Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine being a Port recruiter and reading about first round pick demands for Esava and BZT..I am sure tomorrow Bevo will also ask for a round 1 pick for Sweet.

All this when you have sweet * all in picks this year.
All these demands of first round picks, we may get our self a player when deals fall though lol!

1. Brockman WCE
2. koschitzke
3. Hawks? McKay - Zerk-Thatcher?

The Scum are paying McKay enough to easily trigger band one. DoDo is feeding Jon Ralph lies so he looks good on the way out to his supporters and can say oh well the AFL cooked the herbs and spices. One thing is very clear, their offer is more than we were willing to pay in guaranteed money and years.

Ralphsmith is very meh. If he was any good he’d be staying at the tigers now they are starting to rebuild. I’ve never seen him play well.

Bailey Smith is a star. Been played out of position for most of the year. By a very ordinary coach. If he wants to come to us we get it done.

Come On Please GIF by NBA

He's worth a first. He's quality.

I'd just be worried Cats will tempt him with the usual beach bum parlour tricks nonsense. We need to throw our cash at him, as we have serious cash reserves to burn (with McKay out, we'd surely have to be close to cap base at this point).
Don't stress mate. I've said it before, he's a hawthorn nuffy, he's instructed his management to troll the cats, he'll be with us this year or next.

Agree he's worth a first, he's a gun goal kicking mid.

The Scum are paying McKay enough to easily trigger band one. DoDo is feeding Jon Ralph lies so he looks good on the way out to his supporters and can say oh well the AFL cooked the herbs and spices. One thing is very clear, their offer is more than we were willing to pay in guaranteed money and years.
The AFL doesn't tell anybody exactly where the bands delineations are, to make it harder for clubs to game the system.
Any contract offer to McKay could contain triggers or incentives which don't count in his base salary. If his base salary is below 800k, there's certainly a chance it "only" triggers band 2.

What is lost in all of this is that an end of first round compensation pick is actually still extremely good value for a player like McKay. The Cats are probably going to end up with a mid-late second round pick for Esava.

Ralphsmith is very meh. If he was any good he’d be staying at the tigers now they are starting to rebuild. I’ve never seen him play well.

Bailey Smith is a star. Been played out of position for most of the year. By a very ordinary coach. If he wants to come to us we get it done.
IF… Bailey Smith is a ‘star’, THEN… I’ve lost all hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bailey Smith hate is very strange. His finals series in 21 was insanely good and he's been good since despite Bevo playing him out of position constantly.

His kicking isn't great but just about everything else with his game is very good when at his best.
In saying that, I can't see us getting him because I don't know if we would offer a first and I don't think Dogs would take anything less than a first

Hugo Ralphsmith can play.
He is fast, not afraid of a contest, and has the confidence to demand the ball and finish.

I could see him slotting into a HFF/wing role easily.
Maybe even focus on that pressure forward role.
He's got the tools to be a threat in front of goal and the speed to make defenders shudder at the thought of taking him on.

Worthwhile pursuing IMO.

i know nothing of ralphsmith whatsoever but by the looks of him I can’t help but think our only interest in him is to secretly just swap him for Bailey smith on day 1 of preseason and the bulldogs will never know.

It’s genius from sleepy mark.

The Bailey Smith hate is very strange. His finals series in 21 was insanely good and he's been good since despite Bevo playing him out of position constantly.

His kicking isn't great but just about everything else with his game is very good when at his best.
In saying that, I can't see us getting him because I don't know if we would offer a first and I don't think Dogs would take anything less than a first

Dosen’t run two ways. Can’t lay a tackle, no defensive attributes. Any player just breezes past him.

I'm sure the same Hawks fans using Smith's poor 2023 form as a reason for not wanting him are also still suggesting Jiath is worth a first rounder if a club came asking for a trade.

Players are permitted to have form slumps during their careers without it meaning it's all over for them.

Doesn't want to go to Geelong

Cotton on link is just lazy, barely been to head office and only zooms with staff
I think the problem there is that he's already linked in with the high ups at Cotton On so that trick doesn't work quite as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back