident, had a great preseason
-Rowell - the 2nd coming of GAJ, has shown high scoring at AFL level, finally fit
-Cogs - has averaged 100+ several times, finally fit

sceptical about their keeper status:
-Cerra - still quiet pricey for a midfield spot, especially with so many other bargain options
-Gresham - will his midfield minutes drop once Clark and Jones return?
-Berry - was the almost 100 average in 2020 covid shorter quarters/scaling effected?
-Caldwell - will get midfield time, but will he get enough? if not, can he average well enough when playing that hhf role?

there's a heap more:
-Neale, we paid $550k for a recent Brownlow medallist whose averaged 120+ a couple of times, finally fit
-Butters and Heeney, who are finally fit and will get more time on-ball
-Whitfield is also worth a mention as he's averaged 110 in the past
-English was cheap, touted for more pure ruck time, and has averaged 100 in the past
-Thomas and Bailey are other options, more midfield time, and they're genuine x-factor star players that kick important goals

Definitely the year of the value pick, especially as we had to spend so much on cash cows.

Couldn't bring myself to pick Crippla. Well done
Berry M6, Caldwell M7, Daicos M8 (Ward, Mead, the Hoff).
You couldn't find room for JHF

My midfield is very value based and thin:
M3 Crippa
M4 Rowell
M5 Caldwell
M6-M8 JHF Daicos Ward

You couldn't find room for JHF

My midfield is very value based and thin:
M3 Crippa
M4 Rowell
M5 Caldwell
M6-M8 JHF Daicos Ward
Happy to wait and see with JHF. I wanted both Berry and Caldwell and if either under-perform it's easy to drop down to JHF if he proves himself a must have

I feel like a crack addict seeing JHayes 127 with the E on my forward bench. I've been telling people to take 30 green dots, promised myself I would do it, yet here I am, tempted to bring a donut in. Bloody hell I got a problem. At least I can admit it, right?

giphy.gif

I feel like a crack addict seeing JHayes 127 with the E on my forward bench. I've been telling people to take 30 green dots, promised myself I would do it, yet here I am, tempted to bring a donut in. Bloody hell I got a problem. At least I can admit it, right?

giphy.gif

200.webp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif
I'm doing it as well mate. Just need to work out who the best donut is.. any advice?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

giphy.gif
its not worth it. if the leagues seasons had started and we were vsing someone going for 4 points id be all for it. but this is essentially warm up round. dont blow a trade and cash cow so early. ask the gulden loop owners from last year how that went for them

its not worth it. if the leagues seasons had started and we were vsing someone going for 4 points id be all for it. but this is essentially warm up round. dont blow a trade and cash cow so early. ask the gulden loop owners from last year how that went for them
I did the Gulden loop last year and ended up with a career best finish. The issue last year was that I took a perma donut. I wish I got a player who was touted to get some games, could have helped me down the track.

The other bonus for me is this: I drop an expensive cash cow, bank the cash, which will allow me to grab somebody like Pat Lippa in rd3 if he backs up his 130 score (which I think he will).

I'm doing it as well mate. Just need to work out who the best donut is.. any advice?

No perma donut for me, I'll have rookies getting dropped left right and centre.

I'm looking at a player that should get games at some stage. Has to be FWD eligible, and DPP would be preferable. Looking at Pedlar and Ned Long.

No trade blown. It's only having a donut for minimum this week. Plus I have Pruess at r3 so it gives me a loop option next week.

I'm looking at a player that should get games at some stage. Has to be FWD eligible, and DPP would be preferable. Looking at Pedlar and Ned Long.
Are you convinced Hayes stays in the team long term? The immediate point boost is nice, but my worry is that they need Ryder in the ruck and I doubt they want to play 4 tallish players in Hayes/Marshall/King and Membrey in the FWD line.

Can see Hayes making cash long term but it could be a very slow burn if he's in/out around Ryder, and then you have 2 potential donuts in FWD/Ruck when there's other options in those lines that could maker quick cash.

Yer that is what I am saying. I'm looking for someone who will be playing soon. Skinner is the one I'm leaning towards as he is an emergency so might not be far off. Also has DP with SDK and PMac he could be the best option.

Are you convinced Hayes stays in the team long term? The immediate point boost is nice, but my worry is that they need Ryder in the ruck and I doubt they want to play 4 tallish players in Hayes/Marshall/King and Membrey in the FWD line.

Can see Hayes making cash long term but it could be a very slow burn if he's in/out around Ryder, and then you have 2 potential donuts in FWD/Ruck when there's other options in those lines that could maker quick cash.
You see the performance last night? He's getting games

I've got Cogs at F4, unlike many with him at F3. So I reckon I got enough cover in the forward line. I'll also have Brodie in the middle to swing up if s**t hits the fan.

arnt you worried about losing potential downgrade options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back