legendtofski

All Australian
Jun 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Australia, Liverpool.
We played like champions for the first half, then fell asleep in the third quarter. Richmond reversed their gameplan from the week before, but they defintely had me worried. It was nice to finish comfortably, but so late in the game??? Sure the umpires DEFINTELY favoured them, but if we were a strong side we would have won by at least 50 points. Campo was seriously quiet, and Johnson is becoming a bit of a dud in our midfield. It was good to beat them WITH Richo, but that third quarter fade was a worry. Sure we're not a great side, but we ARE rebuilding nicely. We still lack a decent rukman, a solid reliable defender and perhaps a goalsneak like Milne the Rapist. I kinda feel sorry for the Tigers because I think they have some truly class players, but they have absolutely no decent gameplan besides Richo and are hence looking like a rabble. I know how that feels, Carlton have been like that for the last couple of years! They need a decent coach who speaks honestly about the team. Even though we won, Pag's still compared us to 'a honeymooners nightdress going up and down all the time' - thats a great analogy, far beter than Flawley who just spits out cliches and excuses. I reckon he's gotta go, and they need a strategic no-bull**** coach. Hence their desire and BS rumour about them trying Pagan. Dream on Tigers, you don't have the cash we do!!!

Our great start gave us the win, I'd prefer us to get off to a great start and setup the win and be in box seat for the game.

I'm not sure why people were getting worried... we were still winning comfortably.

4 points is 4 points, and that's all we need.

Despite what a lot of fans thought I didn't think it was too bad a win. We were 9 goals up half-way through the 2nd quarter but it is hard for a young side like ours to keep the foot down. Did anyone seriously think we would go on and win by 20 goals? We'll have our ups and downs in most matches this year but as a reference to that what about Brisbane's last quarter performance against us at the Gabba? It happens, even to the best!

Originally posted by Calgary's_Cup
Despite what a lot of fans thought I didn't think it was too bad a win. We were 9 goals up half-way through the 2nd quarter but it is hard for a young side like ours to keep the foot down. Did anyone seriously think we would go on and win by 20 goals? We'll have our ups and downs in most matches this year but as a reference to that what about Brisbane's last quarter performance against us at the Gabba? It happens, even to the best!

I was thinking more like 15... but ok.

Re: Re: A good win but not a great one....

Originally posted by Bojangles17
hmm is that why there is rumours circulating that carlton may join the soup kichen que for a handout..

And the rumour is you think that Brown is some sort of superhuman, and that he cannot bleed when he hits his head on a hard surface...

... or so you thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back