List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's purely perception.... pick 10 sounds a lot better than pick 15 but agree it's irrelevant as you still picking from same pool

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes but if pick 10 is actually the 15th best player in the draft, it holds less value overall. It's not a standard pick 10 anymore.and its value at the trade table changes.

Yes but if pick 10 is actually the 15th best player in the draft, it holds less value overall. It's not a standard pick 10 anymore.and its value at the trade table changes.

It's not necessarily the 15th best, as the FS and academies could go earlier with clubs forcing other clubs to payup! Ie lmac was he ready top ten player!

Twomey says the Dogs will almost certainly get pick 4 with 10, 17 and their F1 on the table, but then he expects Melbourne and us will fight over pick 10.

Geez 10, 17 and F1 is a decent amount of capital for pick 5.

Wonder what we could achieve sticking our noses in here.

3 for 10, 17, Dogs F1

then

GCs 5 for 17, 19, F20

Dogs F1 for Darcy

We could then go with 2, 5, 10, 14, still have F19 up our sleeve, and have Darcy.

Curtin at 2
Dogs get Watson at 3
Hawks Duursma at 4
We still get McKercher at 5

Mate - Everyone has said the exact same thing year on year for the last 4 years.

We have shown no natural progression and we have just lost 4-5 senior players.

We won a single game more than we did in 2022.

We won 1 less games than we did in 2021.

Until we show significant improvement, we should not be trading our future 1st round pick.

Everyone wanted to trade our future 1st for pick 7 or 8 in 2021 so we could get Gibcus (It would have cost us JHF).

Everyone wanted us to trade our future 1st last year so we could get Phillipou or Tsatas.

Well it almost cost us Harley Reid.

etc.

If we are trading our future 1st, it has to be for a top 3 pick or multiple picks inside the top 12 like GWS or Melbourne's current draft hand.
I think losing the senior players is what will move us up the ladder. We're not just gifting as many spots to blokes on our list based on their seniority.

Not all of our draftees will come in and have the effect of Sheezel, but he smashed Ziebs, Cunners, Hall and just about all of the senior blokes in terms of impact in games.

We'll be ok.

And sacrificing a pick next year for a pick this year gets another quality young guy in that grows with Sheeze, Wardlaw, George and whoever else. I just love the idea of them all bonding together, going through it at the same time and developing that passion and love for the club as a group.

Yes snd then go back after gc 5 with a lesser haul

If WB are all in on Watson and we rate others higher, could guarantee them Watson by trading with us, could also make noises that we are taking Watson at 3 to encourage the trade.
2, 3, 14, 19 turns into 2, 10, 14, 17, 19, WBF1 + our F19, F20 is a lot of ammo to target the GC, GWS & GEEL picks.

I think losing the senior players is what will move us up the ladder. We're not just gifting as many spots to blokes on our list based on their seniority.

Not all of our draftees will come in and have the effect of Sheezel, but he smashed Ziebs, Cunners, Hall and just about all of the senior blokes in terms of impact in games.

We'll be ok.

And sacrificing a pick next year for a pick this year gets another quality young guy in that grows with Sheeze, Wardlaw, George and whoever else. I just love the idea of them all bonding together, going through it at the same time and developing that passion and love for the club as a group.
We need guys like Jy, LDU, Zurhaar & TT to be fit and available more often compared to this year if we are going to rise up the ladder.

We need guys like Jy, LDU, Zurhaar & TT to be fit and available more often compared to this year if we are going to rise up the ladder.
TBF, LDU suffered his first soft tissue injury this year. Jy gets knocked out far too often. TT was the victim of his own actions and Zurhaar is too tough for his own good.

Some luck with injuries would be a welcome change.

Or have greater depth so if they are unavailable the ones that step in are at a similar level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If WB are all in on Watson and we rate others higher, could guarantee them Watson by trading with us, could also make noises that we are taking Watson at 3 to encourage the trade.
2, 3, 14, 19 turns into 2, 10, 14, 17, 19, WBF1 + our F19, F20 is a lot of ammo to target the GC, GWS & GEEL picks.

Or an established player OOC next yr.
Just need to swap out the PP's so AFL can't renege

TBF, LDU suffered his first soft tissue injury this year. Jy gets knocked out far too often. TT was the victim of his own actions and Zurhaar is too tough for his own good.

I’d also include Wardlaw here. An uninterrupted run for warlord would have a much more profound effect on our games than many understand.
He is a game breaker in-waiting.

Wonder what we could achieve sticking our noses in here.

3 for 10, 17, Dogs F1

then

GCs 5 for 17, 19, F20

Dogs F1 for Darcy

We could then go with 2, 5, 10, 14, still have F19 up our sleeve, and have Darcy.

Curtin at 2
Dogs get Watson at 3
Hawks Duursma at 4
We still get McKercher at 5

Best deal I’ve seen on this thread.

Yeah Jy and he's head knocks is real worry for me. It's happening way to often.

It's more just a focus on guys who are really coming into their prime years now. If we are going to make much of a jump in the short term it really needs to be driven by the current 23-26 year old age bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back