Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m so pumped for Bailey - fell out of form and lost a bit of confidence but went back into a struggling VFL team and found some form, not easy to do.

He’s obviously got serious ticker as I’m sure he hasn’t done many run with roles prior to Saturday night. Can’t wait to see his back half of the year and his continued development.

Good to see Bailey come back on and do a job

Dan Woods - North Media

After spending some time proving form and fitness at VFL level, Bailey Scott came back into North Melbourne’s senior side this weekend for the first time since Round 5.

Fans are used to seeing Scott on the wing, and he even played as an inside midfielder at times in the VFL, however he executed an unfamiliar role to near perfection against the Saints.

Deployed in a defensive forward position, his motivation was to limit the impact of the dangerous Brad Hill, a task he took to with aplomb.

Hill finished with just six disposals - his fewest since his debut in 2012 - at just 50 per cent efficiency as he struggled to shake the presence of Scott.

Scott, on the other hand, finished with 14 touches - two higher than his career average - at 85 per cent efficiency, showing his effectiveness not just as a defensive forward, but also his capability to use the ball well.

David Noble says Scott’s high standard of running ability means he’s well suited to the defensive forward role, and he could be utilised in the position more in the future.

“Bailey’s role was to not just be nullifier, but certainly the bounce out of their back end came from a different sector … I thought he was outstanding,” Noble said.

“His pre-season was really impressive. He was in our top three runners, he’s certainly got that capacity and running power.

“Through pre-season we had him as a wing, but those high half-forward roles are pretty demanding as well. He’s certainly got good capacity to generate either as a half-forward or wing rotation.”

“I can’t comment on his (Hill’s) game … [but] we forced them to move him in the end … it’s probably the first role as a defensive forward [Scott] has played for us and I thought he executed it to an absolute tee.”

Coaches votes

St Kilda v North Melbourne
9 Luke Dunstan (STK)
8 Paddy Ryder (STK)
7 Jack Steele (STK)
2 Tarryn Thomas (NMFC)
2 Aaron Hall (NMFC)
1 Bailey Scott (NMFC)
1 Ben McKay (NMFC)

I'm fairly certain I know which coach gave him one vote.

I'm fairly certain I know which coach gave him one vote.
I'm trying to work it out myself, but it's not so obvious. After all, Rattan would have to be impressed with a young bloke of Scott's experience level making his prize $1m superstar look like a turkey.

Pretty decent highlights package for a bloke who "didn't even want to try to touch the ball"

Yes, Ratten wants to have a close look at how a skinny 20 year old kid was winning the ball ahead of his high priced import.

Look what I found in the wayback machine.:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

View attachment 1142781

seriously grow up, in the words of Whitlam...“ it’s time “.

who are you ? You think you have a right to be the ‘ moral police ‘? FFS man ,Relax and enjoy life , there’s enough people around trying to take us down . Why not show some solidarity to a guy that clearly loves the club .
if ya wanna go a poster, oh I’m up for it . I’m not proud of it , but yeah I’m capable of stooping to your level. You have so much to teach people and ya don’t *en see it . * that’s frustrating. Amd that was a back handed compliment if you didn’t pick it up.

who are you ? You think you have a right to be the ‘ moral police ‘? FFS man ,Relax and enjoy life , there’s enough people around trying to take us down . Why not show some solidarity to a guy that clearly loves the club .
if ya wanna go a poster, oh I’m up for it . I’m not proud of it , but yeah I’m capable of stooping to your level. You have so much to teach people and ya don’t fu**en see it . fu** that’s frustrating. Amd that was a back handed compliment if you didn’t pick it up.

Snake must be either an AFL or * plant.
Anti everything NMFC

if ya wanna go a poster, oh I’m up for it . I’m not proud of it , but yeah I’m capable of stooping to your level. You have so much to teach people and ya don’t fu**en see it . fu** that’s frustrating. Amd that was a back handed compliment if you didn’t pick it up.

Why, because I showed you up as a goose for jumping the gun with young North players (McKay)?

You can piss right off.

Why, because I showed you up as a goose for jumping the gun with young North players (McKay)?

You can piss right off.

Oh dear, look you can say what you like and whether you showed me up or not really isn't relevant. You've so much to teach and if you morderated your behaviour you'd have people eating out of your hand. Yeah I got it wrong with McKay, won't be the last time I'm wrong either.

And I'm right with what I just said, it dawned on me just today why you piss me off so much. Now I understand it. Your call of course and hey we are the masters of our destiny after all.

Think when they look back of BF in 1000 years, you'll be classified as 'wasted talent' Just my opinion of course.

Oh dear, look you can say what you like and whether you showed me up or not really isn't relevant. You've so much to teach and if you morderated your behaviour you'd have people eating out of your hand. Yeah I got it wrong with McKay, won't be the last time I'm wrong either.

And I'm right with what I just said, it dawned on me just today why you piss me off so much. Now I understand it. Your call of course and hey we are the masters of our destiny after all.

Think when they look back of BF in 1000 years, you'll be classified as 'wasted talent' Just my opinion of course.
You're not the only one with that opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he’s got more in him than to be a negator, but if it’s used as lessons on how to run attacking lines for a season can’t be too upset.

Whitfield one of the best two way outside players in the game and Scott will have to work his arse off to stop him.
Jacobs did the same. Was a pure negater and then he built up his average disposal numbers.

Your constant put downs only show one person in a negative light.

I want you to really understand that I honestly do not care what you or the rest of "The Heathers" think of me.

In light of this fact, any further wastage of bandwidth just constitutes acts of virtue signaling on your own behalf, aimed at the lowest common denominator.

I want you to really understand that I honestly do not care what you or the rest of "The Heathers" think of me.

In light of this fact, any further wastage of bandwidth just constitutes acts of virtue signaling on your own behalf, aimed at the lowest common denominator.
Lol, you're like a * supporter telling us how much they don't care about a supposed rivalry.
If you really don't care, perhaps shut up and focus on the footy.

Lol, you're like a * supporter telling us how much they don't care about a supposed rivalry.
If you really don't care, perhaps shut up and focus on the footy.

Nah not an * supporter.
He turned anti north around the time Joyce was given the flick.
So he’s Cam Joyce 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back