Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

No. I am talking about one kick at goal today. Chill out
I'm just done with the current myopia on here where people critique the incedentals and completely miss the big picture.

In the shitshow of 2020, I'm totally over that negativity.

I'm just done with the current myopia on here where people critique the incedentals and completely miss the big picture.

In the shitshow of 2020, I'm totally over that negativity.
But let’s do it correctly then, just for you.

You know Scott won’t be doing that in 20 games time, he’ll be nailing it.

edit: sorry that’s what David King jokingly said in the telecast.

But let’s do it correctly then, just for you.

You know Scott won’t be doing that in 20 games time, he’ll be nailing it.

edit: sorry that’s what David King jokingly said in the telecast.
Ok, cool man.

Keep pumping out the positivity, God knows we all need it :thumbsu:

anotgee piece of the puzzle. We are building a good collection of kids. Give them a preseason playing together in the new look setup and there will be huge gains. These guys have trained and played as periphery types for tge last few years. Now they'll be key cogs. That means more responsibility and more opportunities within games to be part of the play.

Is going to be a slow burn player, will take time to string those games, get that fitness up, get the body bigger and then any sort of skill or adjustments to be made in his game.

But at some point, in the future, its all going to click and once it does he's not going to go away, ever. He'll be as critical as Boomer was for the team when he progressively built his game and his body, and it'll be just like his old man who was a fair unit back in the day.
Am not sure what you mean by 'slow burn'...'adjustments to his game'....it sounds negative but I assume that is not what is intended.

He came in last year and got the rising star week 1 of his career after a great pre season - you can't go any faster than that - his footy smarts were already on show.

A little bit up and down from there and then seriously injured.

He has come back in this year and picked up from game 1 last year - no second year blues - just good consistent smart footy form - finding space, kicking goals, now getting some midfield time and showing overhead ability.

Yes he will improve as you say but for me Bailey has been a standout - exceeding expectations - 'slow burn'/ 'needing adjustments' doesn't capture what I have observed compared to his peers.

In a couple of years time, the selectors won't need a "Bailey Scott" magnet as his name will be stencilled directly onto the whiteboard because he'll be the first picked every week.

He just oozes 'ultra reliable 200+ gamer*'.

*Assuming he doesn't get a godfather offer from NASA or Elon Musk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's exciting. Finds the ball, willing to run each way, kicks goals and even yesterday he should of had a ding, imo, but seemed to chose to both pass the ball and have a ding. Took a bloody nice mark too. Naysayers can get stuffed.

is the brother still in queensland? so presumably playing some footy somewhere?

Imagine a couple of Scotts, Jackson Archer, Cooper Harvey - talk about deja vu
Nope, in Melbourne now. The whole family moved down when Bailey chose us. Made the Calder Cannons squad but with no NAB League and no school footy for PEGS, the year is gone.

Photo of Darby playing for PEGS last year.

Screenshot_20200811-001009_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, in Melbourne now. The whole fanily moved down when Bailey chose us. Made the Calder Cannons squad but with no NAB League and no school footy for PEGS, the year is gone.

He's underage though, right?

If Tarryn is a Ferrari then this bloke is a Rolls Royce.

So beautifully balanced on both sides of his body and he glides across the grass, has great vision and a burst of speed that puts separation on his opponents quite easily.. that my friends will translate to A-Grade midfielder one day.

I think the whole universe - including himself was thinking he would kick that goal on the run, but the little burst of speed as the defender was closing in (straight after some running bounces) to give him the separation and allow him to steady-up and have a shot was the reason he missed, he was gassed..

Like Kingy said, in 20 more games he kicks it and boy I cant wait to see him run around in 2021 and beyond!

If Tarryn is a Ferrari then this bloke is a Rolls Royce.

I reckon it's the other way around Sherm.

I tipped Bailey would get out of the blocks quicker, whereas I reckon Tarryn will be more of the slow burn type (which will no doubt have people whining about him soon enough).

IMO, Tarryn would benefit significantly by playing a string of VFL matches until he gets his stats count up consistently, although I don't know how that could be achieved now. He'll be good, no doubt about that, but I reckon he will still take a while yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back