Player Watch #25: Toby Nankervis

Remove this Banner Ad

To truly assess Toby's value to the team, have a look at his work at the forward stoppage that led to Dustin's first goal last night. Then ask yourself whether Noah is at a stage of his career where he could do similar in this finals campaign.

Haere Ra
Not to mention the big risk going into a PF with an inexperienced duo of Soldo/Balta or Chol.

I'm not totally against Nank having a run in the reserves either. He did miss a lot of footy. Unfortunately the twos are playing a prelim so it's not a game where he could just play a half.
He could if he was allowed.Remember the 2's winning is not the primary focus.

I thought both rucks did well and we got some good run from them as the game progressed. Nakkers will be fitter for the run which would only improve us further. There is no way I would be entertaining Chol and Balta for the rest of the season as this combination is the best going forward.
Once Nakkers started moving at the pace of the game we looked like we had another midfielder out there.
For our side to be complete we just need to sort out the other wingman problem as Ellis isn’t up to it.

I thought both rucks did well and we got some good run from them as the game progressed. Nakkers will be fitter for the run which would only improve us further. There is no way I would be entertaining Chol and Balta for the rest of the season as this combination is the best going forward.
Once Nakkers started moving at the pace of the game we looked like we had another midfielder out there.
For our side to be complete we just need to sort out the other wingman problem as Ellis isn’t up to it.
spot on. Very excited about what Chol can offer us going forward in the next few years, but this season it's Nank & Soldo for me. The only change i would be looking at is a replacement for Ellis and either bring in Stacky or Kmac for him. Kmac's stats haven't been brilliant but he offers way more in 1v1 contests and marking options. Stacky could do anything and has way more flexibility than Ellis. i would see either as an upgrade over Saturday night's Ellis performance

Will be better for the run.
Nank and Soldo is a must if we play Nicnat/Hickey.
If it's Stanley against Geelong then play them both still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are his odds for trying to jump for the footy for this weekend? In all honesty he doesn't look like getting near it and is a massive concern for this weekend. Assuming he is picked I would be tempted to have him spend his time on the ground alongside Mumford and allow Soldo to try and make the most of the smaller Tomlinson.

What i would love to see

I would love to see Nank do a Mummy on Mummy Nobody would be expecting it and Nank has the strength and power to really hurt mummy and totally put him off or even put him out of the game which would throw the GWS plans totally into disarray .

T bone Mummy at the bounce

Need a big one from him marking his pressure etc needs a presence .Might have to drop in the whole and help defence to.You can bet he will protect Soldo.

Just quietly the big man was getting back to somewhere near his best. Not quite as physical and imposing as he can be but just went about a very good game.

17 touches, 23 hit outs, 3 tackles, 3 clearances, 5 marks, and if Jack had of hit him up at 40m instead of over his head making kick on the run from the boundary line he probably has a goal instead of a point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back