Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide have picks 4, 35, 40, 60, 78.

Port Adelaide have picks 38, 56 and beyond.

A pick in the 30's would be desirable but we may have to give some change.
After the way Port shafted him, you would have to think the crows in the box seat, although after the way he shafted them in 2017...... eh eh eh

The games gone past his type of player. Too slow to play midfield, and not good enough to play forward.

Quite a few players have been found out the last two or three seasons…Ollie Wines, Rory Sloane, Seb Ross, Tom Mitchell, Mitch Duncan to an extent.

The games gone past his type of player. Too slow to play midfield, and not good enough to play forward.

Quite a few players have been found out the last two or three seasons…Ollie Wines, Rory Sloane, Seb Ross, Tom Mitchell, Mitch Duncan to an extent.
Only difference is all those boys are at the tail end of their careers and over 30 so a drop in form is to be expected unlike Graham who should just be entering his prime

At a guess, I would say Port are in the box seat.

Boak should finish up this year, and if graham is the 5th/6th mid behind Butters, Rozee, JHF, Wines, Drew the he has a role to play.

He will compliment them, and play a minor support role, exactly what he did in our flag years with us.

To a top contending team, he is the last mid picked who can hold a minor role.
He is not a mid who can step up and lead a bottom teams midfield.

We will get something 1/2 decent for him in compo for the Port deal would be my guess.

James Jordon was end of second compo, as was Matthew Flynn. So Graham will be the same … although the ‘Tigers’ herbs and spices from the CFL that inflicted the Ellis compo might bring him back a band.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

James Jordon was end of second compo, as was Matthew Flynn. So Graham will be the same … although the ‘Tigers’ herbs and spices from the CFL that inflicted the Ellis compo might bring him back a band.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
if we wrap that up with a couple of second rounders we already have, and trade an trade up to some of these clubs with F/S's coming in this year, it still will be pretty vital to our draft hand!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's also too slow to be a modern day tagger which makes him redundant. Modern day taggers need to be fast with ok to good skills and pests who harass and close down their opponents. JGTI can't even keep up with his shadow so he's now obsolete and if any club takes him i will pay for all travel costs to make sure he safely arrives in his new home.

When he gets it he is still probably one of the best we have of naturally knowing what to do with it next. Which at the moment isn’t the difference between much because we are so far off the pointy things it doesn’t matter.

Maybe Port or Adelaide are keen for this type of player. Port you’d reckon only for a back up but maybe Adelaide need some brains about the place.

I've been criticising chubs on here for about 4 years, used to get a dozen people lay the boots in every time and pump him up as the next captain, elite runner, tackling machine, etc. Looks like most of his fanboys finally realised he is bloody useless. Watching him run I swear it looks like he's got a combination of shin splints, glass in his boots, ruptured haemorrhoids and some sort of chain around his goolies. I've never seen someone so young look so laboured and struggle to move as they run. We had a morbidly obese bloke in U18's they'd give the occasional run when we were 10 goals bc he was a good clubmen. He looked more graceful running than Graham. Can't wait to see who we get with our 2nd round compo pick for him.

Jordan to Sydney is a good comparison, if we get end of 2nd round pick that’s more than fair value.hopefully use that pick and other 3rds and trade up the draft order.

"How many men died that Ceasar might be great?"

It seems Jack Graham made us great and is now dead to our supporters.

Not me.

Doubt this will be well received,

Not me.
Nor me. He's not a star midfielder by any means and made his name with us playing a role, that allowed our better mids to flourish. When Yze eventually gets a more settled line up, that can play some consistent footy together, I can see Graham getting back to playing a similar role again and I can definitely see him re-signing with us much to the displeasure of a few

Nor me. He's not a star midfielder by any means and made his name with us playing a role, that allowed our better mids to flourish. When Yze eventually gets a more settled line up, that can play some consistent footy together, I can see Graham getting back to playing a similar role again and I can definitely see him re-signing with us much to the displeasure of a few
Wow you’re really out of touch with this one.

Not me.
Jack Graham didn't make us great. That's a ridiculous thing to say. The whole ethos of Richmond from 2017 through to 2020 was that it was a full team effort that was fortunate enough to have the GOAT as the cherry on top. The GOAT is definitely not Jack Graham.

I understand the romanticism of always supporting our premiership heroes and looking past their flaws because they make you feel sentimental and give you the warm fuzzy feelings inside but that's how clubs end up taking another 30 odd years to win a flag because they simply just don't know when to let go.

You're right RT he is a role player.
Role players only exceed when they have a subsection of star players around them.
Considering we don't have that, his true ability shines through and is subsequently exposed. He is currently playing in a position that is literally robbing minutes from the likes of McAuliffe etc who are going to be the future of this club.
I don't think anyone can tell me with a straight face that Jack Graham has a future at this club beyond 2025. If it was me, he'd be gone at years end.

Jack Graham didn't make us great. That's a ridiculous thing to say. The whole ethos of Richmond from 2017 through to 2020 was that it was a full team effort that was fortunate enough to have the GOAT as the cherry on top. The GOAT is definitely not Jack Graham.

I understand the romanticism of always supporting our premiership heroes and looking past their flaws because they make you feel sentimental and give you the warm fuzzy feelings inside but that's how clubs end up taking another 30 odd years to win a flag because they simply just don't know when to let go.

You're right RT he is a role player.
Role players only exceed when they have a subsection of star players around them.
Considering we don't have that, his true ability shines through and is subsequently exposed. He is currently playing in a position that is literally robbing minutes from the likes of McAuliffe etc who are going to be the future of this club.
I don't think anyone can tell me with a straight face that Jack Graham has a future at this club beyond 2025. If it was me, he'd be gone at years end.

Well history says the opposite where Richmond FC is concerned. Have a look at the turnover of players one year to the next when Graeme Richmond was calling the shots. And what sent us spiralling was him paying top dollar for outsiders and not looking after our own existing players.

Our back to back 73-74 flags had 6 of the 20 players change. In 73 we played Stewart, Rae, Hunt, Fowler, Carter and McKellar who were not there on GF day 1974. The 74 team had Andrews, Thorpe, Cumming, Richardson, Clayton, and Cloke who did not play in the 1973 team. By the time we got to 1980 only Bartlett, Bourke, Wood, Keane had played in all three flags within a 7 season span. The 6 changes 73 to 74 was on the light side for Graeme Richmond too, as it was after a flag.

Jack Graham is not a good enough inside mid to carry a position in there in our current team. As a high half forward as part of a class midfield structure that will take care of the dirty work to let the Butters Rozees Horne-Francis's etc do their thing, Jack Graham is your man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back