List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it as Atu and Turner and a smattering of rookies.
Hall could, we seem to play him as soon as he's available. I assume Al doesn't want a 3 win season in 2023. If we feel we lack mature bodies, why would we delist more?

So who we delisting? thoughts?

Hall could, we seem to play him as soon as he's available. I assume Al doesn't want a 3 win season in 2023. If we feel we lack mature bodies, why would we delist more?

Atu, Turner, Both Walkers, Kyron and Polec if funds allow.
Those are the obvious ones IMO.

Turner
Atu
J Walker
Hall
P Walker
Hayden

Interesting that some * campaigner retired with a year to go on his contract. I wonder if Polec or Jack may do the same. Not saying they should, we contract them, they have every right to stick it out. Just wondering is all.

The point I was trying to make (badly) was that our system of development has been s**t for years and needs whatever leg up we can get.

It's not really up for debate, imo.
Well I guess it is up for debate, because there are plenty of well informed people who disagree, and that the biggest problem, for various good and bad reasons, is the lack of draft capital we’ve had, not our ability to develop relative to expectations for the picks we’ve used.

I think if Hally was to do another major soft tissue injury in the last two rounds they may think twice, otherwise, he gets another year. Josh Walker may get retained in the Tom Campbell type role to only come in if Buckets goes down.

Delistings I would think are going to be:

Turner
P Walker
M McGuiness
Hayden
Attu

I think if Hally was to do another major soft tissue injury in the last two rounds they may think twice, otherwise, he gets another year. Josh Walker may get retained in the Tom Campbell type role to only come in if Buckets goes down.

Delistings I would think are going to be:

Turner
P Walker
M McGuiness
Hayden
Attu
Reckon the club will keep mcguiness at cat b if the league allows it. Someone said they made it 4 years max instead of the 3 that it used to be. The position is outside the list available list spots so why not have another body in the VFL.

Reckon the club will keep mcguiness at cat b if the league allows it. Someone said they made it 4 years max instead of the 3 that it used to be. The position is outside the list available list spots so why not have another body in the VFL.
If it is outside the list but can still be picked. He seems to have made strides in the VFL this year without ever really threatening senior selection. If he can add 5 to 8 kg of muscle in the next 6 months then that would be significant.

Polec is injured or whatever, and it's amazing he was hailed as a great FA recruit at the time.

It was always a shockingly bad decision and frankly put us back a bit (always a cat, always not to be relied upon at any club or position ever)

The fact we have this guy on our books for another season says basically everything about "unacceptable list management".
I’m tipping he makes a miraculous recovery & comeback under Clarko in 2023 ?!!!
71D61B69-E109-4457-8777-F36326C12654.gif

Well I guess it is up for debate, because there are plenty of well informed people who disagree, and that the biggest problem, for various good and bad reasons, is the lack of draft capital we’ve had, not our ability to develop relative to expectations for the picks we’ve used.
Well, we're all guessing aren't we, given none of us are involved intimately at club level?

The lack of draft capital is a valid opinion, but as with all views expressed on this board, it's nothing more or less than opinion. I dunno, as I haven't forensically analysed 17 other teams to make a totally informed appraisal. Tbh, I'm not that interested being a mug punter talking s**t on a discussion board 'n all.

Last edited:
listened to a few radio shows today, and it got me thinking about how many first-round draft picks will we have this year?

I heard we are getting 1 or 2 Priority picks
and Cam was moving to the *
and CT is going somewhere
and TT to Sydney
oh and we can't handle a 19-year-old kid, that we took with the #1 pick last year, so may as well trade him back to SA

along with us having either pick 1 or 2 in the bag

is that 8 first-rounders we are getting? maybe reaching with CT, so let's say 7 first-rounders and a second-rounder

almost forgot the ;)

Last edited:
What would Hayden McLean be worth, as a trade target? Would he be a good fit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it true Josh Walker has triggered another year on the primary list for 2023?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As depth I don’t have any real concerns tbh

listened to a few radio shows today, and it got me thinking about how many first-round draft picks will we have this year?

and TT to Sydney
oh and we can't handle a 19-year-old kid, that we took with the #1 pick last year, so may as well trade him back to SA

is that 8 first-rounders we are getting? maybe reaching with CT, so let's say 7 first-rounders and a second-rounder

almost forgot the ;)
18 first rounders this year

and TT to Sydney

almost forgot the ;)
Worst case scenario I could live with that. At least a couple of them will probably happen.

Turner
Atu
J Walker
Hall
P Walker
Hayden

Interesting that some * campaigner retired with a year to go on his contract. I wonder if Polec or Jack may do the same. Not saying they should, we contract them, they have every right to stick it out. Just wondering is all.

If it is possible I’d bring as much of their Salary forward and pay out whatever is left from next year.
Part ways on mutual terms with both. Jack to have some role with the club should he want it and access to the facilities to rehab his shoulder if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back