Training 2023 pre-season

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok I don't know if your being serious or not about Olympics 🤣🤣

Great point about the support he will get rather then me sitting on the couch and eating Ice cream and smoking menthols because of a sore throat 😆
Hey it’s that guy from Twitter ;)

Ok I don't know if your being serious or not about Olympics 🤣🤣

Great point about the support he will get rather then me sitting on the couch and eating Ice cream and smoking menthols because of a sore throat 😆

Serious 😅

Put me back years sadly (but fitter than I ever have been before).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only concern with gould or francis, can they replace the play making and drive we get from blakey? Launching from hb is crucial in our gameplan
Fair call.. I guess we dont really know. Neither Gould or Francis has the speed of Blakey, but we do know Gould is an excellent (and looong) kick.
Florent can still provide good run and Lloyd has being doing a decent job of setting up the play off half back for 5+ years.

My only concern with gould or francis, can they replace the play making and drive we get from blakey? Launching from hb is crucial in our gameplan
Move Rampe to do some play making and let them focus on defending

Did your nephew get a run yesterday rustycrate ?
No. He didn't play. Apparently he is out at Homebush as we speak doing the yearly Academy testing. There are about 40 players in the U18 squad. This is part of the Academy program and his results will be compared to last year's results. I. Kirk is there today too as he is not part of the VFL but only part of the Academy. Apparently 4x19 year old players are eligible for the Academy(I am told) but only two can play on any given day(last year it was 6 ie a COVID hangover). Hamish will be eligible for the Academy team if he does not play for the VFL team. I think he is the youngest player in the VFL team so I not sure whether he is going to get VFL games early.

Do we even know Blakey and Mccartin are out

They said very mild for Blakey

both still have a month
Not yet no.
Do we even know Blakey and Mccartin are out

They said very mild for Blakey

both still have a month
No not yet. All we’ve been told (as far as I know) is that Blakey will have three weeks off and then return to training. Still a chance for round one but depends how he bounces back, probably unlikely. McCartin there has been no official word, only some talk about him leaving the field with what appeared to be a hammy concern yesterday. As you said round one is still five weeks away.

Glandular fever is not great, I wouldn't expect blakey back in the first month of the season at least.

I'd move jmac to hb and Campbell onto a wing
I'm far from across it but I've heard people mention Campbell needs to work on his tank. If true you would think wing would be out, but I love him fwd of centre are around the ball. His just so clean and hunts and gathers loose balls so well!

I'm far from across it but I've heard people mention Campbell needs to work on his tank. If true you would think wing would be out, but I love him fwd of centre are around the ball. His just so clean and hunts and gathers loose balls so well!
I think he would be well suited to Gulden's HFF pushing up role

Yeah thats a pretty poor take mate, you really shouldn't elevate or lower someone on the back of people's comments on training standards imo. There's so much that goes on we or anyone would have little to no idea about. Such as injuries or loadings or directives let alone the amount of training that goes on that no one outside the club has access to.

Then my biggest bug bare with your take is that because McLean went on the trip his more invested in the club then Joel or anyone else that didn't go for that matter. Mayby it was limited spots, mayby he had family stuff organised mayby he was doing his own initiatives mayby he was training mayby he was enjoying his right to time off before what could be a life changing year for him and wants to go in fresh who knows! Not us that's for dam sure!

Guys do charity work that we have no idea about, for example if it wasn't for Cunningham being named as a finalists for the Jim Stynes community leadership award I would have had no idea he was so involved with redkite and that a finalists!

Usually see eye to eye on things over on Twitter but defiently have to agree to disagree on that one!
Amartey is recovering from injury so would be on a rehab program. He would have had to stay in town to go through the program with our physio staff

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need an extractor at stoppages. With respect, Parker, Rowy and Warner are not it.

Sheldrick is the missing piece for mine. If he can become our Tom Mitchell or Patrick Cripps, then we will take a lot of stopping.
Extractors: Sheldrick, Sheather, Rowbottom, Mitchell.

Blakey going down defi itelt opens a spot for Gould if he is willing to take the next step. He has come back incredibly fit by the pics.

Yes and no. Beatson cited McLean as well as Amartey as players they're relying on to improve, but I took this elaboration on Amartey as a sign there's a bit more urgency where he's concerned. Though to be fair, he does emphasise the role injuries have played.

"We've got Logan (McDonald) and that's about it, unless Joel (Amartey) and Hayden (McLean) can continue to progress," he said.

"Joel Amartey has been a bit of a frustrating one over the last couple of years because he's just had these little niggles, had a restricted pre-season last year because of OP (osteitis pubis), still think he's got a lot of promise, but he's got to start performing."

As for Amartey having a better year than McLean, sure... if you take away games played, goals, goal assists, contested marks, score involvements.
Amartey has so much talent. But footy is not all about talent anymore. If it was Kirky would have played Amateurs. It is about persistence, persaverence, fitness levels, willingness to go the extra distance. He needs to step up. I say that as a big fan. I know what he can do but I would like to see him improve his fitness and endurance base as well as do extra work on his aggression. He needs to develop a bit of Dermie mongrel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back