Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD would need to kick 60 a year for the next 7 seasons in a row - just to get where JJK is now.

Won't happen.
JD has 188 goals.
At the same age, JJK had 167.

My concern with trading JD now is that lofty height JJK reached, he reached during the years JD is about to enter. Off the back of an injury that kept him out for a season.
Funny you say 60. Thats exactly what JJK has averaged in those years. With a couple in the 80s.

You don't trade that out for picks.

While turning down two first rounders for a want-away does look dumb, I can actually see Essendon's logic here. Their leading goal kicker since Joe started to struggle to stay on the park has been Stringer with 30 and 33 goals. You are not going to do much damage in September with a forward line operating at that level. Key forwards take time to develop, so I can see how they figured draft picks were not that interesting. Basically they are taking a chance that Joe will a) be convinced Essendon is where he wants to be and b) can get back to his best. Its a pretty big gamble, but they've been trying to build a list to go deep into finals for a few years, and developing a key forward from the draft in no way fits their timetable.

Personally, I'd probably have taken the picks and taken a punt on Sydney finishing low down again next year and trying to leverage the pick into a trade for the best available forward they can get their hands on in 2020. Cameron is coming out of contract next year for example. GWS will obviously try to keep him, but having some first rounders to play with might be handy, and he's probably not the only one who could potentially be available. Essendon are likely not making top 4 next year, even with Joe having a decent year given they barely made the 8 this year with an easier draw than they'll get next year, so an immediate replacement for Joe is probably not essential. They could have also used Sydney's first rounder this year to trade for a decent inside mid, which still seems to be a need.

So I'd say their decision isn't completely illogical, but I don't think its the path most likely to optimise their chances of doing something significant in September with the current list, as it relies on more luck than other paths would have. I hope Joe can get on the park next year for his sake. Will be massively frustrating for him if he can't given what has unfolded. Might almost be enough to see Dodoro finally get some pressure on his job security, which isn't a good thing for those who like seeing Essendon finish September empty handed.

Yeah.
I take the risk.

He's too valuable and an unknown to blindly let go.

As speculative as it is that he may get back to AA form, sign on and have a fruitful career, its no less speculative than Pick 9.
Plus, he's an RFA. We'll likely match and force a trade and get a pick better than ours (Swans 1st next year) and more anyway.

That's only if the Swan's will still want him next year

What trade? There was no trade!

Typical Bombers fan. Claims a 'win' in an imaginary trade that never happened.

You bring in Cutler and Tom Phillips. That's it! Not sure I'd be blowing Dodo based on that.

My team is officially re-building. We go in to 2020 with 2nd youngest list in the comp after the Suns.

Your team is battling to win its first final in 15 years. Not sure I'd be blowing Dodo based on that either. Yet here you are.
I simply said based on your reaction to Essendon passing up Swans offer that you should be happy but don’t seem to be. And you come back with this diatribe of sh*t. Maybe have a lie down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It aged perfectly.

Dodoro's ego has cost Essendon again.

He just refuses to let players go.

He's so desperate to win the deal, he loses sight of the fact that it's in Essendon's interest to move these guys on rejuvenate the list.
Why would we rejuvenate when we just did that and would expect the time to compete is now

Why would we rejuvenate when we just did that and would expect the time to compete is now
Daniher retention aside, were there any other targets Dons had in mind? The team is crying out for inside mids yet Dodoro didn’t seem to be looking that way this trade period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back