Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are miles over the cap and thats being generous. Its coming from within GWS too , not media and not even us .
They have approached some clubs us included to make offers on a few of their players .
Salary dump for potential picks . Pretty simple.

Cant make it much more clear than that .
Not clear until Cal Twomey says it. :shrug:

Last edited:
This is a hypothetical thread, if you're going to continue to get upset about the presence of hypothetical deals you may wish to close the tab and take a few deep breaths.
If you're going to condescend to anyone who you don't agree with, then just mute them.

Is this not exactly what you've been doing for the past 10 pages?
I haven't been rude to anyone, and it's not really a great excuse for you even if it were true.
23yr old/198cm/100kg power forward just breaking out. Yep, we absolutely should be chasing him.
Just feel he's a 2nd tier option, and we have a number of them. Think we should save our pennies for a top shelf player. Maybe we reckon he's better than his form suggests.

What I was told a couple of weeks back.

Brocky gone.
Hawks have had chats with Tom Papley about returning to Melbourne
Flying Ryan not happening.
Riccardi Breezer was only 50-50 at best.

Again this was a couple of weeks back and not the same info as what some other posters are going with.

Happy to discuss. IMO everything that McKay does well, Esava does better. Both are a good mark under the high ball. Neither are fast. Esava is a better field kick (critical for the Hawks). Esava can play fwd and ruck.

Um, no he can't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

23yr old/198cm/100kg power forward just breaking out. Yep, we absolutely should be chasing him.
Don't think 'power forward' is Riccardi's game, at all.

Future 2nd with a 2023 4th (McCabe) coming back??

Don't think 'power forward' is Riccardi's game, at all.

Future 2nd with a 2023 4th (McCabe) coming back??
First things first, we have to convince him to leave GWS. If we can I'd be very happy to give up a future 2nd. As for Haynes I think we're dreaming that they'll trade him plus their 1st round draft pick to us just for salary cap relief.

Happy to discuss. IMO everything that McKay does well, Esava does better. Both are a good mark under the high ball. Neither are fast. Esava is a better field kick (critical for the Hawks). Esava can play fwd and ruck.

McKay has One function = a defender stopper against the big slower fwds. Frankly I don’t see what other do in him.

Esava is a Swiss-army-knife tall. back / fwd/ tall, in each of these positions he can provide value.

I’d provide a good some of money on a longish time frame for a player who can be our Swiss-Army-Tall.
I reckon with the Swans missing out on Barras they’ll now be sniffing around Esava.

Last edited:
I reckon with the Swans missing out on Barras they’ll now be sniffing around Esava.
I’d think Port are already across the line there.

On the subject of Riccardi is not the key question whether he can chop out ruck, I know he's done it but I don't know if he's done it well.

The Reeves-Meek duo looks dead, even Gawn-Grundy can't make it work.

Kosi looked good last time out as the bustling 3rd tall second ruck, obviously we need to see how Let's go Brandon develops but isn't any question around Riccardi whether he can be better than Kosi in that role (significant upgrade) rather than his basic merits as KF?

What I was told a couple of weeks back.

Brocky gone.
Hawks have had chats with Tom Papley about returning to Melbourne
Flying Ryan not happening.
Riccardi Breezer was only 50-50 at best.

Again this was a couple of weeks back and not the same info as what some other posters are going with.
Papley is my favourite Swan. What gets this done? We would have to find a mid to late first from somewhere. Haynes salary dump into Papley?

On the subject of Riccardi is not the key question whether he can chop out ruck, I know he's done it but I don't know if he's done it well.

The Reeves-Meek duo looks dead, even Gawn-Grundy can't make it work.

Kosi looked good last time out as the bustling 3rd tall second ruck, obviously we need to see how Let's go Brandon develops but isn't any question around Riccardi whether he can be better than Kosi in that role (significant upgrade) rather than his basic merits as KF?
Riccardi could replace Ryan, with Kosi/Rama as the FWD/Ruck.

Be handy if Riccardi could ruck, but my first question relates to whether or not he can succeed as a genuine FF?

I’d imagine they any deal with the Suns for pick 5 doesn’t occur until draft night.
They’ll spend the trade period securing points in other ways from trading out players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back