Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand all the chest beating here. Am I the only one who is not at all happy with the win? Our season now looks to have an asterisk on it all over a rather dubious score review.

Don't get me wrong, 8 in a row looks sweet on paper, but it now looks undeserved.

The game will always have controversies. But this one kills me inside. I want my team fighting and winning fair.

Wouldn't it have also been better to lose that one for the sake of the players' psychological approach. I don't want them getting ahead of themselves now in these last two games.
wtf? In the last 3 weeks, we've knocked off the premiership favourite, and now the new premiership favourite. What more do you want? And winning fair? What wasn't fair about that win?

Just be happy for a change, this is the best we've been in 20+ years.

I don't understand all the chest beating here. Am I the only one who is not at all happy with the win? Our season now looks to have an asterisk on it all over a rather dubious score review.

Don't get me wrong, 8 in a row looks sweet on paper, but it now looks undeserved.

The game will always have controversies. But this one kills me inside. I want my team fighting and winning fair.

Wouldn't it have also been better to lose that one for the sake of the players' psychological approach? I don't want them getting ahead of themselves now in these last two games.
Have a Bex, a cuppa, and a good lie down....

Wouldn't it have also been better to lose that one for the sake of the players' psychological approach? I don't want them getting ahead of themselves now in these last two games.
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin

The ball was touched.

Now you can sleep................................your welcome

So proud for the team and you lot. Those who stood strong and didn’t flinch are seeing unimaginable rewards. The emotional ones (including myself) will be learning a thing or two.

Cannot wait to come back to Oz and watch the repeats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah- a few posters in here getting too excited over not much.

What’s going to happen in here after number 17?
a pleasant afternoon of bocce......

Knocking Bitchmond out of the finals in 13 was also pretty damned good!

Great win but that was all that happened on that day. The 99 prelim was also the day we finally got rid of Kenmett and today is the day we made it further into a football World Cup than we've done before.

Dows disposal efficiency was 80%. ??

Is that correct?
It is.

And he had 12 kicks and 8 handballs, so not like he was just giving off handballs all day to get that efficiency. He used it by foot as well.

Dubious?? It was Umpire's Call. The Umpire 1m from the play.

If it helps, you can review below and see the ball on Marchbank's right arm.

FB_IMG_1691844985676.jpg

Bro wtf. Leave.

EDIT: nah don’t leave x.

But seriously. Marchbank pretty much marked that ball and threw it 10 rows back over the goal line. Nothing dubious about it.

wtf? In the last 3 weeks, we've knocked off the premiership favourite, and now the new premiership favourite. What more do you want? And winning fair? What wasn't fair about that win?

Just be happy for a change, this is the best we've been in 20+ years.

I'm not talking down our last seven wins. They were superb. We are looking threatening and I'd be lying if I said I didn't get swept up in it a little.

It's just this match which bothers me now. Imagine if we were to play the GF and/or win the flag (don't see it happening myself). Everyone is going to point back to this very game and how it could have wrongly changed everything.

What would be worse is the AFL coming out and agreeing that score review was wrong. I want our season and comeback to be defined by pure determination and hard work. Not by a dodgy goal umpire decision.

The only bummer for the day was I went to watch the replay on Poxtel, as I have a series link and record all Carlton games, only to find for some reason it had recorded the Ravens v Brisvegas games of made up teams. Very dissapointed.

I wonder what happened? did the Matilda's rescheduling send us to a different Poxtel channel or something?

Back