Fixture 2023 Fixture - Round 16-23 confirmed

Which teams do you want to play twice?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

NOT v Geelong @ the most advantageous ground in the league. The only ground played for points that a single team has exclusive training rights to, with nowhere enough seats for their members alone to sit in, not to mention oppo supporters. GAGF GeeeLong

Or Seedknee for that matter.....
Have played them here every year since 2018, apart from 2020, where we were fixtures to do so before COVID happened

Interesting droughts:

1. Haven't played West Coast in Melbourne since 2017, or twice since 2011
2. Haven't played Melbourne twice since 2005
3. Haven't played Adelaide or Carlton twice since 2017
4. Haven't played the Bulldogs twice since 2014

Will be interesting to see which, if any, of these break this year.

Last edited:
Interesting droughts:

1. Haven't played West Coast in Melbourne since 2017, or twice since 2011
2. Haven't played Melbourne twice since 2005
3. Haven't played Adelaide or Carlton twice since 2017
4. Haven't played the Bulldogs twice since 2014

Will be interesting to see which, if any, of these break this year.
Haven’t played Geelong twice since 2016 is another.

The Melbourne one, though, is insane.

We went 11 years without playing North twice from 2001 to 2012 and I remember the Dogs and Carlton were on a really long drought of about 15 years until a few years ago, but the Melbourne/Essendon one would be the longest one ever between two sides.

With Hawkins set to miss the early rounds next year due to foot surgery, perhaps Tom Hickey will be hoping for a round 1 grand final rematch.

From an Essendon perspective, more Friday night and Saturday afternoon matches will be good, although that will depend largely on how the team performs if the AFL continues with the floating fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an Essendon perspective, more Friday night and Saturday afternoon matches will be good, although that will depend largely on how the team performs if the AFL continues with the floating fixture.
I don't think they are. I think we're going to have a few Sunday 4:40 matches.

I think I read they were doing 2/3rds of the season fixed but leaving the back third floating. Something to that effect anyway.

If true then the first two thirds of the season will likely consist of a lot of early/twilight Sunday games. And if Essendon is top eight or at least is in finals contention when the games are fixed for the final third of the season, perhaps some Friday night games will be scheduled.

Presumably ANZAC day is Round 6, after Magic Round in Round 5. It's supposed to be additional to the 22 existing games, in lieu of one of the two pre-season scratch games we've had the last few years. Which also means we have 6 double-ups instead of 5.

eth-dog any idea how an extra double-up might work out with top/middle/bottom 6 allocations?

Ralph Wiggum Trance GIF by MOODMAN

Magic round eh?

Presumably ANZAC day is Round 6, after Magic Round in Round 5. It's supposed to be additional to the 22 existing games, in lieu of one of the two pre-season scratch games we've had the last few years. Which also means we have 6 double-ups instead of 5.

eth-dog any idea how an extra double-up might work out with top/middle/bottom 6 allocations?

Clubs will still want to have 2 scratch matches, they’ll just organize them at an earlier date

Not sure, sorry

Back