Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I’d drop in here for some analysis on the Eddie Ford’s progress and merits if a potential senior selection in coming weeks ...

I'd like to indulge you, but its difficult to analyse the output of a young forward playing in a VFL list that is designed for opposition forwards.

Thought I’d drop in here for some analysis on the Eddie Ford’s progress and merits if a potential senior selection in coming weeks ...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
In a very poor side, Ford is progressing well. As a HFF in a weak team, his possession numbers are not high, but he shows pace and energy, and good hands; I've seen him dob a set shot from 50, so that augers well for his kicking. Major challenge has been contest marking; he's been flying for his marks without holding many, but in the shocking loss through the week he took two pack marks, which imo was a significant step forward. Has been named a couple of times as an emergency (incl today) so he is rated internally (ahead of, for example, Taylor Garner) and presumably will debut at some point this year

Thanks for the update. I think he’s got something to offer and agree it’s got to be tough playing forward in a team that’s not delivering the ball in the quantity or quality that allows him to even get in to the game and show his talents. Hopefully he gets a run soon.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In a very poor side, Ford is progressing well. As a HFF in a weak team, his possession numbers are not high, but he shows pace and energy, and good hands; I've seen him dob a set shot from 50, so that augers well for his kicking. Major challenge has been contest marking; he's been flying for his marks without holding many, but in the shocking loss through the week he took two pack marks, which imo was a significant step forward. Has been named a couple of times as an emergency (incl today) so he is rated internally (ahead of, for example, Taylor Garner) and presumably will debut at some point this year
I would play him this week. Can't do any worse than what the others in the forward line are doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Difficult circumstances in which to shine as a forward.
Perhaps he didn’t laugh at joke when he was supposed to.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For a St Kilda supporter you do sure take keen interest in North Melbourne players.

In fact a 100% of all your Bigfooty posts are about Eddie Ford degree of interest.

Tell Eddie to keep his chin up, his time will come.

For a St Kilda supporter you do sure take keen interest in North Melbourne players.

In fact a 100% of all your Bigfooty posts are about Eddie Ford degree of interest.

Tell Eddie to keep his chin up, his time will come.
Eddie’s mum or Phillyroo?..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back