Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunners was kicking 40 goals for us a season at the same age DGB is. Gunners was just a natural forward who slotted right in. I’m not convinced DGB is that. Still think he’ll end up in defence.
In fairness,.Gunners had Silk, Hodge, mitchell, Lewis, Roughead, Franklin and Rioli delivering it to him. I think DGB has shown enough worth persisting with for 2-3 years yet, at least.

In fairness,.Gunners had Silk, Hodge, mitchell, Lewis, Roughead, Franklin and Rioli delivering it to him. I think DGB has shown enough worth persisting with for 2-3 years yet, at least.
True but I still think a 21yo gunners into our current side would be thriving.

I agree though, def worth persisting with. I’m just not convinced he’ll be a gunners clone as the original poster said. See him more of a defender / swing man.

Gotta love the knee-jerk reactions after a well fought out prelim.

Pitchforks at the ready.

Never mind that decisions on players were made a long time before the first bounce today.

It sounded like Bennetts had a good game. Not impressed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He was very quiet until about halfway through the third quarter. He lifted, kicked a couple of goals, got busy. I reckon he's had a good first season and is one to look out for next season.

I see a bit of Todd Marshall in DGB development wise. Both athletic but skinny talls. Narrow shoulders but use their long limbs and jumping reach to take grabs. Not the type of frame that stacks on mass easily.

Similar dimensions 195cm v 197cm and draft weight is close 84kg v 87kg.

Marshall like DGB was a slow burn and a bit of a whipping boy for Port until he has a breakout year in year 6 when he kicked almost 40 goals.

Keep the faith.

DGB is up to 87kg now. Marshall currently 94kg after seven years in the system. Both boys are going to take some time to fill out but the talent is there.

Do we want stop gaps but let’s say we got Dear just play him next to Lewis and get games into him like we did with Roughy and Buddy.
This is an amazing post from someone who doesn’t think that we should target Ben King.

Dear will be lucky to be drafted.

What's with this obsession that if you bundle sh*t together that somehow equals a quality pick in return.
The reality is we don't have enough talent on the list. Hit the draft, build a talented list then go hunting for star power.
Talented list = free agent destination.
Our time will come if we do it right.

It sounded like Bennetts had a good game. Not impressed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Like quite a few players. Think quite a few are promising, like Serong, Bennetts, and Hustwaite etc show a bit here and there (without quite knowing how they will fit). I also liked O'Sullivan when he was fit. But we seriously need to inject some class in the small forwards and key position on our list, and sort of manage our list as if we don't expect any of the above to make it cause as much as a I like those guys and it be a big bonus if they do come on. Ramsden I reckon is the one we are planning to be part of the future, but given Butler isn't quite coming on like I expected he might this season, we are going to heavily target class in the forward at the draft and trade table these next few years.

Do we want stop gaps but let’s say we got Dear just play him next to Lewis and get games into him like we did with Roughy and Buddy.

We've gone from replacing Kosi with worse AFL players to replacing Kosi with suburban players.

The thing I would like about Chol is he is 200cm with a long reach for that high ball. He isn't good enough to be the only target at AFL level, but definitely good enough to demand a key defender, and therefore take a lot of slack from Lewis who could be freed up. Would be a fair bit cheaper than Ratugolea but I think more effective as a forward. Watched the whole game today and he was more than a class above (although our key defenders weren't much chop). Wasn't thinking he'd be on our radar but after today very much worth considering.
His entire family live in Brisbane and he is contracted to the end of 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port need picks - how about we bring Kane Farrell home?

Gotta love the knee-jerk reactions after a well fought out prelim.

Pitchforks at the ready.

Never mind that decisions on players were made a long time before the first bounce today.
…and a preliminary final for our 2nds. Why bring out pitchforks now? Simply because our senior side isn’t playing?

We played very well against the team which has dominated the VFL in 2023 due in part to having so few injuries in their AFL side week in/out.

They’ll hammer Werribee next week by far more than 15 points.

He was very quiet until about halfway through the third quarter. He lifted, kicked a couple of goals, got busy. I reckon he's had a good first season and is one to look out for next season.
I can see something there - good evasion, calm of mind, skills and decision making okay - can look a little rushed but I rate him higher than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back