List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

Does not solve any of our issues. Stat padder, 0 run, 0 defensive game.

Can’t get a game for a club not that better than us

Last thing we need
His best footy with a good run at it is AA quality. Good accumulator and connector between d50 and f50.

His best footy with a good run at it is AA quality. Good accumulator and connector between d50 and f50.
5 years ago, hasn’t got anywhere near that standard for a while now

Matt Crouch can't kick and doesn't hit the scoreboard. He's the opposite of what you want as a modern midfielder.

Matt Crouch can't kick and doesn't hit the scoreboard. He's the opposite of what you want as a modern midfielder.

Adding him alongside Jed and Greenwood.. yikes. We want our ball use to be better through the middle. Not worse.

You just potted three that are rated around here, goodness me man.

I hope we trade two of them and the other can play VFL.
Taylor is up against other better options for a HF role. And I think Ford would be a better fit and currently can't get a game.
You slightly misunderstand. I rated Walker last year, but he hasn’t come on (too timid and uncontested).Taylor is a half forward that is having an honest crack, but is better suited to half forward. For Scott, when I use the term b-grader, I mean it in a positive sense. We could do with a few more b-graders.

You slightly misunderstand. I rated Walker last year, but he hasn’t come on (too timid and uncontested).Taylor is a half forward that is having an honest crack, but is better suited to half forward. For Scott, when I use the term b-grader, I mean it in a positive sense. We could do with a few more b-graders.
Oh I understood and you're 100% correct all are limited and thus make your ladder positioning limited or capped if you will.

Sooner all 3 are gone the better we will be. I rate Perez as the type of B-grader we need.

Matt Crouch anyone?
For nothing it seems.
I reckon he is a crab tbh.
knife crab GIF

Anyone given any thought that should Clarkson come on board we suddenly could look attractive to Angus brayshaw and or de goey? Clarko is very close to mark brayshaw , we obviously have cap space as well. And while I still have question marks on the Collingwood bloke I don’t have any questions on his talent nor of the fact that if anyone can harness the dickhead factor it’s Clarkson

Anyone given any thought that should Clarkson come on board we suddenly could look attractive to Angus brayshaw and or de goey? Clarko is very close to mark brayshaw , we obviously have cap space as well. And while I still have question marks on the Collingwood bloke I don’t have any questions on his talent nor of the fact that if anyone can harness the dickhead factor it’s Clarkson
Maybe that’s what brayshaw is waiting for 🧐

Still would be a good get at Pick 55+...if he's still in contract and Adelaide want to get rid of him..

Looking attractive to de Goey never works out for either party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still would be a good get at Pick 55+...if he's still in contract and Adelaide want to get rid of him..

With another early draft pick and a healthy Cunnington and Phillips, you would expect Greenwood and Jed Anderson to already be playing VFL next year.

I doubt Crouch would be happy leaving one rebuilding club only to move to another state and play reserves footy?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree with both aspects, however, If Brayshaw leaves it will be to play more pure midfield minutes. Can we really guarantee that in 2 or 3 years with the likes of Cunners, Simpkin, LDU, JHF, Phillips, Powell, this years #1 pick?

In terms of De Goey, would be more likely to join than Brayshaw in my opinion, but would most likely be dependant on whether Zurhaar stays or goes? I think Zurhaar, TT, Paul Curtis, Curtis Taylor could provide a similar output within a couple more years for half the $$$?

With another early draft pick and a healthy Cunnington and Phillips, you would expect Greenwood and Jed Anderson to already be playing VFL next year.

I doubt Crouch would be happy leaving one rebuilding club only to move to another state and play reserves footy?

Didn't he come from Ballarat so technically he would be coming home...as for playing reserves l think that midfield spots will be open to those that show the best under Clarkson and its for others to take the spot from them. He has the experience, is in the right age bracket and gets the ball to command being a pick for the midfield position. Also won't cost us much..

I see no reason why Jed Anderson cannot maintain his form/fitness to stay in the AFL next year regardless of Cunnington and Phillips returning.

I see no reason why Jed Anderson cannot maintain his form/fitness to stay in the AFL next year regardless of Cunnington and Phillips returning.
Absolutely. Jed is tackling machine, see ball get ball hombre. Even if he was pushed out of the midfield there would be a spot for him elsewhere.. the defensive fwd would suitable.

Matt Crouch will be playing state league footy next year if he doesn’t find a job outside footy.

Sooner just take a kid at 55 crouch wouldn’t come in cheaply and won’t (or at least shouldn’t) displace a full strength midfield nor does he represent an upgrade, just simply pointless. If we recruit any mature mids it should be a winger with good ball skills and a tank.

Crouch doesn’t tick those boxes

I agree that Anderson is valuable and am in no way discrediting him as a player, but you would like to think that our kids should be going past him and Greenwood by the back end of next year?

Add Comben, Larkey, Cunnington, Phillips, TT into last weeks side for round 1 next year and spots are limited?

Who would Anderson be playing in front of? If he is a half forward does he play in front of TT, Paul Curtis, Zurhaar, Curtis Taylor, Ziebell?

If he is a mid does he play in front of LDU, Cunners, Simpkin, Powell, Phillips, JHF, future #1 draft pick?

I definitely want to keep Anderson and see his value as a stronger body in the midfield and to round out the squad, but purely think that if our development continues in the right trajectory than he shouldn’t be in our best 22 in 12 months or it’s a worry?

If he is starting 22 and we have players in their 3rd or 4th year running around in the VFL then I don’t think that is positive situation in regards to our rebuild?

In saying this, our first year kids next year desperately need senior bodies like his leading the way in the VFL, putting pressure on spots and providing insurance should players become unavailable like what happened with Phillips and Cunners this year.

I think Anderson deserves another 2 year deal and hope he stays.

I agree that Anderson is valuable and am in no way discrediting him as a player, but you would like to think that our kids should be going past him and Greenwood by the back end of next year?

Add Comben, Larkey, Cunnington, Phillips, TT into last weeks side for round 1 next year and spots are limited?

Who would Anderson be playing in front of? If he is a half forward does he play in front of TT, Paul Curtis, Zurhaar, Curtis Taylor, Ziebell?

If he is a mid does he play in front of LDU, Cunners, Simpkin, Powell, Phillips, JHF, future #1 draft pick?

Does he play in front of:

As a forward:

TT? Yes
Curtis? No
Zurhaar? No
Taylor? Yes
Ziebell? Yes

As a mid:
LDU? No
Cunners? No
Simpkin? No
JHF? Probably
Powell? Yes
Phillips? Yes
No.1 draft pick? Yes

Matt Crouch will be playing state league footy next year if he doesn’t find a job outside footy.

He’s far, far above SANFL level, it’s just we don’t want to play 3 players in the same team with similar attributes in Laird/Keays/Crouch, and admittedly Laird/Keays are a bit better defensively than Crouch

Sooner just take a kid at 55 crouch wouldn’t come in cheaply and won’t (or at least shouldn’t) displace a full strength midfield nor does he represent an upgrade, just simply pointless. If we recruit any mature mids it should be a winger with good ball skills and a tank.

Crouch doesn’t tick those boxes

Crows are likely struggling to pay the 95% minimum salary cap at this stage, so my guess is that we’ll offer to pay the entirety of his next years salary to a club that will take him, in return for a better draft pick.
Clubs with cap issues and a need for a serviceable, albeit not very flash, inside mid will look to grab him, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back