Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutted for the young bloke.

He was just starting to hit his stride - hopefully we have the technology for him to make a full recovery.
4e2705d27ca91e921d41e9fa254da239.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Roughead did come back the best, albeit slightly less quicker.
Swallow was never the same. Lost that extra zip he had. Remember Swallow tested as one of the quickest over 15 metres and after he did it only really had 3 years of good footy in him left.
Kyron as well never got back anywhere near being able to contribute at AFL level.

Praying for the kid but history is not on his side. Its f***ing bullshit.

Swallow was never the same. Lost that extra zip he had. Remember Swallow tested as one of the quickest over 15 metres and after he did it only really had 3 years of good footy in him left.
Kyron as well never got back anywhere near being able to contribute at AFL level.

Seems a rare injury yet we’ve had 3 of them in what 10 years plus Bruton in the female space albeit partial tear for her

So unlucky, I’m assuming there’s not much that can be done to prevent the injury and that it’s coincidence we’ve had more than most clubs?

Seems a rare injury yet we’ve had 3 of them in what 10 years plus Bruton in the female space albeit partial tear for her

So unlucky, I’m assuming there’s not much that can be done to prevent the injury and that it’s coincidence we’ve had more than most clubs?
I blame the Arden st turf 😏

Plus Viney and Rawlings

I've had a full rupture. Local level athlete but I can move ok.

Took me a full 12 months to run freely again, but probably another 12 before I could sprint with absolute confidence. By the 3rd year post op I'd finally stopped thinking about it, thankfully I didn't lose my speed or agility.

As long as Josh's recovery isn't rushed, I'm confident he'll come back 100%. AFL treatment is obviously superior to mine but I still suspect that although we'll see him back next year, it'll take a couple of years for the full athletic package to return.

Kyron didn't fail because of the achilles though. His athleticism looked pretty good after (as good as ever), just lacked any composure and struggled to read the play- don't think we ever saw him use his leap at AFL or VFL level.

The article posted earlier gives me a lot more hope. Seems more are coming back without showing any ill effects and all much older than Goater.
Time to step up LMac, big boots to fill.

So the following things aren't "dumb s**t":

Election fraud has been a problem in the US since they started elections.
Operation Northwoods didn't happen but was proposed by the CIA and US defence personnel. They proposed using false flag attacks on their own people as an excuse to start a war with Cuba. That's what Putin did btw.
Operation Paperclip happened. So did the Gehlen Organisation and Gladio.
The WEF, IMF etc etc are sus as s**t and do nothing for people in the developing world. Its a pity that well has been poisoned by nutjobs because thirty years everyone saw thru their s**t.
JFK and RFK assasinations are both deserving of more questioning.
John D Rockerfeller (A fossil fuel tycoon like the members of the Koch family) did influence US education structures over 100 years ago and did it for the worse. The American education system is designed to produce drones for factory work, and its because Rockerfeller and his mates wanted complaint obedient people programmed by schooling (This will go down on your permanent record!!!). The Simpsons let that cat of the bag in the 90s.
The Library of Alexandria - lol History is a conspiracy theory now is it?
Tesla ... well he did invent alternate current. We are having this discussion because of Tesla.

That clown you just quoted has lumped all these things together with some very sus stuff as if they're all the same. Maybe you should stop posting every tweet you see and start being more judicious with what you post.

BTW Terrain theory v germ theory. Germ theory + terrain theory is a better description of the process. Gut biota, healthy levels of vitamin D are the two most obvious examples of both of the body's terrain being healthy promoting general health. Obviously germ theory is real but ignoring the health of your body will make you more susceptible to disease. Heart disease is a classic example. Don't eat right or exercise and you'll be more prone to it. Get stressed and you make it worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should probably read it.

You’re such an painful, obnoxious poster.

I guarantee that the vast majority here don’t actually GAF about what you post, yet you write it like we’re all awaiting your almighty opinion on every subject NMFC.

Wake up mate.

Gutted for the young bloke.

He was just starting to hit his stride - hopefully we have the technology for him to make a full recovery.
Its what makes it more *ing annoying. This was his "step up" year as Big Al put it . We really suck when it comes to the luck department the last decade or two. Hoping he can be back bigger and better than ever next season..

Zach Williams came back the same year - albeit tearing his in the pre-season.

Then by the next finals series he was BOG against Collingwood in the Prelim.

Just rewatched the game and have come away feeling more devastated for Josh, and disappointed for us as supporters we have to wait another year to see his growth.

Geez he was clean with his ball handling, composed and efficient with his disposal - he is the anti-McDonald. Parts of his game this week validated why he is such an important part of our future.

I so hope he can get back physically, and if anything, this setback will only make him mentally stronger and desperate to succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back