Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's turned into that then IMO it says more about the club than it does about Bailey.

Kid had a bunch of tools

Could find the footy
Stay involved with repeat efforts
then finish after the repeat efforts
and a commodity that for some reason is seemingly lost in modern footy, he kept his feet.

He had all of that before he got to us. Now if instead of building on it, it's been eroded, then IMO that is on the club more than it is on the kid.

If he's turned into that then IMO it says more about the club than it does about Bailey.

Kid had a bunch of tools

Could find the footy
and a commodity that for some reason is seemingly lost in modern footy, he kept his feet.

He had all of that before he got to us. Now if instead of building on it, it's been eroded, then IMO that is on the club more than it is on the kid.

He was as impressive as Tom Powell as an 18 year old.

Kid had a bunch of tools

Could find the footy

He had all of that before he got to us. Now if instead of building on it, it's been eroded, then IMO that is on the club probably more than it is on the kid.

Yeah hard to disagree with any of that, we'll see I suppose. As tough as it is going to be ( waiting ) next preseason will give us our best indicator of our internal level of expectation.

Will we see Scott put on some weight, will we see those poor trainers moved on. Will we see our strength and conditioning staff burnt at the stake...

Yeah hard to disagree with any of that, we'll see I suppose. As tough as it is going to be ( waiting ) next preseason will give us our best indicator of our internal level of expectation.

Will we see Scott put on some weight, will we see those poor trainers moved on. Will we see our strength and conditioning staff burnt at the stake...

He has the benefit of time. However it ain't going to be easy.

Right now it would be fantastic if our VFL didn't resemble Flemington thirds and more an actual VFL side.

in fact the idea of being able to play Bailey through the midfield on the outside and Phillips to run the midfield at VFL level would likely yield decent results next year.

As to the not putting on size, how did anyone not look at a photo of Robert Scott and say, see that, that is where we need you. a ball of muscle. when you couple it with the things he naturally had, well that just screams footballer.

Will be one of those players who will play well with better players around him.
He looks like his confidence is shoot.
Playing in the reserves is only making it worse
It'd likely be ok if we had an actual VFL quality side around him.

Right now we just don't.

mate it would seem I keep getting up, I'm still not sure on what type of player Curtis is tbh?

That draft year has had the absolute worst from the club.

3 coaches all with different plans and the off field stuff being ridiculous, THey have known little other than us being rabble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's very much looking that way. Has gone backwards since his first year.

Thought this year would be the year he'd really kick on.

He was pretty good last year, thought he'd added some strings to his bow with forward craft.

But yep, dropped right off this year.

That said, I've left a job because the senior management was a shitshow where I had four GMs in 12 months and it was hampering my ability to do my job and taking me backwards.

Bailey's experience of three coaches in his short time will have done the same imo.

Will be one of those players who will play well with better players around him.
He looks like his confidence is shoot.
Playing in the reserves is only making it worse

Well, you could say that for just about all the kids KG, which begs the question as to why suitable support is not there at BOTH levels of football.

The game plan is designed for 100+ game footballers, not kids, and that stands out like dogs balls.

Maybe Bailey is just no good? He wouldn't be the first kid to start off well then fall away.

Yep, all those clowns that put him in the under 18 All Australian team were complete idiots.

Yep, all those clowns that put him in the under 18 All Australian team were complete idiots.
He wouldn't be the first kid to get junior rep honours and not cut it at the highest level.

He's got time. He's hardly a write. But sometimes the romance of a F/S loses out to reality.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

He wouldn't be the first kid to get junior rep honours and not cut it at the highest level.

He's got time. He's hardly a write. But sometimes the romance of a F/S loses out to reality.

You used to be a fair analyst of footballers once upon a time, but I don't reckon you're as sure of yourself any more, and I guess it's most likely due to modern tactics.

There's no worries about Bailey as a footballer. A robot? Well, that's another thing.

He's at a similar point to when Spitta spent a year in the VFL.

But the VFL at the moment is more rabble than the senior side.

Who ordered the s**t sandwich with extra stink?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
He has shown too much across all three years to be simply labeled as "no good". From what i can tell he has some very good attributes that are clearly best suited to a wing role and i cannot for the life of me understand why we have flipped him around so much, sometimes playing him as a deep forward. We are crying out for elite running defensive wing man and we have this kid languishing in the 2's.

He has shown too much across all three years to be simply labeled as "no good". From what i can tell he has some very good attributes that are clearly best suited to a wing role and i cannot for the life of me understand why we have flipped him around so much, sometimes playing him as a deep forward. We are crying out for elite running defensive wing man and we have this kid languishing in the 2's.

IMO, you're on the money, and you need look no further than how the current game plan breaks down in the midfield and at half forward, in order to explain Bailey's current lapse.

If you read this crap Bailey, then just grind away and stick fat mate, as I have no doubt about your ability whatsoever. This is as much an exercise in mental adversity development as physical development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back