Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At worst we could move MacDonald - he hasn't seen any midfield time and seems to be behind six players in the rotation currently. He might be persuaded to move for more midfield opportunities?

Still, I'd rather we keep those three. I think we have three A graders there in the making, and if we are adding them on top of a F1 plus Duursma/Watson then it's overkill for mine.
We have no chance of getting Reid without trading assets we would really like to keep. North have too strong a draft hand. If we are any chance to convince West Coast, I reckon a player they like will need to be part of it. I could see that holding appeal to them too, rather than more speculative picks.

At worst we could move MacDonald - he hasn't seen any midfield time and seems to be behind six players in the rotation currently. He might be persuaded to move for more midfield opportunities?

Still, I'd rather we keep those three. I think we have three A graders there in the making, and if we are adding them on top of a F1 plus Duursma/Watson then it's overkill for mine.
Agreed. Too much to give up. I wouldn't be going anymore than Pick 4 + F1. There is every chance that F1 is a top 3-4 pick as well.

Let them take Harley and see if we can't drag him back in a few years time if he's proved his worth.. Or he slips to kangas and we get to add another top end talent to our list and retain the F1 to trade/use next year.

It's still pretty mind boggling to me how big name trades can happen so quickly, while we're expecting the movement on players such as Chol, Kosi and D'Ambrosio to take until the final hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy Episode 19 GIF by The Simpsons

North now have 2,3,15,18,21,25 :rolleyes:

Part of me thinks that there is an angle where Gresham going to PSD means D'Ambrosio will be held as Dildo will want Hawks to have their pick pigeonholed

It won't happen but:

Worps, 32, F3 to Geelong for 8, F3.
Trade 4, 8, F1 to WCE for Reid + 43.
Kosi + F4 to Rich for 49, F3.
49 to Ess for Mass.
Brocky to WCE for F3.
F3 (WCE) + F3 (Geelong) to GC for Chol + F4.
Trade Future Second to St. Kilda for Future Second + Pick 34.

Reid with 1.
McCabe matched with 34, 43.
Dear matched with 52.
Take a mature age KPD in the rookie draft - I really like Jacob Blight.

B: Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB: Weddle Scrim Jiath
C: Amon Nash Ward
HF: CMac Chol Moore
F: Breust Lewis Impey
Fol: Reeves Newcombe Day
Int: Reid Mackenzie Maginness Ramsden
Sub: Butler

It won't happen but:

Worps, 32, F3 to Geelong for 8, F3.
Trade 4, 8, F1 to WCE for Reid + 43.
Kosi + F4 to Rich for 49, F3.
49 to Ess for Mass.
Brocky to WCE for F3.
F3 (WCE) + F3 (Geelong) to GC for Chol + F4.
Trade Future Second to St. Kilda for Future Second + Pick 34.

Reid with 1.
McCabe matched with 34, 43.
Dear matched with 52.
Take a mature age KPD in the rookie draft - I really like Jacob Blight.

B: Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB: Weddle Scrim Jiath
C: Amon Nash Ward
HF: CMac Chol Moore
F: Breust Lewis Impey
Fol: Reeves Newcombe Day
Int: Reid Mackenzie Maginness Ramsden
Sub: Butler

I like the cut of your jib.

Saw CMac at Waverley today - whatever that means ?!
Probably me adding 2 & 2 and coming up with Reid

A bunch of the young guys have been taking time out of their off season to hit the gym, was mentioned by some Hawks representative on SEN at some stage.*

*I've had too much trade week and too much SEN and now it all blurs.

All this Worpel talk is doing my head in

We are building a midfield who grow and progress together then want to trade it out
I don’t get it

He won't be traded.

However, as this is a hypothetical thread, I think he's not an unreasonable option to suggest. His value is at his highest now after a really good season but he's likely close to his ceiling as a grunt ball winner with average disposal.

We also have Mackenzie, Ward, CMac who would all like to play more inside midfield minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back