Player Watch #4 Ryan Clarke - Welcome to Sydney

Arwib

Club Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Canberra Raiders, PAFC
Sounds like about what we were getting out of hanners (last 2 years) except clarke is only 21. Also Clarke must be alot cheaper than Hanners. Sounds like a deal with alot of upside.

Any reason why North got rid of him given 20possession hard runners arent that easy to come by?
They have plenty of grunt around the ball and were trying to make him a halfback. Now they have Polec and Pittard who are upgrades on "running midfielder" and "rebounding defender" respectively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MC Bad Genius

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
I think this is a pretty good trade. As others have mentioned, his gut running will hopefully be used to replace what Hannebery brought to the team. And if his skills are described as a bit sloppy, that would still be an upgrade on Hannebery's skills from this year.

I wonder if there was a purposeful reason behind this not being a 3 way trade with Geelong and North Melbourne. Part of me thinks that maybe the Cats wouldn't have been as keen if they knew we would bring in Clarke with the pick they gave us.

nelroo

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sounds like about what we were getting out of hanners (last 2 years) except clarke is only 21. Also Clarke must be alot cheaper than Hanners. Sounds like a deal with alot of upside.

Any reason why North got rid of him given 20possession hard runners arent that easy to come by?
Butches the ball by hand and foot. A lot! Defensive side of his game is pretty weak too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nelroo

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Smugness.. wouldn’t expect anything less from self entitled COLAs..

Good luck anyway with Clarke.. your gonna need it

Top Bottom