Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m sick of people defending paid professionals who are a big reason this club is such a rabble.
As disappointing as this game is I have a good understanding of where the club is at the moment. We have to accept that times are going to be tough.
I’m sick of people defending paid professionals who are a big reason this club is such a rabble.
I know that I prefer to be a true supporter of the club rather than someone who consistently bags the club. ( not saying you do)
We are in a rebuild and unfortunately it going to take time.

As disappointing as this game is I have a good understanding of where the club is at the moment. We have to accept that times are going to be tough.
I know that I prefer to be a true supporter of the club rather than someone who consistently bags the club. ( not saying you do)
We are in a rebuild and unfortunately it going to take time.
Lol. So because we are in a rebuild we should keep picking players who aren’t good enough in positions they’re not suited to?

Deary me.

When I first saw this kid, I thought he’d play 200 games plus. But he has not come on at all. Not at all.

19 touches today - don’t think more than 5 would’ve been meaningful.

Really disappointed where Scott’s footy is at.
Another failure.

Soft and now can’t even run or distribute the footy.

How many can we delist?

Thought he’s been good but his kicking was just terrible. He’s got a good footy brain but fu** too need to be able to execute basic drop punts - pressure or no pressure.

I think it’s a composure thing because he can kick well enough, we’ve seen him do it. It doesn’t matter though because whether it’s composure or skill his kicking is killing his game.

The guys that constantly miss easy targets always have flaws in their kicking technique. Foot isn’t straight, hand doesn’t guide the ball onto
the foot for long enough etc etc.How we don’t address those, particularly with someone like Boomer down there is beyond me. Amateur hour.

The guys that constantly miss easy targets always have flaws in their kicking technique. Foot isn’t straight, hand doesn’t guide the ball onto
the foot for long enough etc etc.How we don’t address those, particularly with someone like Boomer down there is beyond me. Amateur hour.

Good point. They don’t spend much time on technique from what I’ve seen. I reckon that would be across the board in the AFL.

It’s more something that individuals have to seek out for themselves. You hear occasionally that someone like Dermi or Carey is working with a forward.

I have seen Boomer going through how to snap properly with Atley back when he was a forward.

I spose once you make it to the AFL your skills should already be top shelf, that’s why they get drafted.

He’s trying hard to break the lines.

Disposal is letting him down, as highlighted.

But I like his burgeoning run and carry.

And he’s very, very good at not going to ground. I rate that.

Good point. They don’t spend much time on technique from what I’ve seen. I reckon that would be across the board in the AFL.

It’s more something that individuals have to seek out for themselves. You hear occasionally that someone like Dermi or Carey is working with a forward.

I have seen Boomer going through how to snap properly with Atley back when he was a forward.

I spose once you make it to the AFL your skills should already be top shelf, that’s why they get drafted.
I remember that Shane Crawford was a self confessed poor handballer and kicker in his early days. I’ve heard him speak about how much work he did to improve his disposal and the guy turned himself into a reliable kick and hand baller and ultimately a Brownlow medalist. Would love to hear a story from any of our players about how they’d improved something in their game.

He’s trying hard to break the lines.

Disposal is letting him down, as highlighted.

But I like his burgeoning run and carry.

And he’s very, very good at not going to ground. I rate that.
I agree - I liked his run and carry and I would like to see a larger sample size of him playing the running half back role before writing him off.

I must admit I had to rewind that play where he missed the target by going OOF - I couldn't believe it was him missing that target under no pressure - but that said I am keen to see what he can deliver over the next few weeks with Hall out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember that Shane Crawford was a self confessed poor handballer and kicker in his early days. I’ve heard him speak about how much work he did to improve his disposal and the guy turned himself into a reliable kick and hand baller and ultimately a Brownlow medalist. Would love to hear a story from any of our players about how they’d improved something in their game.
Jy could barely make a 30 metre set shot when he started; he kicked one from 45 on an angle against Hawks in R1. A number of our boys are improving at an individual level, but the team is not clicking, partly I think for want of confidence (and trust in each other). It will take time

Another failure.

Soft and now can’t even run or distribute the footy.

How many can we delist?
Does Gavin Brown need to be shown the door at seasons end?
So many young players have regressed over the last 5 years under his watchful eye……

Does Gavin Brown need to be shown the door at seasons end?
So many young players have regressed over the last 5 years under his watchful eye……
Who?

2017 - LDU, WWalker, Xerri and Hayden? WWalker can't be blamed on Brown and even Hayden is still on the list even tho he is pick 62...
2018 - TT, Taylor, Scott. Scott hasn't gone backwards. He's getting more of the ball than ever and learning a new role off hbf.
2019 - Mahony, Perez and Comben. Okay so maybe Mahony has gone a little backwards in the last fortnight.
2020 - Phillips, Powell, Lazzaro, Spicer and Ford.
2021 - Well yeah JHF is definitely regressing in front of our very eyes.

JFC do some of you people just type s**t for the sake of it. The only players you might say have gone backwards are Hayden at pick 62 - just not getting regular footy, waste of a pick. And Mahony in the last three weeks.

Meanwhile Jy Simpkin has just won a B&F as a midfielder after being drafted as an LT replacement. BUckets is one of the best young KPDs in the comp. Larkey is on track for a 50 goal season - pick 73, Zurhaar is worth a pick in the top 20 even tho he was a rookie, LDU averaged 25 possessions per game after the bye last season and has his best and most consistent start to a season despite being knocked out after two games, Xerri is able to play ruck at a senior level, TT was averaging around 20 and 1 goal after the bye last season and Taylor and Scott are doing well for picks in the late 40s. Even Perez and Comben are looking like making it despite being very speculative picks in the 30s. And no one can say Mahony hasn't got the best he could have out of himself.

Which young players have regressed under Brown then?

Which idiot let this bloke take kick outs

Worst kick in the team

No better by hand where he sells players into trouble

Vfl level player
There’s 10-15 blokes worse then him tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back