Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Make no mistake, if we do get to the point where we’ve got the cattle to challenge for the the flag, there will still be room for somebody like Bailey. Our problem at the moment is that we have too many nondescript players. However, one of them is vital in every good team. That “one” may well be Bailey. Remember Shane Clayton has a premiership medal. He helped himself to 3 disposals in the 1999 GF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Make no mistake, if we do get to the point where we’ve got the cattle to challenge for the the flag, there will still be room for somebody like Bailey. Our problem at the moment is that we have too many nondescript players. However, one of them is vital in every good team. That “one” may well be Bailey. Remember Shane Clayton has a premiership medal. He helped himself to 3 disposals in the 1999 GF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just cos there has been plodders/spuds in premiership teams doesn’t mean it had to be bailey for us taking up a spot ahead of another player

Especially when we have young talent in the vfl eg Goater

Just cos there has been plodders/spuds in premiership teams doesn’t mean it had to be bailey for us taking up a spot ahead of another player

Especially when we have young talent in the vfl eg Goater

Nothing “has” to be anything. However, opportunity is always there. Players who put in 100% will always be in the mix. Like you, I prefer the classier players. However, quite often, those players put the cue in the rack when the going gets tough. Bailey will absolutely never put the cue in the rack.

Bailey's been better than Goat this year and deserves to play ahead of him
I'm a massive Goater fan but he was pretty crap last week. What did he have, something like 9 touches for about 100m gained.

Almost everyone in a blue and white jumper likely better that.

Bailey looked more aggressive with ball in hand today, ran more and those instances where he took on his opponent and made space was beautiful to watch, and his disposal was better as well. I had him just outside the top 3 today.

Started to get some Aaron Hall line breaking patterns to his game. Was very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We know who the elite talents going forward are, and hopefully can add more in the top end of the next couple of drafts.

But you need solid, reliable role players to complement them, Bailey will be one of them.
Excellent game today, worked his butt off. Really took the game on and opened it up for us a few times. Ball use was generally effective as well

I seriously don’t understand the hate for him. He plays on at every cost, creates play ins, attacks, has some great disposal and runs his ass off. Had 6 scoring involvements and tore it up where ever he was.

He is an incredible role player
You don’t understand why being a poor kick could annoy some?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back