Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

So how can Port give a future 4th to Richmond if you don't have a future 1st??? They could give one future 2nd away because they had two of those that makes sense but the F4 doesn't

Are the AFL bending the rules again for them?
That was 1 of the changes mooted to be brought in this year. Along with a veteran listing, which was canned. And allowing MSD picks to stay on the rookie list an extra season

That was 1 of the changes mooted to be brought in this year. Along with a veteran listing, which was canned. And allowing MSD picks to stay on the rookie list an extra season
All I know is that when Port crash hard, it will be fun watching them do that with no draft picks to work with.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port always ‘wins’ trade week, but really, their best year was 2018, when they lost 3 best 22 players, but worked their way up the draft board in a great draft. They were graded a ‘C’ at the time by foxsports.

Did you miss the "future 2nd from a team that are a far bigger chance to fall down the ladder than Melbourne are" part or have you just done a few stretches to prepare for more mental gymnastics?

Didn’t they get Ports second rounder which will almost be exactly the same as Melbourne’s. Oh no we don’t have a shiny new toy so I have to complain and whinge about everyone.

Sorry, I don’t know where you get this baseless idea from? We don’t know what our final offer was, or even if it were the same, lower or higher than Melbourne’s offer

As you rightly say, we had the cash but we don’t know what we did offer or how much it increased from our first offer; other than it did

Well we can indulge your flights of fancy, sure, but we don’t have anything to contradict the known facts in favour of your… alternate view.
No different than your baseless claim that we bent over backwards 🙄. Sure we would have liked to keep him , but no way were we desperate. Our offer was not overs so not sure you reckon we were bending over backwards!

And the club sock puppets on here tell us no one wants to come to SA (whilst Port bring in players every year).
It shits me they meet their quota every year, the players they are bringing in , yes they are not stars but suit their needs, and they do it with what appears f*** All currency. I know I sound petty but I want to beat them at bloody darts, or lawn bowls, I want silverware in the cabinet

So just to get this straight. After the Soldo and Ratugolea deals, Port will be left with

2023: Pick 50, 76, 94
2024: 2nd round, 3rd round

Assume they will need to give up something for Sweet as well.

Their depth this year was horrible, evidenced by the SANFL team.

An unbalanced list will have Soldo, Sweet, Hayes, Visentini, Scully, K.Marshall…all over 200cm. Lycett TBC.

Dixon, Boak, McKenzie all coming to the end.

Clearly boom or bust. A significant injury to Rozee or Butters next season and it will derail overnight.

So just to get this straight. After the Soldo and Ratugolea deals, Port will be left with

An unbalanced list will have Soldo, Sweet, Hayes, Visentini, Scully, K.Marshall…all over 200cm. Lycett TBC.

Clearly boom or bust. A significant injury to Rozee or Butters next season and it will derail overnight.

Forgot Duursma.

Clearly not the most prolific trade week for us but hard to criticise the club too much. Our trade strategy for the past few years seems to have revolved around bringing in top grade SA talent in a certain age profile building for our next flag tilt. People that were happy with bringing in Dawson and Rankine can’t complain too much about sticking to this strategy as the club have clearly went hard at Redman, Petty and even Oliver. There won’t be a suitable prospect every year and 2/3 years ain’t bad. Instead we have strengthened our draft hand with three top 20 picks in a shallow draft which will boost our list talent. I’m sure they will go hard at a big fish again next year with the likes of Philippou or Petty again and by 2025 should be looking at a strong list profile.

Port bring players in throw the toys outta the cot soldo not a first choice ruck if they get bzt congrats winner of the reverse coleman yeah great gets i want good quality not rubbish

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think this is right.
We went for A grade players. Day, Redman, Oliver, Petty. Didn’t get them but it’s pretty hard to dislodge a player like that.
They went for second string players.

Don't they also need to get a F4 back in from somewhere as they traded their F1 previously?

Hayes is out of contract, they'll surely delist him along with Lycett.

Clearly not the most prolific trade week for us but hard to criticise the club too much. Our trade strategy for the past few years seems to have revolved around bringing in top grade SA talent in a certain age profile building for our next flag tilt. People that were happy with bringing in Dawson and Rankine can’t complain too much about sticking to this strategy as the club have clearly went hard at Redman, Petty and even Oliver. There won’t be a suitable prospect every year and 2/3 years ain’t bad. Instead we have strengthened our draft hand with three top 20 picks in a shallow draft which will boost our list talent. I’m sure they will go hard at a big fish again next year with the likes of Philippou or Petty again and by 2025 should be looking at a strong list profile.
💯 agree. It amazes me how so many don’t understand our strategy. We aren’t hunting rabbits. We are hunting bigger game !you only need to look at the recycling of duds at pear over the last few years to see a clear distinction in our approach

Last edited:
This is the s**t I'm talking about:

Adding the 4th rounder to that deal does absolutely nothing. The only reason it'll be included is to give the illusion they have held out to get better value even though they've conceded they aren't and have settled for the deal offered from the start

I'm professionally jealous. We should have held on for an extra fourth for McAdam! ;)

On that, on Foxtel last night, they said that we got pick 47 in addition to the Melbourne future second rounder: where did that come from? Seems very specific.

Exactly why Richmond getting their future 2nd is an incredibly smart piece of business.

It's a good summary, they are certainly all in on Butters , JHF and Rozee. It's a good three to bank on but has also limited on what else they can do.

I expect next year they will push a Georgiades or Burton type out for picks.

The top talent is great but the rest of their list is a bit of a mess in my opinion.

I think Brennan Cox was actually the big one. I think we were sure he was coming and hence the probably over the top approach to Petty.

im really buoyant on Keene though. Hasn’t actually done a preseason yet, there is real talent there.
Keane has all the tools to be a very decent KPD- good 1v1 contests, good kicking skill but also the ability to be attacking when rebounding from D50

On top of all that, he was free!

Back