Player Watch 2024 Father-Son player watch - Ky Burgoyne and Ned Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

You can’t nominate for rhe MSD if you have never nominated for a national draft. Ned wanted to keep his father son eligibility, so he didn’t nominate last year.
Ned had several injuries during his draft year so as stated he held over his FS eligibility and planned to play as an overages to give himself the best chance to be a late pickup.

Ned had several injuries during his draft year so as stated he held over his FS eligibility and planned to play as an overages to give himself the best chance to be a late pickup.
Sounds like a determined kid with a plan.
He seems to be putting in the work and wants to play for the club.
I hope he's good enough to earn a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not playing seniors yet?
That’s a decision by Port Adelaide - whose NGA he is a member of.

Apparently in an agreement with West Adelaide, and as a Port F/S candidate they are able to select him for 4 games this season. Why they have decided to do that is a matter for them, but it is a showdown curtain raiser isn’t it? 😉

The most draftable (according to the elite talent coaches who watch them all) 38 players from SA are in their U18 championships squad.

Last edited:
I've become less attached to F/S players at least early on, I think some of them get a crack purely on name.

We've already delisted Peter's eldest son Trent & we didn't show any interest in Tex Wanganeen who Essendon will delist pretty soon IMO. Taj Schofield is another we delisted.

Interested to see how Ky goes in our reserves side however it's not a signal we are heavily into him.

I've become less attached to F/S players at least early on, I think some of them get a crack purely on name.

We've already delisted Peter's eldest son Trent & we didn't show any interest in Tex Wanganeen who Essendon will delist pretty soon IMO. Taj Schofield is another we delisted.

Interested to see how Ky goes in our reserves side however it's not a signal we are heavily into him.
Last us know how he went or anyone else who was at the AO?

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love it. Swatted us away like an annoying fly.

Ky's dad only won 3 *ing flags at our club.

Port Adelaide royalty ROFL half the posters on their board slag him off at any opportunity and he played more games and achieved 3x more at the Hawks.

Headhecked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back