Jul 9, 2015
Ivory Tower
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers, Gold City Royals

Jordan Dawson

Player Profile

Jordan Dawson is looking to build on a breakthrough 2019 campaign, which saw the South Australian play 20 senior games and impact all over the ground on his way to winning the Sydney Swans’ Most Improved award. The 2015 draftee can play as a forward and midfielder but is at his most influential in defence. Dawson’s pinpoint disposal out of the backline, brilliant reading of the play, strong one-on-one defending and tireless work ethic make him a vital member of Sydney’s back six. Draft history: 2015 National AFL Draft (Sydney) No. 56 overall.

Jordan Dawson

DOB: 09 April 1997
DEBUT: 2016
DRAFT: 2015
RECRUITED FROM: Robe (SA)/Sturt (SANFL)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheMase

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Awesome signing.

Have to admit was never really concerned. He can see the young group around him building towards something, why would he leave?

Kid has all the makings of a top line AFL footballer. Club have done a great job with his development.

Swan4Life

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
I wonder if they threw a 3-4 year contract at him and if so did his agent tell him that he could get more dosh after 2 years

Anyway, good to have him on board.

swannyfan

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wall St. Turtles
3 beauuudiful long i50 passes at 90%+ DE (so well controlled they looked like top spin lobs). Josh kelly would be hard pressed to top those highlights all in the one game. Surely not too many a more beautiful kick going around at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
3 beauuudiful long i50 passes at 90%+ DE (so well controlled they looked like top spin lobs). Josh kelly would be hard pressed to top those highlights all in the one game. Surely not too many a more beautiful kick going around at the moment.
Had the commentary team drooling.

Outstanding prospect for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kummerspeck

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
We used to have one bloke who was even better, but he’s working over in Perth now.
I remember when Jetta started getting some confidence in his game in 2012 and when he got the ball you were comfortable he was going to so something good with it. Dawson's not at Jetta's level yet, but the same feeling is there when he gets the ball and goes for a run.

Top Bottom