Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

You used to be a fair analyst of footballers once upon a time, but I don't reckon you're as sure of yourself any more, and I guess it's most likely due to modern tactics.

There's no worries about Bailey as a footballer. A robot? Well, that's another thing.
You were once upon a time as well. It's been a while though.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

You were once upon a time as well. It's been a while though.

Fair enough mate. I don't believe fundamentals ever go out of fashion, and if I go the way of the dinosaur, then so be it.

He has shown too much across all three years to be simply labeled as "no good". From what i can tell he has some very good attributes that are clearly best suited to a wing role and i cannot for the life of me understand why we have flipped him around so much, sometimes playing him as a deep forward. We are crying out for elite running defensive wing man and we have this kid languishing in the 2's.
I said "maybe". Too much is taken as a sweeping statement. And I know we all have a soft spot for due to his old man. I'm looking at him as another player, not son of Robert.

He wouldn't be the first kid to start well and fall away, nor would he be the first kid to start well, fall away and come good again.

He wouldn't be the first kid to start well and fall away, nor would he be the first kid to start well, fall away and come good again.

He needs adequate support around him to get better and at the moment our VFL side is Siberia.

I said "maybe". Too much is taken as a sweeping statement. And I know we all have a soft spot for due to his old man. I'm looking at him as another player, not son of Robert.

Yeah that's the thing about NMFC BF, everyone is good/great yet we've been shithouse for 20 years. Ya not bottom of the ladder if you're filled to the brim with quality footballers. Also ya not having a ten year run with a 51% win/loss ratio if ya filled to the brim with good/great footballers.

Yes our lack of direction hasn't assisted these youngsters one bit nor our horrid fitness program. We.Will.See.

What horse s**t.

With an ounce of injury luck, we genuinely contend for the 2016 premiership.

Everything from that point onward has been one ginormous cluster *. Five years later and North should be rising again now, not (all time) bottoming out.

Yeah that's the thing about NMFC BF, everyone is good/great yet we've been shithouse for 20 years. Ya not bottom of the ladder if you're filled to the brim with quality footballers. Also ya not having a ten year run with a 51% win/loss ratio if ya filled to the brim with good/great footballers.

Yes our lack of direction hasn't assisted these youngsters one bit nor our horrid fitness program. We.Will.See.

BF posters overrating North players? Sounds like a stretch. I mean it's not as if anyone was suggesting Higgo was worth a first-rounder and BB at least two....

BF posters overrating North players? Sounds like a stretch. I mean it's not as if anyone was suggesting Higgo was worth a first-rounder and BB at least two....

Hey, some folks can see future players, and some can't.

What horse sh*t.

With an ounce of injury luck, we genuinely contend for the 2016 premiership.

Everything from that point onward has been one ginormous cluster fu**. Five years later and North should be rising again now, not (all time) bottoming out.

51% win/loss ratio isn't false it's factual. That's not good enough. Man we lost the 2016 elimination final by 700 goals. I do agree we should be rising now and not bottoming out. But we're here and need to make the best of a shite siuation.

If I have to point out basic facts like the 2016 mid season injury toll, it's effect on the elimination final, and the fact that we're 31 from 89 (34.83%) since 2016, then it's not much point continuing this.

34.83% since 2016 is not even a significant issue, it's the fact that we're 0-6 & 46% in 2021, and millions of dollars have been pissed up against the wall due to administrative incompetence.

Yep, all those clowns that put him in the under 18 All Australian team were complete idiots.
U18 all aus team does not always correlate to being a good player at afl level. Jordan Gallucci, chayce Jones, kieren a few of many players who were all aus, got drafted high and couldn’t cut it afl level. Some make the all aus team and don’t even get drafted.

If I have to point out basic facts like the 2016 mid season injury toll, it's effect on the elimination final, and the fact that we're 31 from 89 (34.83%) since 2016, then it's not much point continuing this.

34.83% since 2016 is not even a significant issue, it's the fact that we're 0-6 & 46% in 2021, and millions of dollars have been pissed up against the wall due to administrative incompetence.

I was at that final and it had all the stink of inevitability about it. I knew we were done and so did the group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I agree with you and ok you're focusing on 2016, I prefer to cast an eye wider at what has been a horrid shitstorm for many years. Our admin was the worst in the league.

I am prepared to give the current incumbents a chance, we have to I guess. I also appreciate that you hate that we delisted footballers that while having their faults would have made us more competitive.

Therein lies the problem, why did we need them in the first place. On Bailey it would by near on impossible to play well with those teammates he was surrounded by last night. He was never going to shine.

Just we should hold fire until this time next year, if we're in the same hole, then I'll jump on board.

IMO, you're on the money, and you need look no further than how the current game plan breaks down in the midfield and at half forward, in order to explain Bailey's current lapse.

If you read this crap Bailey, then just grind away and stick fat mate, as I have no doubt about your ability whatsoever. This is as much an exercise in mental adversity development as physical development.
Needs to build his tank and needs to get away from the dead zone that is half forward.

Has showed signs up forward and on a wing. But needs to chuck on some kgs and steady up before disposing by foot

Blown away at his drop off.

Should have been the sam gibson upgrade we needed.

I thought he'd be a running machine. Send him to LMac's pre-season school of gut running and pulling your finger out before your career passes you by

He looked one of the better players in the pre-season. I think he will come good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back