Jeffers

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal/Penrith/LA Lakers
Would be worth losing Jones over Dawson if it came down to it (although in an ideal world i'd want to keep both).

Reactions: RW

Borgan

Senior List
Mar 20, 2014
Wollongong
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
New York Kicks
smart of him to wait til the end of the year to sign a new contract as he's earning himself more $ every game he plays. I just hope we pay up because he has quickly become one of our most important players. GUN!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MF

Good Poster, **** Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Ed Barlow
Hewett, Dawson, Heeney, Blakey.

Not a bad starting midfield in the making

S120

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
He's having an enormous impact on games in so many different ways already. I'm not sure he'll ever be a top line midfielder because I'm not sure putting on the extra weight will be easy for his body type. But also, his impact across the back and forward flanks and on a wing are already enormous.

Seriously, he's now not just our priority signing for this season but you can make the case that there's no player coming off contract next year who's more important for the long-term for us to sign up (Hewett possibly as I'd say Dawson is more important than Florent and Hayward now) or the year after that (Aliir the only contender).

Punts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
He's having an enormous impact on games in so many different ways already. I'm not sure he'll ever be a top line midfielder because I'm not sure putting on the extra weight will be easy for his body type. But also, his impact across the back and forward flanks and on a wing are already enormous.

Seriously, he's now not just our priority signing for this season but you can make the case that there's no player coming off contract next year who's more important for the long-term for us to sign up (Hewett possibly as I'd say Dawson is more important than Florent and Hayward now) or the year after that (Aliir the only contender).
Jones showed his worth last night again

Both imo are priorities

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunnybrook Farm
Jones showed his worth last night again

Both imo are priorities
I just don't want to sell the farm to keep Jones if he then ends up going after the next contract. Then you have the opposite situation where the Hawks just have everyone wanting to go & play for them, no matter how sh*t their list looks going forward, as we've just found out that Brad Hill wants to go back to Hawks...............& for less I bet. That's how much harder it is for us to maintain a list.

Top Bottom