2nd Test Australia v Pakistan Dec 26--30 1000hrs @ the MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm wondering whether a player from a minnow team with a test average of 34 would be recognisable to anbody outside of PhatBoy

Whoever he plays for and whatever he scores, he made a test century here 12 months ago and has been touring here for nearly a decade. And he actually does well when he plays here.

I’d have thought most cricket fans would have some awareness

Whoever he plays for and whatever he scores, he made a test century here 12 months ago and has been touring here for nearly a decade. And he actually does well when he plays here.

I’d have thought most cricket fans would have some awareness
He was good here last time Phat, hopefully he continues that form. How are the bowlers looking with so many unavailable? Joseph replacing Joseph makes names easy at least.

He was good here last time Phat, hopefully he continues that form. How are the bowlers looking with so many unavailable? Joseph replacing Joseph makes names easy at least.

Concerning is something of an understatement: not so much the figures but the lack of experience for most of them. It will be a big shock to the system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerning is something of an understatement: not so much the figures but the lack of experience for most of them. It will be a big shock to the system
I would have thought that the bowling is just ok? Alzarri Joseph and Roach have plenty of experience. It’s a shame that Seales is injured, but it sounds like Shamar Joseph has some talent. Kevin Sinclair also should be a capable international cricketer.

Hopefully they’re able to play beyond their collective experience. Will help if the batters can give them something to bowl at.

I would have thought that the bowling is just ok? Alzarri Joseph and Roach have plenty of experience. It’s a shame that Seales is injured, but it sounds like Shamar Joseph has some talent. Kevin Sinclair also should be a capable international cricketer.

The bowling is never short of ability but discipline is always the concern and Joseph himself is really emblematic of that, he has a horrible knack of getting hit for a few runs and completely lacking the fortitude to getting back to just bowling an over of deliveries in the channel to settle things down.

It’s a shame that age and a few injuries have seen Gabriel’s career peter out a bit as he had finally gotten the knack of test bowling and become a good honest performer and he brought some real pace and aggression to the attack.

The bowling is never short of ability but discipline is always the concern and Joseph himself is really emblematic of that, he has a horrible knack of getting hit for a few runs and completely lacking the fortitude to getting back to just bowling an over of deliveries in the channel to settle things down.

It’s a shame that age and a few injuries have seen Gabriel’s career peter out a bit as he had finally gotten the knack of test bowling and become a good honest performer and he brought some real pace and aggression to the attack.
What do you think of the batting? I would go:

1. Brathwaite
2. Chanderpaul
3. McKenzie
4. Athanaze
5. Hodge
6. Imlach
7. Da Silva
8. Sinclair

I’d consider playing both Motie and Sinclair but I reckon the Windies need the extra batsman.

What do you think of the batting? I would go:

1. Brathwaite
2. Chanderpaul
3. McKenzie
4. Athanaze
5. Hodge
6. Imlach
7. Da Silva
8. Sinclair

I’d consider playing both Motie and Sinclair but I reckon the Windies need the extra batsman.

As much as I want us to try and win, I always want that, the sheer reality of the situation with such an inexperienced team is that I just want us to compete so I would be happy enough with something like that just to try and compete. We won’t win so try and get some experience into these guys against a world class team and see if we can compete and push the Australian bowlers and make some good scores. I think that top 5 can post some totals.

Holder really does leave a big big hole in the side on paper even if he had a quiet tour here last summer

Don't think I could name 1 West Indies player.

Chanderpaul still playing?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I originally thought you meant Shiv Chanderpaul but I'll keep my reply up anyway..

Tiktok went into mini meltdown because Ambrose did his all time best Windies team and didn't have Chanderpaul in it.

So if Lyon takes more wickets than Warne does that mean he goes into Australias best ever team instead of Warne?

hehe.

I originally thought you meant Shiv Chanderpaul but I'll keep my reply up anyway..

Tiktok went into mini meltdown because Ambrose did his all time best Windies team and didn't have Chanderpaul in it.
what was his batting lineup (presumably him playing in the same XI wasn't a prerequisite)? if you're including Windies all-time greats like Sobers, Viv, Lara, Richardson etc, he's probably not getting in ahead of them.

Back