Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon you're tempering that with your own (not well thought out) opinion about him mate.

Critiques are best when they are balanced and analytical, and this thread has become too much of a dumbed down slag-fest, due to a couple of posters.

Check out Rob Zombie and Rick18's posting method as a means to get a better point across.
I am only going off what I read and how I interpreted it.

It’s no secret that I don’t think he is best 22.

I am not going to get into a slagfest over it, but surely Friday night showed that the back 6 won’t fall apart if he misses a game?

It’s not like trying to cover Brown, Tarrant or even Cunnington to a lesser extent.

I am only going off what I read and how I interpreted it.

There's a lot of ridiculous OTT rubbish posted about him here. Particularly when the side has played bad.

It’s no secret that I don’t think he is best 22.

Fair enough.

I am not going to get into a slagfest over it, but surely Friday night showed that the back 6 won’t fall apart if he misses a game?

It probably won't, but that doesn't mean his replacement would be better either.

It’s not like trying to cover Brown, Tarrant or even Cunnington to a lesser extent.

I agree.

I wonder how Jamie will perform under the Shaw style of attacking the ball and the man.

Imagine under different instructions he became a total gun!

He’s got lots of smarts and leadership- a new lease on life could actually be massive for him!

God knows what overcoached nonsense he’s been attempting to execute!

Imagine under different instructions he became a total gun!

He’s got lots of smarts and leadership- a new lease on life could actually be massive for him!

God knows what overcoached nonsense he’s been attempting to execute!
That's what im hoping for. He needs to get physical.

Under Shaw I too am intrigued, he isn't a bad footballer at all. With a fresh start and with a new voice, we could see some differences in his game.

Noticed he pushed forward more often than not before he got injured, seemed to have more freedom and actually used the ball well before getting injured.

I just wanna see 'kicking it from 50 on the run' Jmac back.

Well done JMac. Had a tough year on all fronts but 150 games a great milestone and reflective of the fact he's actually been a good player over the journey.
An achievement not to be sneezed at.

I look forward to Jamie having a couple of ultra talented sons and daughters who choose to play for the Swans due to JMac having moved up there post footy to further his corporate career

jmac.jpg

Jamie Macmillan
Height: 188cm
Weight: 82kg
DOB: 29/09/91
Recruited from: Scotch College/Oakleigh Chargers
Bio: Versatile player with clean hands both in the air and on the ground. Athleticism, pace and decision making are all features. Vic Metro U18 representative in 2009. Tested soundly at Draft Camp including a 10.42mins for 3km. Averaged 19 disposals for the Charges including seven contested and four tackles in 2009.

In his own words

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
Andrew Mackie. He reads the play well across half-back and can play both tall and small. Similar body type and I feel I go about it the same way he does. Mackie has a good right foot as well.

Underwhelming

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Skills on both feet and both hands and my versatility is very good. I can win my own ball and tackle well. I can read the play reasonably well and my stoppage work is OK.

Geed us all with that one Jamie

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Essendon. My Dad goes for them and it is a family tradition.

Maybe he’s a sleeper agent

Hope his rehabs coming along well

So if we have a really good win and get no injuries it will be interesting to see if he comes straight back in. I expect he will but according to some posters on here he shouldn't!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we have a really good win and get no injuries it will be interesting to see if he comes straight back in. I expect he will but according to some posters on here he shouldn't!!

I think both the pro- and anti-JMac factions (and the silent majority in between) can probably agree on one thing: he shouldn't be an automatic selection. It was very frustrating that he was under Brad.

I like Jmac, and I see his strengths. I also reckon he's best 22. I do, however, agree with LTKs sentiment. I would love to know how many hours he has worked on his tackling (extra hours to the norm I mean). I assume he has done this extra work, given that he works in a professional environment and that our coaches would have firstly identified that there is a problem, and secondly tried to address it. I accept that some athletes have subtle bio-mechanical deficiencies that mean they can't perform specific tasks the way most others can. If that task is important (ie tackling...for jmac in particular), then the athlete either has to be very good to elite in all other areas, or has to address the deficit and go a ways to fixing it.

So....what I'm getting at.....and I have asked the question on here before.... (and won't directly ask it again).... but I'm ****** if I know why he still can't execute a hard tackle and stick it at least 1/2 the time. I want him to stick them.

The tackling thing is something that is actually goes down to his positioning and momentum. When he goes hard into a contest, his tackles hurt and his opponent gets nailed.

When he is stationary and presented to pressure, his tackles are a serious issue. Seems like he can't pin the arms at all and isn't alone, some other players tend to miss these.

Too often, if he's second guessing, he will lose the contest. And this often happens when a goal against is almost a certainty if he screws up.

Needs to get some confidence in his game. No doubt the break will help.

The tackling thing is something that is actually goes down to his positioning and momentum. When he goes hard into a contest, his tackles hurt and his opponent gets nailed.

When he is stationary and presented to pressure, his tackles are a serious issue. Seems like he can't pin the arms at all and isn't alone, some other players tend to miss these.

Too often, if he's second guessing, he will lose the contest. And this often happens when a goal against is almost a certainty if he screws up.

Needs to get some confidence in his game. No doubt the break will help.
How will the break help.

I think it’s time to play him in the VFL rather than bring him straight back in after a long stint on the side lines

He does clock a lot of kms in games but unfortunately he has more meh games than he does good games

I think it’s time to play him in the VFL rather than bring him straight back in after a long stint on the side lines

He does clock a lot of kms in games but unfortunately he has more meh games than he does good games

Jamie is the same as any other player on our list in that the Brad Scott slate has now been wiped clean and he must be analysed again. I told you folks it was the coach & tactics that were killing players, and it looks like I got this one 100% correct. Jamie is no different.

Look no further than serial whipping boy Kayne Turner for proof.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back