Training 2023 pre-season

Remove this Banner Ad

I was there. Not a lot more to report - the time trial and just the vibe ("we're back!") were the highlights.

Actually - one important amendment to what I said earlier. Rowbottom finished the 2k run in front of Chad, which I was interested to see. There may have been one other player between them - but they weren't that far apart (a few seconds).

Training was running, skills and a couple of match play lite scenarios. Some of the boys were stuffed after the run.

There were a smattering of senior players but mostly the 1st-4th years. Seniors included: Hickey, Mills, Papley, Reid, Ladhams, Francis, Clarke, Fox, TMac, Amartey. Hayward and Melican also put in appearances dressed in civvies but didn't train.

There were a couple of AFLW players there to watch and support together with one of their coaches.

All the coaching staff plus Charlie plus Tom were there - so I guess some of them caught a plane down to Melbourne afterwards.

There were 4 new VFL players there training with the group: Indhi Kirk, Christian Webster, Toby Alker and another one who's name I didn't get. The rest of the VFL squad were not there so I don't know who is missing.

Maybe we should start a pre-season thread?
Hamish Morrison was the other guy.

Thought it might be.

Wishing him all the best.

Being picked up by the Sydney Swans at any level is an excellent achievement. :thumbsupv1:
Trained Monday and again today. His highlight was one on one kicking with Papley. Runs about 16km each training session he reckons. Is so stuffed he just goes home and eats and sleeps. Spoke with him this afternoon.

Trained Monday and again today. His highlight was one on one kicking with Papley. Runs about 16km each training session he reckons. Is so stuffed he just goes home and eats and sleeps. Spoke with him this afternoon.
Sounds like a committed kid. I would expect nothing less given his uncle is one of this establishment's finest contributors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McInerney looking tank in that video.

Here I am getting sucked in to the "wow look how shredded ___ has got" and then by round 1 they look exactly the same size LOL
The think that impresses me most is that it seems the boys really upheld their professionalism in the off season. A large proportion went off to Europe for a reasonable trip and there was plenty of drinking on social media. To come back in good condition is evidence that even though they were partying they still got their training jn

The think that impresses me most is that it seems the boys really upheld their professionalism in the off season. A large proportion went off to Europe for a reasonable trip and there was plenty of drinking on social media. To come back in good condition is evidence that even though they were partying they still got their training jn
From what is being said here Matty Roberts came back a bit out of condition. He might just have flu or something. But if he does, not have and did not keep his, conditioning up, then naughty boy. Go directly to Coventry.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caught up with my nephew over the weekend
Says
  • He trains Monday and Friday with the Swans, Wednesday with the VFL and light training on Saturday with VFL
  • Papley training Konstanty on quick snaps for goal was very interesting
  • Francis says Swans are much fitter than Essendon
  • Stephens is bigger but Heeney has a massive rig
  • McInerney is the funniest if you polled 99% of the team
  • Sheldrick is a very very very nice bloke

Caught up with my nephew over the weekend
Says
  • He trains Monday and Friday with the Swans, Wednesday with the VFL and light training on Saturday with VFL
  • Papley training Konstanty on quick snaps for goal was very interesting
  • Francis says Swans are much fitter than Essendon
  • Stephens is bigger but Heeney has a massive rig
  • McInerney is the funniest if you polled 99% of the team
  • Sheldrick is a very very very nice bloke
Is he in the academy ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back