Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:

Whatever team can get the game on its terms will win:
Ie. Carlton won't win a fast flowing game
Brisbane won't win contest warfare
I reckon when we play a blend of both, we are at our absolute best. And yes, I believe we can play both ways. It's the media who like to brand and stereotype. Much like an actor getting typecast.
We are strong at the contest but geez we can also move that ball when we want to.
I 'm quite happy for oppo to underestimate us.
Just hope the boys can recover and also settle emotionally after that phenomenal game. It's a big ask, but not impossible.

How I would line up (means Voss won't ;))

B: Cincotta Weitering McGovern
HB: Newman Kemp Saad
C: Acres Cripps Hollands
HF: Cottrell McKay Docherty
F: Martin Charlie Motlop
Foll: TDK Hewett Walsh
Int: Cerra Marchbank Owies Dow (Cuningham or Fogarty)

I feel we need extra run and support on a warm evening against a quick side
Against McInerney we can go with one ruck. With McKay in we are to big with two rucks
Hollands is a must and an extra mid in Dow helps
DC/Fogarty can be a weapon with pace later in game off sub
This is a forward line that can kick a lot of goals if we get it in quickly
Doc can always go back to defence if we have issues

IMO this side can not only match Lions but beat them. Tough and contested and then run on the outside
Good post although Pitto plays and one can come out.

The two rucks are working beautifully imo

Also we’ll win this!

I know the MC won't do it but personally I'd also just go with 1 ruck.

Tell TDK he is the *en man. And he's gotta give us everything all night. Bloke is a star and with thrive as #1.

Bring in JSOS for Pitto. Give us more run and connect. Move forward 50 pressure and the ability to kick goals and chop out in the ruck.

With McKay and Jsos coming in we have enough height.

In : Martin JSOS Harry
Out- Pitto Kennedy cunners

Would prefer both rucks to play. Pittonet to ruck 80% of the first half and give it his absolute all. Keep TDK as fresh as possible. Sub Hollands in for Pittonet about 15-2p minutes into the third quarter and have a fresher TDK run over the top of them

Yes, a lot would have to go right health wise but picture jt.

18 months ago or so, Alex Cincotta would be saying you are taking the piss if he was guaranteed to play in a 2023 AFL Prelim Final !

One of the most underrated (least from media coverage) football rags to riches stories I have seen in a fair while.

AC is a real testament to tenacity, work ethic and never give up creed.

Couldn't be more pleased for him, not just as a Carlton tragic, but someone who is inspired by human endeavour/spirit !

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly right.

Look I can see plenty of ways for Brisbane to win and I'll be disappointed, but I'll also go "yeh, fair enough"...

But the fact that Curnow has really done sod-all this finals and Harry had half a mis-firing game only against the Swans and we've still won gives me hope. The Blues couldn't try harder or be braver than they have the past fortnight, but we can play a whole lot BETTER. It gives me tingles thinking about the prospect of Curnow and McKay going berzerk. Lions down a good defender... Andrews would much rather be intercepting than locking down. Are our big-gun forwards about to make good on the dreams we've had for them since the day they were drafted? Likely? No. Possible? Oh, yes.
I agree with this 100%. I keep thinking that we still haven't played our best game this year. We keep on winning which is absolutely amazing but I've never thought 'that is just perfect footy, the best we can play'. I'm hoping that is still to come and is versus the Pies. I think they've harnessed their best a few times which is why they are minor premiers. But our best footy would easily beat their best IMO and I really hope we get to see it.

Drop Harry. Didn’t touch the ball last week and was largely ineffectual.

Harry had 2 horrible misses that he would normally kick, regardless of people saying he wouldn't kick them normally, he would have had maybe 1 or 2 misses from there in his career.

He would have kicked 2 goals, 2 goal assists and half a dozen contests and he would have been on track to have a belter of a game.

Harry will be in the side.

think we need Pitto to work over Big O, keep TDK as fresh as possible, with an option to switch it up in the last quarter sub off pitto, and inject run.

Should have read all before posting. Gmta. Sorry.

Harry had 2 horrible misses that he would normally kick, regardless of people saying he wouldn't kick them normally, he would have had maybe 1 or 2 misses from there in his career.

He would have kicked 2 goals, 2 goal assists and half a dozen contests and he would have been on track to have a belter of a game.

Harry will be in the side.
Think RAPPA was, as I was, just taking the Mickey out of suggestions that H isn’t in our best side. He’s definitely in if fit.

Sorry Thy, I know, FFS never explain …..

Captain's Run - Gabba

Friday 22 September

3-3:45PM (AEST)

The Gabba

Entry via Gate 2 from 2:45PM

Please note, there will be no parking available

The session will kick off from approximately 3pm (AEST) and will be the perfect opportunity for fans to see the Blues before the big preliminary final against the Lions on Saturday evening.
There will be food and beverage available for purchase at the ground.

Please register your attendance for the session using this form.

This will be a viewing session only, due to training schedule constraints and while a player signing will be unavailable, supporters will have the opportunity to win signed giveaways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back