Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the Player thread for Will Phillips, not one of the list management threads, threads on our recruiting staff, or the non-north thread, all of which would be more suitable I would assume. Hell, a dedicated thread for this debate over our selection might even be worth being made if people really want to talk about it so much.

I'm fine with the discussion itself it's just that I doubt I'm only speaking for myself when I say that when I come to a specific player's thread it's usually because I want to read or talk about that player, not somebody else at a different club that we could have picked up.
It’s the right spot
There is nothing good about this club right now, and no good reading threads

It’s not pathetic mate.

It’s fact of life when you go against consensus.

We took the risk; Logan was no risk at all to us, if he didn’t work out nobody would have said boo.
He'd probably have been heading back to WA this September. But that could've got us pick #1 I guess?

Renovate animos

It’s not pathetic mate.

We took the risk; Logan was no risk at all to us, if he didn’t work out nobody would have said boo.
I didn't take you for a consensus type of person.

Sherpa will be clearing a path for Jason to do his thing before too long.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid hasn’t played consistent footy for around 3 years now(for various reasons), which means he’s unfortunately going backwards. His development has been massively compromised, doesn’t seem the type that can come in and have an immediate impact. He seems like a slow build type and will probably take a few years to see the best of him. Our club can’t afford to have virtually all our youngsters out of sync with each other due to injuries. Our best chance is to have them all out there playing together consistently. It just ******* sucks to see what’s happening to him.

A shout out to Will who has had to cop this McDonald vs Philips debate playing out in the media. I hope hes okay and close to coming back. We need him.
Frank, cripes!! You just reminded the world about this colossal mistake, Logan Carey McKernan Baker Blight McDonald has now kicked 7 goals in 8 games this season. Had a whopping 35 Super Coaches points last weekend.

I don't even know what super coaches points are , but 35 don't sound flash.

I look forward and will will Will well when he get's back on the park.

It’s not pathetic mate.

And everybody here was saying take Elijah Hollands. The re-writing of history over Logan ******* McDonald is going to rival the 1619 Project.

It’s not pathetic mate.

No risk? Consensus? WTF are you on about?

Consensus from media grubs is not how to plan recruitment. There absolutely was a risk to us from selecting Logan - if he wasn't worth pick 3 we'd have blown our highest pick since 2002. I don't give two shits about other people not giving us a hard time if it fails. This football club is not here to please people in the media who have zero interest in us doing well.

TLDR - Just ******* wait and see. There is zero evidence to date that we even remotely got this call wrong.

It’s not pathetic mate.

There was no consensus to take McDonalds.

Most people said we should take Holland and expected us too.

I didn't take you for a consensus type of person.

Sherpa will be clearing a path for Jason to do his thing before too long.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
I’m not mate, obviously.

I’m just saying that in that particular scenario, the ‘risk’ was doing what nobody else would have considered and having it backfire.

And the notion that the media can’t question that decision is IMO not pathetic.

You know I’m more roundball than oval, and to think that the media can’t question a big signing who has yet to deliver is astonishing. There’s be 10 ‘Barretts’ sleeping in his bins questioning every aspect of his life until he either performed or sold to Everton or Tallares Cordoba or whoever the collector of other peoples rubbish is.

We don’t have big money signings, we have draft equity and we blew our load on a supposed ready-made Sherpa (whom I want to succceed so much, I couldn’t careless about being right or wrong) who up until this point has displayed less than a big man who was meant to take time.

Covid interruptions in the draft year, injuries and illness have killed Will's tank and confidence like nothing else. No concerns with him, if he can get on the park.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back