2nd COVID breach for Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Stack had a very rough upbringing, and seems to not be smart enough to break the poor habits he formed as a result of being shipped around from home to home during his adolescence. No true supports in broken homes whilst being surrounded by bad influences tends to put kids down a bad path. Many people break the shackles of their upbringing, but some just can’t do that; sometimes it’s out of their control, but other times (like Sydney) they’re almost it seems like people are simply too stupid to comprehend how self-destructive they are.
Pretty sad to hear. I wonder what can be done to address these factors in their youth stage. Taking children away from their parents has a particularly bad history in this country, but there's got to be some other measure that can make a difference. There will be more Sydney Stacks until the root causes are addressed.

If I speed in a car I could lose control and kill someone so I'd be fined for speeding if caught, nothing more, unless it leads to an accident. Even if I sped a couple of times I'd still only get a fine. Amazingly, thousands of people speed each and every day. On the other hand Stack doesn't have COVID so couldn't possibly infect anyone. All he did was break a law/rule.

Stack doesn't know that he doesn't have COVID when he breaks the rule. If you speed in a car you might kill one person. If you spread COVID you could kill thousands of people. I'm not sure what your point is exactly.

Pretty sad to hear. I wonder what can be done to address these factors in their youth stage. Taking children away from their parents has a particularly bad history in this country, but there's got to be some other measure that can make a difference. There will be more Sydney Stacks until the root causes are addressed.
70% of the world lives on less than $5.50 per day. That 70% have it a lot harder than this bloke and they can follow rules. He's a special case apparently (along with his mates and the other usual suspects).

He's going to miss a chunk of pre-season.

In solitary until the 6th of Jan until his hearing, then he goes to trial.

There's apparently a waiting list of 100 in a similar situation to his in WA.

If he's refused bail again, which is a possibility given his past, he might spend most of Jan in there until it's resolved.

It's going to be interesting how Richmond and by extension the AFL handle this.

Having an active listed player in jail, during pre-season isn't a good look, I think the AFL will step in here.....

Last edited:
70% of the world lives on less than $5.50 per day. That 70% have it a lot harder than this bloke and they can follow rules. He's a special case apparently (along with his mates and the other usual suspects).
70% of the world are not in Australia. We can't solve all the world's problems, but we can address what happens to our youth in Australia to ensure they become better members of society. Shouldn't we want to have a better society?

He's going to miss a chunk of pre-season.

In solitary until the 6th of Jan until his hearing, then he goes to trial.

There's apparently a waiting list of 100 in a similar situation to his in WA.

If he's refused bail again, which is a possibility given his past, he might spend most of Jan in there until it's resolved.

It's going to be interesting how Richmond and by extension the AFL handle this.
Having an active listed player in jail, during pre-season isn't a good look, I think the AFL will step in here.....
Richmond will have access to excellent legal professionals nationwide. If they want him back, they’ll find a way to expedite a hearing. If they don’t want him back, we won’t see them push hard.

Still, he’s had one Covid related incident already. Really poor form if he breached quarantine and was fighting on the street if true.

Stack doesn't know that he doesn't have COVID when he breaks the rule. If you speed in a car you might kill one person. If you spread COVID you could kill thousands of people. I'm not sure what your point is exactly.
The point is that he has a 1 in a million chance of having the virus considering there was no virus in Vic,SA or WA at the time.

I just hope that the club, the afl and the AFLPA can sit together and figure something out. The AFLPA are usually terrific at their job. Maybe Richmond keep him on the list but as long as he undertakes some training and hopefully gets some help with his drinking habits that are obviously causing a lot of trouble. Feel sad for him, just hope he can get the help he needs and can use his talents on the footy field again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I speed in a car I could lose control and kill someone so I'd be fined for speeding if caught, nothing more, unless it leads to an accident. Even if I sped a couple of times I'd still only get a fine. Amazingly, thousands of people speed each and every day. On the other hand Stack doesn't have COVID so couldn't possibly infect anyone. All he did was break a law/rule.

Can one person speeding threaten thousands of people's lives and potentially shut down the economy?

I just hope that the club, the afl and the AFLPA can sit together and figure something out. The AFLPA are usually terrific at their job. Maybe Richmond keep him on the list but as long as he undertakes some training and hopefully gets some help with his drinking habits that are obviously causing a lot of trouble. Feel sad for him, just hope he can get the help he needs and can use his talents on the footy field again.

