Traded Aaron Hall [traded to North Melbourne for pick 68]

Who won this trade?

• Gold Coast

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lazy footballer. Has all the tools but I get some Sylvia vibes about him.
even Sylvia wasnt playing consistant reserves football at a terrible club

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I doubt bomber fans would and im not sure i would but....

Laverde straight swap or changing of picks to equalize?

I like Hall aswell as an option. We know his defensive deficiances but he also has some really great weapons and in a stronger side would avoid attention and require a better work rate to maintain his position in the side. We also know hes turning 29 next year.

A right footer with line breaking ability and penetration by foot is something that could work for essendon and on the etihad deck.

I probably would want a fair bit back for laverde..... i doubt id be keen to do it.

Aaran Hall turning 29 in a strong draft is probably worth around pick 45? (Understand Gold Coast dont necessarily want picks though).

Gc Picks: 2,3, 21 22 (priority pick), 40, 58
Ess Picks: Pick 9, 27, 45, 63
-------------- ------------------ -------------------
Ess Out: M.Brown, Pick 27, Pick 45
In: Brodie, A.Hall

Gc Out: Hall, Brodie
In: M.Brown, Pick 27 and Pick 45

You’re also forgetting we have west coasts first rounder, your second rounder plus the cats second rounder... So how you going to trade pick 27 when we already have your pick you goose. Picks and someone as crap as Mitch Brown is the least of the Suns priorities now.

I doubt bomber fans would and im not sure i would but....

Laverde straight swap or changing of picks to equalize?

I like Hall aswell as an option. We know his defensive deficiances but he also has some really great weapons and in a stronger side would avoid attention and require a better work rate to maintain his position in the side. We also know hes turning 29 next year.

A right footer with line breaking ability and penetration by foot is something that could work for essendon and on the etihad deck.

I probably would want a fair bit back for laverde..... i doubt id be keen to do it.

Aaran Hall turning 29 in a strong draft is probably worth around pick 45? (Understand Gold Coast dont necessarily want picks though).

Gc Picks: 2,3, 21 22 (priority pick), 40, 58
Ess Picks: Pick 9, 27, 45, 63
-------------- ------------------ -------------------
Ess Out: M.Brown, Pick 27, Pick 45
In: Brodie, A.Hall

Gc Out: Hall, Brodie
In: M.Brown, Pick 27 and Pick 45

Brodie would be seen closer to Langford than Laverde, so if you would want a fair bit for Laverde then Brodie isn't going for 27 and Brown (if Hall= 45)

As of right now GC have 2, 17, 26, 29, 38. Add in 3 for Lynch. I think trying for Lloyd and McVeigh with one of those 2nd rounders to try sweeten the deal with Hall would be their best bet. They need senior players, not pick 32 (Essendons current 2nd), 30 (Hawks), 41 (Dogs) etc.

If Hall was to want to go to north & north did want Hall
I could see something like
#10-#12 going to the Suns
Hall +#26+#29 going to north

North will probably get a bid on thomas before their #12 and the points for #26+#29 are more than #10-#12

If Hall was to want to go to north & north did want Hall
I could see something like
#10-#12 going to the Suns
Hall +#26+#29 going to north

North will probably get a bid on thomas before their #12 and the points for #26+#29 are more than #10-#12

This makes sense for north. It's fine from a gcs point of view I guess but is it what they need? One high pick better for them or two mid picks to turn list over and find a guy who wants to stay?

If Gold Coast want players, not picks, Josh Williams is perfect for them. He was part of their academy two years back, North bid on him and they didn’t match. He’s currently out of contract and a poster on our board reckons he’s a sure thing to go home at the end of this year.

Does a straight swap sound fair? Considering Hall has been playing reserves footy all season.

If Gold Coast want players, not picks, Josh Williams is perfect for them. He was part of their academy two years back, North bid on him and they didn’t match. He’s currently out of contract and a poster on our board reckons he’s a sure thing to go home at the end of this year.

Does a straight swap sound fair? Considering Hall has been playing reserves footy all season.
Hall has played 6 senior games this year, and would be getting more games today if he wasn't injured for the rest of the season. He was dropped back to the reserves for lack of defensive pressure. I wouldn't be doing a straight swap for Hall and Williams IMO. One is a starting 22 player and the other hasn't played a game this season. Will wait and see what happens.

Hall has played 6 senior games this year, and would be getting more games today if he wasn't injured for the rest of the season. He was dropped back to the reserves for lack of defensive pressure. I wouldn't be doing a straight swap for Hall and Williams IMO. One is a starting 22 player and the other hasn't played a game this season. Will wait and see what happens.
Fair. Couple future picks? We need as many picks this year as we can get.

No way would it be a straight swap one player is best 22 at any club the other has played 2 games in 2 years.

Hall hasn't played reserves all year.
he would be playing this weekend again Richmond if he didn't have a season ending injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is talk that Preuss wants out at North and his value would be similar (perhaps a bit higher than Hall). I doubt if Preuss would be traded to GC as they already have Witts, but it is possible a club such as GWS may be involved in a 3 way trade

There is talk that Preuss wants out at North and his value would be similar (perhaps a bit higher than Hall). I doubt if Preuss would be traded to GC as they already have Witts, but it is possible a club such as GWS may be involved in a 3 way trade
Nuthin better than a 3-way! :thumbsu:

Hall a 2nd round pick
Preuss maybe pick 40-50 at best

that's irrelevant If he's contracted or not.

Hall is best 22 in any team preuss is not
Hall is in and out of your team in a position where teams have 6-8 in the team

Preuss is a ruck, most teams play 1 only.

Contacted vs uncontracted matters also

Uncontracted takes away leverage
Contracted if we don't like the deal we keep the player

Preuss is worth a second rounder
Hall is worth a 3rd rounder

Back