Player Watch #3: Dion Prestia

Remove this Banner Ad

There are two certainties, which plenty argued against me, but te facrs are undeniable.
1. Prestia dors not do full pre-seasons.
2. Prestia won't play a full season.
The prosecution rests!

In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t really matter because when he is out there, he makes us a better side.
If he averages over 18 games per season plus finals games I couldn’t care less how much of the preseason he does.

There are two certainties, which plenty argued against me, but te facrs are undeniable.
The prosecution rests!

The defence would like to open their rebuttal with the following...
That may well be true in regards to the humanmeatball...
I can recall Brad Ottens not doing full pre-season training for the cats and still getting a gig in the GFs...
Did not hear the cat spporters screaming blue murder about an under done Brad getting games ahead of other cats
I am sure their are other players in the same position...mi'lord...

Why did we recruit this injury prone player, Yes he has played a few good games etc.. but it really irritates me when we go all out to sign an apparent big fish but what we have is a dude that has alot of soft tissue injuries and given he is young, it is only going to get worse as he gets older.
To win a premiership?

Why did we recruit this injury prone player, Yes he has played a few good games etc.. but it really irritates me when we go all out to sign an apparent big fish but what we have is a dude that has alot of soft tissue injuries and given he is young, it is only going to get worse as he gets older.

You must have been overseas last September so I’ll fill you in.

Prestia played a great finals series and we ended up winning the flag with a dominant midfield performance and Prestia had the second most possessions and second highest rating for the team.

So don’t stress it mate. We won the flag and he played a huge role in it. That’s why we recruited him.

The prosecution rests!

Prestia was a massive part in us winning a flag and he will be a massive part in defending it.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

We won a flag friend

The defence would like to open their rebuttal with the following...
That may well be true in regards to the humanmeatball...
I can recall Brad Ottens not doing full pre-season training for the cats and still getting a gig in the GFs...
Did not hear the cat spporters screaming blue murder about an under done Brad getting games ahead of other cats
I am sure their are other players in the same position...mi'lord...
Ottens wasn't 5 ft 8, and the Cats didn't give up $800k and pick 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One word

“PREMIERSHIP”

I don’t believe we would have got it without him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would we have Caddy if we didn't have Prestia?

They were two integral players in our Premiership squad. It is not a matter of waiting to see whether using pick 6 on Prestia is going to work out. It has already worked out for us given that we won the Premiership, so I don't see the need to complain about this trade.

The prosecution rests!
Yeah your right, it was a risk but it's paid off I reckon. If we didn't make it to the second week of finals I'd think of him a lot differently. Another thing about him is he keeps the younger guys behind him hungry cause they know at some point there gonna get a game.
Risky trade and expensive trade but it's worked out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back