Half-forwards:Tom De KoningHarry McKaySam Docherty
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydMatthew CottrellGeorge Hewett
Jack Martin
Emergencies:David CuninghamBrodie KempMatthew Kennedy
Matthew Owies

Last edited:

Not sure why any Carlton supporter is feeling sick. As for myself, I feel chillaxed.

Vossy has got the boys playing his way, uncompromisingly Tough and Relentless.

This is far from a free hit, boys are ready to go. Out of form players are not tolerated. Love the selections.

Lachie Neale is going to be so sore and banged up after this game, he will take all of pre season to recover.

Harry is critically important today, big fella is primed for a big game.

Charlie has a great opportunity, with an underwhelming opponent (in Gardener).

Bring on the big dance, Blues by 10 points.

Small forward who performed reasonably well for most of the year as sub doesn’t seem a massive stretch.
I love him, just seems a bizarre sub. Didn’t work in week 1 with a small forward. I’m sure they have a plan.

Sinjin Jnr and I are already a nervous wreck. Brissie's transition and skill could really cut us up. We made some dreadful skill errors against Melbourne that we got away with, Brissie will punish us if we repeat. I reckon our best performance of the year was against Port Adelaide, if we can replicate that type of performance then we are in with a shot. Fast, clean passages of play, monster them at the stoppage and for the love of god no bombing into the forward line. Change the angles and look for the best option, don't just kick to a pack with Charlie and/or Harry.

Walshy to run them into the ground, Cerra dishing off with smarts and Crippa and Hewett to provide the muscle.

Sinjin, you will be ready to purchase GF tickets for the clan and like it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why any Carlton supporter is feeling sick. As for myself, I feel chillaxed.

This is far from a free hit, boys are ready to go. Out of form players are not tolerated. Love the selections.

Lachie Neale is going to be so sore and banged up after this game, he will take all of pre season to recover.

I was chillaxed last week but this time I am very nervous - I think for me it has to do with Collingwood being in the Grand Final - I don’t trust the Lions to beat them at the G so really think we are the safer chance of stopping them so I’m nervous about that. If the Giants had won instead I would have seen this as a free hit - but they didn’t so we have to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have to get first hands on the ball in the middle.

Keep Lachie Neale away from it, & when he does get it, belt the living suitcase out of him.

The wife and I have come up from Melbourne for the game. We like to listen to the radio while watching. What radio stations if any will have the commentary for this game and not the nrl? Or will we have to stream from our phones and listened to it delayed?

Owies sub

Makes sense. Was one of the few players I really able to pay attention to at the captain's run. Most seemed to be taking it as a warm up while he really pressed hard. If he's only getting a 40 minutes of game time he wants to be prepared m and match ready

So far the finals have averaged only 21 goals a game (with one outlier of 30 goals, back to that in a second)

So that’s 6 of 7 finals being tight & contested with goals being at a premium.

I feel this suites Carlton perfectly (also suited Melbourne but they are gone now). We are the best contested team left. So if tonight can continue that trend, I believe we will win.

The issue is the outlier, that 30 goal game was Brisbane & Port. Was that more Brisbane? It was it Port? Probably a combination of both as Port second match was also over the finals average with 22 goals scored.

Last week was 2 teams that play similarly & Carlton played it better longer. Today is 2 teams with contrasting styles, Carlton will want the contest, Brisbane will want to open it up. Whoever gets the style they want wins.

Contested ball wins finals footy, historically & based on the numbers. So will this be an outlier or follow the trend? I think we know early

Also statistically since the pre finals bye 1 in every 2 of the teams who get the week off lose. So if that trend continues. Brisbane has to lose as Collingwood 🤮 already won

Yep the Saints and Power (x2) were clearly the worst teams in the finals as evidenced by how highly they were scored against.

I think If we can bring the pressure we have the past 10-12 weeks they won’t know what to do and we will win.

The wife and I have come up from Melbourne for the game. We like to listen to the radio while watching. What radio stations if any will have the commentary for this game and not the nrl? Or will we have to stream from our phones and listened to it delayed?
SEN doing the Blues live stream again- was great last week. Think your options will be limited as the ground has s**t phone coverage.
Hard to refresh the afl app let alone stream something

I cant help but s**t myself. Especially moreso now Collingwood are in. Can you imagine next week if we win today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back