Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know there is as much chance of nothing happening as something...but..

I feel like we are or soon will be a destination club again.
The whole footy world can see where we are heading and oppo players will want to come along for the ride.

Regardless of what happens with Bailey Smith... he fits Sam's profile perfectly (young, tough, fit, oozes talent, and a hawks supporter growing up...)

I have no doubt he could squeeze him into the rotations of mid, wing, HFF...

An example, someone offers the world to trade for Worpel( assuming he is a 2 yr extn) and we consider as he will be FA in 2 yrs time. Assuming Frenchie has developed far enough that we don't have a problem letting go. Same applies for Nash, he too should be FA next yr or the yr after.

if B king is available, we would be derelict in our duties to not engineer a beneficial trade. If not, we need to find ways to get Suns pick 5. Hence the hypothetical offer to trade CJ + something for Suns pick 5(+ something) and/or Hawks f1.

These are all hypotheticals but seems to upset CJ fans or people wedded to set ways of thinking. It is good to consider creative options as season is almost over.
Players have to agree to a trade. Worpel just says no.

Not sure why we'd have to pay any of Brocky's deal, not as if the West Coast salary cap is tight especially with Shuey, Hurn & Nic Nat all retiring.
You can’t pay any salary for an uncontracted player at their new team and you can’t get them to sign a new deal now and then trade them and pay either.

Last edited:
You can’t pay any salary for an uncontracted player at their new team.

Is there a rule that says we can’t resign Brocky on 400k a year for 3 years then trade him to the eagles and cover the first 18 months of the contract? Pay 400k next year, 200k in 2025.

I don’t think the eagles have any cap issues so I see no reason doing it, just more curious.

A Ben King type player says RnL. Perhaps we have been talking about the wrong McKay.

I'll take a stab at it.

Perhaps the theory is we replace Newman with Dew as our forwards coach and that entices Ben King to follow Stewie down to us?
I'd be using Dew as the backmarker in our preseason 2km time-trials. Anyone who finishes behind him is out.

A Ben King type player says RnL. Perhaps we have been talking about the wrong McKay.
His post says he only assumes it is a Ben King type - not that it def is.

I couldn't handle Carltons McKay can't stand him.

Plenty of mail around about Bailey Smith and Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a rule that says we can’t resign Brocky on 400k a year for 3 years then trade him to the eagles and cover the first 18 months of the contract? Pay 400k next year, 200k in 2025.

I don’t think the eagles have any cap issues so I see no reason doing it, just more curious.
Yes

I hope us winning makes these last few weeks fly by so we can get to the real meat of the footy season, RnL posts.

Timing couldn't have been better!

Hope you’re all well, it’s been a while.

Have a little bit of news to share.

We’re trying to get Liam Ryan in a deal for Brockman. We may need to sweeten it up a little - was told we could help financially, is it possible to pay some of Brockmans new contract with WC?

Brockman wants to go home understandably, Liam Ryan loves Sam Mitchell. Makes sense.

This will excite us all, we are chasing a real top liner, an A grader which I’ve been told we are confident of getting done. I was not told who it is, can only assume it’s a Ben King type. A bit of noise around here already about BK, could it be someone else?

We have a stack to spend, more than any other club plus the cap is increasing. We’re in a great position overall.

That’s all I have for now, will update you all over the coming weeks as more news comes to hand.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To the Gold Coast dipshits sneaking around in this thread then going back and making fun of posters thoughts on your own board in defence of how s**t your club is

Your club is an embarrassment and a detriment to the AFL
I didn’t even think they had enough supporters to have a board, maybe just the same few people with imaginary friends talking crap And dreaming about how one day they might be relevant.

I don’t see a need for Bailey Smith. King makes much more sense
Eh an elite gun running, goal kicking mid that can play inside on ball, wing, half forward.

Kicking his only real downside. Bad year but an elite elite elite talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back