AFL Autopsy 5 goal loss to Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of positives but ultimately we're not fit enough yet, we lack polish and composure compared to those top teams and we're still carrying plenty of dead weight.

I'd want to make good progress with our ability to defend transition over the course of the season. It is probably the biggest thing holding us back as as team.

Really missing Parish & Ridley now.
Agree.

Unfortunately neither of them stop the transition goals. Parish sounds like he worked on defensive efforts in the off season, and Rids is a great defender.

Need to sort out our defensive structure and/or our defensive running.

For ppl that have been at games (I was last week but right on the boundary), are we pushing up too much in offense?

Swans are playing like premiership favourites, not disgraced and the midfield over the first two games has been a massive positive.
It's only taken a decade to put together a somewhat competent midfield, maybe in another 20 years we'll have an ok forward line and defense

A "yeah, nah" game.

Yeah- there are many parts of the game to like from us.

Nah- we didn't win, make a statement.

our defense is horrible 75% of the time and this will be stated many times in this thread,but *, sometimes it was too easy for shitney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

Unfortunately neither of them stop the transition goals. Parish sounds like he worked on defensive efforts in the off season, and Rids is a great defender.

Need to sort out our defensive structure and/or our defensive running.

For ppl that have been at games (I was last week but right on the boundary), are we pushing up too much in offense?
We're jogging when the opposition have the ball

Seriously though, to have Sydney have 2-year dips then be up there for the next 4+ years. It is a joke. With the salary cap, draft etc ... there is just no way this is possible. Being as rubbish as we have for so long says something about how bad things are at the club, however, Sydney remaining around the top 4 for nearly every year since 2005 is just utter crap.

Actually a good learning experience. We learnt we can hang with the best and just need to clean up a few parts.

Both Daveys applying pressure up forward and Roberts for Heppell, helps round out the team nicely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back