Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Jay Clark reporting tonight on "The midweek Tackle" on Foxfooty that Will is likely to find a new home at the end of the season.

As in he's looking or we will move him on

Jay Clark reporting tonight on "The midweek Tackle" on Foxfooty that Will is likely to find a new home at the end of the season.

He used the old Logan McDonald line too 😂

Not a lot of conviction or knowledge behind the report. All they did was speculate based on the fact our midfield is stacked and Phillips started round 1 not in the best 23.

He may very well leave but the conversation around Will was purely them speculating.

Not a lot of conviction or knowledge behind the report. All they did was speculate based on the fact our midfield is stacked and Phillips started round 1 not in the best 23.

He may very well leave but the conversation around Will was purely them speculating.

The McDonald non selection isnt really a thing. He would be every chance to have already left to go back to WA if we picked him anyway.

Well, we did sack all 3 recruiters in 2020 perhaps that wasn't a rash move. Let's face it, our drafting has been shiite. Let's start from 2010 when brad started, we haven't achieved much. I would we didn't hit with any decent strike rate until 2021.

Always said if all goes well, Will can play a lot of good football for us. As we all know we have gone heavy on the midfield . The mechanics of this work themselves out over time ,and some feel they can get more games elsewhere . Not saying it is Will, but eventually we will exchange one of these players plus a pick to start adding to our spine preferably a good chf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn’t shocked or disappointed that Will was left out of the round 1 side for Lazz based on pre-season form & wanting to have some more pace around the ball.
However after the GWS game & seeing Lazz attend a lot of Centre Bounces with little impact, I wished we had Will in there instead.
I wished even more that Captain Jy was in there though!
Will & Jye in for Lazz & Tucker this week please

So Jay Clark reckons Will will find a new home at the end of the season, what a bunch of poppycock, I really don't have a lot of faith in journalists these days and this smells of nothing but Will not playing in the first match of the year stuff. Jay was correct on the Zack Fisher deal if I remember correctly, but this nonsense about Will can't play two positions, to slow and so forth is getting to crazy levels, if it hasn't already. I'm sure some of the players at the club see this and make jokes like, "who are you playing for next year Will"?
Poppycock Matthew Gardner GIF by Windermere

It's simple, get Will in the guts to feed it to George/LDU. We saw what he did against the Bombers and Pies last year.
And provides more defensive cover from stoppages as well.

When do you anticipate this to be the case?
Rowell has had 2 blinders. Will Phill is yet to play.

It’s not the first person out of the stadium that wins the marathon.
Patience grasshopper

Jay Clark was also upset that we didn't tank for pick 1 last year.

Jay Clark is also a massive flog......Desperate for ANY headline. The bloke is a dickh*ad IMO, can't stand him.
Jay Clark sounds like he inhales Helium from a balloon before he speaks..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back