What about the disadvantaged kid not drafted who does everything they can to get on a AFL list? Potentially just as talented and is willing to follow the rules.

Stack can go join Taylor in the state leagues and if he pulls his finger out, grow up and IF he stays out of trouble earns his third....forth chance.

Going to go against the flow here and suggest that it's crazy that he's in prison and locked away until January.

He entered WA on the 10th. Therefore his 14 days is up on the 24th. I have no issue with him being in the worlds strictest gulag until the 24th, but after that he should be bailed and allowed to get back in to the community until his case goes to trial.

There's no scientific logic for restarting his 14 days isolation. He can't have caught covid in WA. There's a 1 in 1 billion chance he could've caught it at Adelaide airport on the 10th, so that's when he does 14 days from.

A stupid idiot who deserves to spend the rest of his isolation period in prison and deserves a punishment after that, but further locking him up now and in isolation doesn't seem right. He isn't a threat to the community once his 14 days from the 10th is up.

Going to go against the flow here and suggest that it's crazy that he's in prison and locked away until January.

He entered WA on the 10th. Therefore his 14 days is up on the 24th. I have no issue with him being in the worlds strictest gulag until the 24th, but after that he should be bailed and allowed to get back in to the community until his case goes to trial.

There's no scientific logic for restarting his 14 days isolation. He can't have caught covid in WA. There's a 1 in 1 billion chance he could've caught it at Adelaide airport on the 10th, so that's when he does 14 days from.

A stupid idiot who deserves to spend the rest of his isolation period in prison and deserves a punishment after that, but further locking him up now and in isolation doesn't seem right. He isn't a threat to the community once his 14 days from the 10th is up.

Pro tip, he's spending more time in Jail than just the Christmas period. Second covid quarantine breach, deliberately broke a compassionate quarantine dispensation to get into the state, never went into quarantine in WA and was busted fighting in public at night time in the busiest part of Perth.

All in the state which has and will continue to go harder than any other against quarantine offenders.

WA is the only state of Australia not in recession and it was largely due to the hard border allowing us to keep almost everything open and meaning more of the mining and construction jobs went to WA people. In an election year Stack has no chance.

FYI two children tested positive in the Darwin quarantine facility two days before reaching 14 days.

So that is why he is in isolation quarantine in jail. It gets loose in jails that is really bad.

Tough justice sure.......but idiots don't get any favours.

He's locked up for breaking the law though isn't he? Not to perform isolation

He's locked up for breaking the law though isn't he? Not to perform isolation
His isolation gets reset for 14 more days in prison apparently, and that seems to be a major reason why he's been denied bail. As I said, lock him up now, but when his 14 days removed from the Adelaide airport are over then treat him normally.
FYI two children tested positive in the Darwin quarantine facility two days before reaching 14 days.

So that is why he is in isolation quarantine in jail. It gets loose in jails that is really bad.

Tough justice sure.......but idiots don't get any favours.
Until the 24th he needs to be in isolation, I just don't get why that period would start again for a full 14 days, there's no one he could've caught it from in WA.

After the 24th he should be allowed in the gen pop, or bailed so he's not in for christmas and can actually start rebuilding his life whilst awaiting trial.
Pro tip, he's spending more time in Jail than just the Christmas period. Second covid quarantine breach, deliberately broke a compassionate quarantine dispensation to get into the state, never went into quarantine in WA and was busted fighting in public at night time in the busiest part of Perth.

All in the state which has and will continue to go harder than any other against quarantine offenders.

WA is the only state of Australia not in recession and it was largely due to the hard border allowing us to keep almost everything open and meaning more of the mining and construction jobs went to WA people. In an election year Stack has no chance.
Jesse Hogan got an $8,000 fine and spent the rest of his isolation in a hotel. Surely there's a fair bit of margin between an $8,000 fine and weeks + in prison?

Has he been charged with anything from the fight? It didn't look like the kind of thing that would result in charges, no one made any contact. It's a terrible look but I don't particularly care if he was out on the drink and fighting or if he was down at Coles buying broccoli. A breach is a breach.

Clearly frightened of a re-match with Jack Viney after taking him on the blind-side, and is doing everything in his power to avoid it. I recall he was unavailable this year vs MFC due to a ruptured tearduct.

70% of the world are not in Australia. We can't solve all the world's problems, but we can address what happens to our youth in Australia to ensure they become better members of society. Shouldn't we want to have a better society?

Teaching our youth that there are consequences to actions might be a very good start, doncha think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back