Player Watch #9: Charlie Spargo

Remove this Banner Ad

Well my hand is up here.

I was adamant that we were wasting time giving him opportunities, and he’s proving me wrong at the moment.

I love how hard he has worked and his current levels of courage and reliability are great.

He’s becoming the exact blue collar small forward half player that we needed.
There would have been more than a few who said we can't be succesful with AnB, Spargo, Harmes etc in our side

Had a very good debut season and was really good last year IMO. Major second year blues in 2019 but half forward is thé hardest position to play at the best of times, let alone in a side with garbage midfield-forward entries.

Had a very good debut season and was really good last year IMO. Major second year blues in 2019 but half forward is thé hardest position to play at the best of times, let alone in a side with garbage midfield-forward entries.
Yeah now we look for them, before we used to just bypass them and go long over the top

How could you not like that lovable face?
1002282.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spargo and Nibbler...Melbourne managed to polish 2 turds into gold. Both were terrible players previously, and now both are rock solid reliable players. Unreal.

I could never understand the hatred for Spargo, I always thought he was all right you could see that he had good traits.

Don't think anyone hated him, that's a strong word. He just looked limited as a player. He's short, he's not quick, and he can't kick long. When the team was dysfunctional, his best traits - ball use by foot, pressure, overall footy smarts - couldn't shine through.

Don't think anyone hated him, that's a strong word. He just looked limited as a player. He's short, he's not quick, and he can't kick long. When the team was dysfunctional, his best traits - ball use by foot, pressure, overall footy smarts - couldn't shine through.
That little dr truth campaigner hated him lol

In all likelihood Spargo and Nib were always decent players but it was hard for them to shine when our structure sucked and our midfielders were a bunch of dumb, selfish campaigners hoofing the ball blindly over their heads at every opportunity.
Whichever one got the mids running out of clearances instead of pumping it long is the biggest hero of all

Whichever one got the mids running out of clearances instead of pumping it long is the biggest hero of all
Oliver 1m handballs to stationary targets in ever decreasing circles:

Oliver using his legs to get through the stoppages:

Nah that's crap mate
Yeah this

ANB has always been a good player just struggled last year

Spargos main issue was he couldn't kick the ball over 30m. Still not a big kick but has made up for it with his kicking skills and decision making

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Yeah this

ANB has always been a good player just struggled last year

Spargos main issue was he couldn't kick the ball over 30m. Still not a big kick but has made up for it with his kicking skills and decision making

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Huge part is obviously us settling on a 22. Both of them and a bunch of others all had crap games and patches during the season but there was a real 'if you do what we ask' you won't be dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back