Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Henry , like westhawk said he has a contract on the table but has been advised by collin young to assess his options at the end of the year. Collin young is pretty ruthless and works purely to get the best deal for his players and has no issues pissing off clubs, ive heard Henry has a desire to move east and is really good mates with kosi pickett with Melbourne and North the other teams very interested.

Henry has had a solid 4-6 weeks but before that was potentially looking at being desisted, he is a winger and not a half forward or fwd pocket where he played earlier in his career before moving further up the ground. He's a tidy player who has neat skills that still need some work but seems to be gaining confidence and is making better decisions of late . I wouldn't say he is lighting quick which is why he struggled in a pressure role like he was playing in the f50 but he's more of a glider and gets around the ground well. High draft pick worth the punt if he was keen , great kid who has the talent and I think has finally realised the work involved to be a capable afl player.

Won't work for the simple reason that if Suns give up their pick 5 & don't get points back, it means they have a deficit of around 1000pts which essentially pushes their top pick next yr to 2nd round.

Instead, add 1-2 more 30's pick via trade and send 2-3 picks that is close to 1500 pts and swap the F1's for next yr. They get points and feel like they improved their hand for next yr.

Only way we distinguish our pick trade offers from other clubs who too will put together picks for Suns pick 5. Go to every club forum on BF and they are all dreaming of snagging Suns pick 5/6.

Pick 9 from few yrs back. See discussion here

What the suns want will depend on what else happens in the trade period with their players and any trades. If they get in another late first or decent second, then offering dogs second and our f1 might work. If not we need another second round pick. We should also take back some of their late picks like 56,61,64 to help match McCabe. It’s pretty simple like hawkinoz says, priority 1 ensure they have enough matching points with as few picks as possible, priority 2 improve 2024 draft hand. We can just about outdo everyone else on priority 2 so it’s just about what we need to do on priority 1.

Last edited:

Would much rather keep Wingard
Don't get me wrong, but I don't see him engaged with this group, poor body language and his communication skills are laughable.
The last 4-6 weeks has clearly been playing for his career.

Coach has told him, you will play every game, go out there, do your thing and we will work something out come trade week.

Play Butler, rest Newcombe or Worpel in the forward line.

But back to my original question, what's he worth on the market?

Don't get me wrong, but I don't see him engaged with this group, poor body language and his communication skills are laughable.

Coach has told him, you will play every game, go out there, do your thing and we will work something out come trade week.

4 weeks ago DFA. Now you might get a late third from a contender. Lachie Hunter went for pick 50 to the dees a bit younger and arguably a more productive player.

Serious X factor player - if we continue our trajectory next year he could be the player who gets us over the line in those close games. Unless he desperately wanted to go I'd be keeping him - teams that fall short this year will be after him (So if port, Collingwood, Bulldogs or Lions don't win the flag there will be demand - which suggests he has something they need so we keep him

Serious X factor player - if we continue our trajectory next year he could be the player who gets us over the line in those close games. Unless he desperately wanted to go I'd be keeping him - teams that fall short this year will be after him (So if port, Collingwood, Bulldogs or Lions don't win the flag there will be demand - which suggests he has something they need so we keep him

So they pay more than fair value to get him, else we keep him. Our flag tilt is 2026, maybe 2025 if we are lucky. He is unlikely to be in similar form then. So if some team with flag hopes in 2024 give him a 2 yr contract with trigger for 3rd, he will take it as long as a trade can be done.

Definitely has X factor, however like I mentioned in my previous post, he just doesn't engage with this squad.

I notice he is constantly at the back of team huddles, walking off the ground about 2-3 metres away from the team.

He was promised success and it never came to fruition, I get the feeling he is just doing enough to gauge interest from rival clubs in the hope of a 2 year contract. Which is fine, but I want picks that make the McCabe bid work.

3 more years. Hope he’s as good as his dad.

Not fussed about the Brisbane academy concerns. What happens will happen.

The good thing is in 3 years we'll be primed for finals and our young stars will be at 75-100 games. If Cooper is going to be a star and he doesn't want to join in on the fun then fair enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate when people throw this sort of stuff out there like they know for sure when they are just guessing like the rest of us.
Either phrase it better or don't make out like you know what's really going on.

Hate when people throw this sort of stuff out there like they know for sure when they are just guessing like the rest of us.
Either phrase it better or don't make out like you know what's really going on
you will be fine..

Just ignore him. I was an advocate for trading Tom Mitchell as far back as 2021 but this guy’s boring, relentless and downright deranged Tom Mitchell rants last year in trade chats made me want to keep Tom if only to piss him off.

Brocky for Ryan would be a fair deal imo.

I do like Henry he could be the next Daniel Wells

Henry for CJ plus future 2nd?

Definitely has X factor, however like I mentioned in my previous post, he just doesn't engage with this squad.

I notice he is constantly at the back of team huddles, walking off the ground about 2-3 metres away from the team.

He was promised success and it never came to fruition, I get the feeling he is just doing enough to gauge interest from rival clubs in the hope of a 2 year contract. Which is fine, but I want picks that make the McCabe bid work.
You can't judge from a TV screen or sitting in the stands who the guy is and his relationship with his team mates or club.
By all counts he's well respected and loved within the club. You hear this all the time.

Just ignore him. I was an advocate for trading Tom Mitchell as far back as 2021 but this guy’s boring, relentless and downright deranged Tom Mitchell rants last year in trade chats made me want to keep Tom if only to piss him off.
Saw him picking splinters on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back