Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

I just finds it remarkable that 19 rounds into the season people still think it's round onre and he's had a "limited pre-season".
He had pre-season of sort and had 15 games worth of match play, not to mention two in the JLT Series. If he isnm't fit, simple, don't play him.
Once you cross the line you are deemed fit.
willing to concede that dion was a good pick and was worth it? ;)

Sloan tore him a absolute new a-hole early and I don't care what Dimma says, when he isn't assigned a role he consistently runs forward of the contest with little accountability.
He is a premiership player which he should be congratulated for but Graham showed that draftees are also very capable of immediate output in a good side .
I don't care if someone with more knowledge then me says something that goes against my agenda, i do not like being wrong and i will say whatever to make sure i am right!!

Are you ever wrong? No, I thought not.
Time will tell going forward.
follow tigerimposters lead mate, we all get it wrong once in a while. time will tell? we already won a flag with him LOLLLL its worth it, its a success, we are in it to win flags and dion contributed big time in us doing so

Might be partying a little too hard....
FB_IMG_1507845278762.jpg
Leather poisoning from gut running and chest marks when defensive running

I don't care if someone with more knowledge then me says something that goes against my agenda, i do not like being wrong and i will say whatever to make sure i am right!!
You think someone's opinion on a topic confirms their whole knowledge . lol
Cool story bro.
I have been just as strong in the past on expressing my thoughts on plenty of players including McMahon, Nahas, Vickery , Yarran , Thomas which were all against the flow at the time .
I've learnt to cope with a little critiscm, whilst it would be a boring old site if everyone only shared the one opinion.

Cool story bro.
I have been just as strong in the past on expressing my thoughts on plenty of players including McMahon, Nahas, Vickery , Yarran , Thomas which were all against the flow at the time .
I've learnt to cope with a little critiscm, whilst it would be a boring old site if everyone only shared the one opinion.

It’s as if at this point people would rather see him fail and validate their opinion of him instead of celebrating what he has ahviced on a limited pre season and carrying a niggle

Can’t wait to see him tear the comp apart next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool story bro.
just admit you were wrong. lol prestia was proven in the gcs to be a good player, the guy got a s**t knee injury, no s**t he will take time to get back to his best. Have you even done your knee and tried to get back? that stuff takes time. Earlier in the year i knew he wasnt doing that well but i was willing to give him a break as a i knew it would be tough to dominate this season but i had faith he would come good eventually, maybe play a good game or two towards the end of the year, he surprised me and absolutely played every game well for the last month and a bit and was PIVOTAL to us winning the flag

Even if he *s up and never plays again the trade was worth it because WE WON A FLAG. Id much rather that then him playing well for 10 years and we win s**t all.

He has helped us win a flag and you are still here trying to convince us and yourself that you were right about him. youve learnt to cop criticism but you could also learn to admit you were wrong

just admit you were wrong. lol prestia was proven in the gcs to be a good player, the guy got a s**t knee injury, no s**t he will take time to get back to his best. Have you even done your knee and tried to get back? that stuff takes time. Earlier in the year i knew he wasnt doing that well but i was willing to give him a break as a i knew it would be tough to dominate this season but i had faith he would come good eventually, maybe play a good game or two towards the end of the year, he surprised me and absolutely played every game well for the last month and a bit and was PIVOTAL to us winning the flag

Even if he ****s up and never plays again the trade was worth it because WE WON A FLAG. Id much rather that then him playing well for 10 years and we win s**t all.

He has helped us win a flag and you are still here trying to convince us and yourself that you were right about him. youve learnt to cop criticism but you could also learn to admit you were wrong
I did actually have a few knee injuries over the majority of my footy career so yes I am aware of the recover time .
I'll save my judgement on whether the trade was worth it for a little longer.
If you'd like to be a little more specific in what I have been wrong on , it would be appreciated .

Last edited:
I did actually have a few knee injuries over the majority of my footy career so yes I am aware of the recover time .
If you'd like to be a little more specific in what I have been wrong on , it would be appreciated .
You definitely have been wrong about prestia all year. Said he was lazy and doesn’t run both ways(which is false) said he should be dropped for miles(bad call) started making s**t up about being a s**t 2 way runner in his draft year (also a lie) he was voted as a top 4 player on grand final day and played well in every final. It’s okay to admit you early claims of the trade already being a bust were premature.

You definitely have been wrong about prestia all year. Said he was lazy and doesn’t run both ways(which is false) said he should be dropped for miles(bad call) started making s**t up about being a s**t 2 way runner in his draft year (also a lie) he was voted as a top 4 player on grand final day and played well in every final. It’s okay to admit you early claims of the trade already being a bust were premature.
I believe he is poor defensively when he isn't assigned role. Go back and watch vision from during the year and you'll see numerous occassions where he has player watched.
I also believe he should have been dropped, his form did not warrant selection . It's an opinion for which their is no right or wrong, it's simply the view of a person.
His lack of ability to run both ways was a topic of discussion during his draft year, it's fact.
People like yourself read way more into any negative assessment of a spefic player , blow things way out of proportion , try to alter things to suit your agenda and then try to play the man .
I have no issue with you having a varied view.

human meatball basically summed it up. You were wrong. The trade was worth it as it got us a flag, that is your agenda crushed right there, your little gos at prestia mean nothing at all because i can do that to any player and go "this guy is s**t in this area" but the thing is that doesnt take away from prestias overall contribution to us winning, do you understand now?

You say he should be dropped but the coaches obviously knew he is quality and needed time to settle in, you might not agree with this but that decision paid off because we are premiers now, barely anyone here agrees with you, you are just clutching at straws now

human meatball basically summed it up. You were wrong. The trade was worth it as it got us a flag, that is your agenda crushed right there, your little gos at prestia mean nothing at all because i can do that to any player and go "this guy is s**t in this area" but the thing is that doesnt take away from prestias overall contribution to us winning, do you understand now?

You say he should be dropped but the coaches obviously knew he is quality and needed time to settle in, you might not agree with this but that decision paid off because we are premiers now, barely anyone here agrees with you, you are just clutching at straws now
The trade was worth it as it got us a flag
No single trade or player won the flag, the suggestion of such is just complete utter rubbish .
I'm quite happy that we have a varied opinion.

No single trade or player won the flag, the suggestion of such is just complete utter rubbish .
I'm quite happy that we have a varied opinion.
As in some poster was completely wrong...and the other posters were completely right...that sort of varied opinion...?!?!

I believe he is poor defensively when he isn't assigned role. Go back and watch vision from during the year and you'll see numerous occassions where he has player watched.
I also believe he should have been dropped, his form did not warrant selection . It's an opinion for which their is no right or wrong, it's simply the view of a person.
His lack of ability to run both ways was a topic of discussion during his draft year, it's fact.
People like yourself read way more into any negative assessment of a spefic player , blow things way out of proportion , try to alter things to suit your agenda and then try to play the man .
I have no issue with you having a varied view.

Those games where he didn't warrant selection on form were the games that built the platform from which he launched in September.
Seriously, he was elite in September and his management during the year facilitated it.
You were and are wrong on Prestia. It happens, no big deal. Unless you continue to defend the indefensible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back